Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 07-10-2017, 13:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
James just played Upper Chapel. Set;

Everything must go
From despair to where
Faster
Kevin carter
Been a son (!!)
Small black flowers
Motorcycle emptiness
Let Robeson sing
Prologue to history (!!!!)
Tolerate
A design for life

He said he rehearsed Yes but didn't feel right playing it in a chapel. So may be played later.
He did a slightly different set at Trafalgar Warehouse - he didn't play Small Black Flowers or Let Robeson Sing - he did play You Stole The Sun and Yes (I think!)
Old 07-10-2017, 19:30
Bored out of my mind

We were at the chapel gig and I loved it! Pretty, intimate venue and a couple of curios thrown in there as well. It was great to hear Prologue and Been a Son. James was in good spirits, joking about people coming in late and going to the toilets which were right next to the stage and not wanting to play Yes in a church We did hear him sound check before doors opened and he sound checked Motown Junk as well, but don't think that got played at any of the venues. The crowd were very appreciative throughout and we had a nice sing along to ADFL at the end. The acoustics of the venue lent themselves well to James' big voice too. I just wish the gig could have been longer really, as I could happily listen to acoustic James all evening.

I took a few photos with my iPhone, although for some reason James' face has a strange heavenly glow because of the bright lights (and he seemed to have his eyes closed for a lot of it, possibly due to the lighting?)

Old 07-10-2017, 23:55
Under neon loneliness

I really wish we'd got there earlier and sat near the front. The 'being a short arse' problem is the same seated as standing, in a chapel. My neck hurts like hell today from craning just to see the top of his head That said, I could hear him just fine.