Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-11-2011, 07:38
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I agree, private lives are private lives, but as I said on another thread, kind of no need to be all secretive about everything. It's a baby ffs! One of the most beautiful things! And as hummingbird wrote, hardly anyone's gonna be camping outside their house! If nobody got the hold of the news yet, while she was pregnant, I don't think that now everyone's gonna be hysterical about it or something.
That doesn't mean that I think that they're public property, cuz they're fucking not, but they're not that sort of celebrities - no one's gonna chase James for >the OK! photo shoot with the baby! [meaning: nobody actually gives a shit]
Old 16-11-2011, 08:42
Doors slowly closing

I'm trying to work of which would indicate having the least interest in something. Not giving a thundering fuck or not giving a subdued fuck.
Old 16-11-2011, 08:45
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I'm trying to work of which would indicate having the least interest in something. Not giving a thundering fuck or not giving a subdued fuck.
Not posting at all?
Old 16-11-2011, 08:47
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Not posting at all?
I'm carrying on the conversation from the previous page.
Old 16-11-2011, 10:39
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanushka View Post
I agree, private lives are private lives, but as I said on another thread, kind of no need to be all secretive about everything. It's a baby ffs! One of the most beautiful things! And as hummingbird wrote, hardly anyone's gonna be camping outside their house! If nobody got the hold of the news yet, while she was pregnant, I don't think that now everyone's gonna be hysterical about it or something.
That doesn't mean that I think that they're public property, cuz they're fucking not, but they're not that sort of celebrities - no one's gonna chase James for >the OK! photo shoot with the baby! [meaning: nobody actually gives a shit]
No Hello/OK style photoshoot.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 16-11-2011, 10:46
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanushka View Post
Given that there are fantasy threads on this forum about James sticking his finger in peoples arses I don't think discussing the fact that he's expecting or had a baby is that untoward. In fact I find the aformentioned section of the forum far more offensive, and as we know, the band have seen it.
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 16-11-2011, 11:30
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Given that there are fantasy threads on this forum about James sticking his finger in peoples arses I don't think discussing the fact that he's expecting or had a baby is that untoward. In fact I find the aformentioned section of the forum far more offensive, and as we know, the band have seen it.
100% agree.

Still as for this having a baby lark, am I the only one who just doesn't care? Well done for fulfilling one of life's main goals, to create more life.
I like the guys as musicians and whatever they say in the press, this stuff is just irrelevant to me.

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 16-11-2011, 12:11
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafettish View Post
100% agree.

Still as for this having a baby lark, am I the only one who just doesn't care? Well done for fulfilling one of life's main goals, to create more life.
I like the guys as musicians and whatever they say in the press, this stuff is just irrelevant to me.
You'd think that based on some of the responses here some of us were planning to set up some kind of paparazzi camp or something.

I just think it's nice for fans to offer their best wishes and congratulations on a happy occasion. It's no different from my wishing congratulations when they won that recent award, whether the band reads the well wishes or not.
Old 16-11-2011, 13:19
Bored out of my mind

The world at large couldn't care less, that is true! But if people want to express their congrats then that's up to them. As for Appreciation, well you don't have to read it!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 16-11-2011, 13:22
Administrator

Quote:
Well, that's a private forum....and in a way that's one of the reasons we've always tried to keep stuff off here....don't really want obsessed fans being critical of their families.
Old 16-11-2011, 13:38

Quote:
Whoa, really?! I'm new here, haven't see this thread! But I want to!
And did they really see the Appreciation? Whoa, If I was them, I'd die!
Seriously, did they mention it in some interviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart2Heart View Post
You'd think that based on some of the responses here some of us were planning to set up some kind of paparazzi camp or something.
I haven't read all the posts here, but all those people who wrote like they plan some freaky trip to James' house with baby gifts and whatever else, need their heads checked. (if they really wrote things like that).
My point was - I understand the privacy issue, and James' wish for his private life to remain private, but I've also wrote that there's no need being all hush hush about everything. One simple statement for the fans is enough.Honestly, people are more interested in Gaga, Rihanna or the X-factor bunch to passionately care about James.
Hope nobody's offended cuz I really didn't mean to be offensive.
Old 16-11-2011, 13:41
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
The world at large couldn't care less, that is true! But if people want to express their congrats then that's up to them. As for Appreciation, well you don't have to read it!
Well no one has to read anything.

It's about as private as Wetherspoons.
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 16-11-2011, 19:04
Builder of routine

oh lovely now people think i agree that their private lives are up for discussion whatever the topic. Not what i meant at all.
Old 16-11-2011, 19:20
Banned

I don't want to get all bogged down in the rows over this. But, best of luck to them. Especially the expectant mother. I shudder, and my blood runs cold whenever I think of child birth. That's all I want to say.
Old 16-11-2011, 21:24

^I'm with you on this one. Thinking of a baby going through there and out is making me feeling pain and urgh.
And everyone else - stop being so strict - nobody's invading no one's privacy. We're happy Mrs Bradfield gave birth![better her than me!]

Last edited by yanushka; 17-11-2011 at 08:56.