Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-10-2009, 19:51
Doors slowly closing

About 8 years ago I walked into a discount store and found a load of signed manics albums and singles. Some fan must have been in a right fix or else just didn't care about the manics anymore? The look on the sales assistants face was pricless when he realized they were all signed. The albums were only like 2 quid and the singles only 50 p or something. Nothing he could do at that point. I was delighted with life.

Still, not the same as getting them signed yourself. I'm more into getting my photo take with them. Except I had my pic taken with them either I have never hung around after a gig.
Old 18-10-2009, 20:07
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post
Here's the latest additions to our signed stuff collection...

I think the dollar bills are possible my favourite autographed souvenir I have! They are certainly different.
Also dito ... the dollar bills rock. Very creative to think of getting those signed.

The stuff I have signed in my collection signed by all 3:

GT, GATS, THB, EMG, KYE, LB, SATT and JFPL standard release/edition cd
TIMT (Ltd ed CD .. with embossed cover .. no writing on booklet cover)
Lipstick Traces (digipack) release
Forever Delayed (with slip cover)
JFPL (Ltd 2 disc) ... this came signed (I didnt get it so to speak)
12" KYE Record
10" Masses Against The Classes
Masses CD single
Forever Delayed Book by Mitch Ikeda
Promo JFPL poster for recent US tour
Boston, MA Paradise show ticket

Also have the 'Great Western' signed by just James. Stupidly left 'Zeitgeist' at home for the Newbury Comics thing not realising the whole band would show up ... I was mad .. haha.

I was really really happy to get the studio albums complete with signatures on this tour as I only had thru KYE.

What I wish I had brought for signing: The DVD covers for FD, Manic Millennium and Cuba .. maybe next tour.
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 18-10-2009, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDWill View Post
We got the "You Love U.S." poster from NYC signed, my JFPL special edition signed by everyone (had James sign the inside with silver marker, thinking I was all slick, and then Sean opens up to one of the blank notebook pages, signs and says "yeah, done this a few thousand times, this is the best way" , oh and Nicky signed the WLW page), and also had Nicky sign the forward of "Fuse".
Sean said the special editions hurt his hand because they did so many between rehearsals.
Old 19-10-2009, 00:33
Freed from the century

Got 'Youre Love Alone' single/'Journal For Plague Lovers' signed. Met them in 96 and got autographs but they got nicked in Bristol by 2 females Manics fans.......
Old 19-10-2009, 00:46

All three of them autographed my two disc edition of Journal For Plague Lovers. I have it displayed in my room.
Old 19-10-2009, 00:48

Got my Holy Bible CD signed by James, Nicky and Sean earlier this month.

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 19-10-2009, 01:16
Desire on its knees

i got my forever delayed insert signed at the toronto gig.
it was so funny because people were sort of raising their eyebrows that i was sixth in line and just getting that signed. then i told them my story of how i discovered the manics for myself while living in tokyo and they understood why i got FD signed

i also have the signed hardcover JFPL from townsend records.
Old 19-10-2009, 01:25

newbury comics still has the autographed cd booklet for sale.

you can buy it here:

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_...c=103-1302408N