Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-05-2010, 17:17
Builder of routine

Trutnov Festival, Czech Republic 20th August 2010

http://kultura.idnes.cz/trutnov-vita...3907_hudba_jaz

http://www.last.fm/festival/1342444+...010?setlang=en

confirmed

but please, dear Czech friends, translate the first article, please

I don't know the exact date, my apologies.

http://www.festivaltrutnov.cz/2010/english.html

the main site seems to be still under construction
last year's tickets were for 700 Czech Crowns only.

see you all there xD
Old 06-05-2010, 17:19
Administrator

It's the 20th.
Old 06-05-2010, 17:21
Builder of routine

then please change the name of this thread
Old 06-05-2010, 17:22
Administrator

Well, I am going to wait till we have some confirmation .
Old 06-05-2010, 17:27
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
http://kultura.idnes.cz/trutnov-vita...3907_hudba_jaz

http://www.last.fm/festival/1342444+...010?setlang=en

confirmed

but please, dear Czech friends, translate the first article, please

I don't know the exact date, my apologies.

http://www.festivaltrutnov.cz/2010/english.html

the main site seems to be still under construction
last year's tickets were for 700 Czech Crowns only.

see you all there xD
Not bad rate!

700 Czech koruny = 22.7051162 British pounds
Old 06-05-2010, 17:28
Doors slowly closing

Translation.

From "the small encampment" area on the battlefield came the first "smoke signals" to proclaim the main draw of this year's underground Trutnov Open Air Festival. Between 19 and 22 August's play Welsh rockers Manic Street Preachers, who are known for their left-wing texts and in 2001 spoke in Cuba.
Photoony BMGManic Street Preachers heading to Trutnov battlefield. Letošník festival here begins 19th of August.

"We will be happy to meet with the band, Martin 'Magor' Jirous and Francis Stark, living legends of the underground, which the Communists imprisoned for several years the issue of an independent magazine, organizing concerts and writing poems and a different culture. Maybe someone with such a first encounter in life and maybe change their minds, "said organizer Martin Věchet.

For the festival, which became a symbol of opposition to the Communist regime, the Manic Street Preachers are not completely normal choice. Therefore, its members met with the organizers like other figures of the domestic underground.

"The band was never anywhere 'kissed' real communism with all its realities. Nobody her never overruled, apparently no totalitarian hand of this band as music and concerts nezmlátila. This is why we are in the foothills of our invitation. Několikatisícové stadiums across to Cuba and with Fidel leader, whose portrait now wears many tricks of fashion, came into our camp and his sight, "says Martin Věchet.

DG307 convince them?
Manic Street Preachers still some interesting musically. Their last year's board Journal for Lovers Plague by critics is one of the best in their careers.

Directly in front of them play domestic underground classic DG307. "Their story is quite different. The unique sound almost mystical texts and their author was Pavel Zajicek, imprisoned in the past and the whole band knew persecution leading up to the driven away into exile," recalls Věchet.

Other names include the festival should Rachid Taha Band or Elvis Jackson. Recently it also confirmed appearances by Hana and Petr Ulrychových with a group of maples.

Tickets are not sold yet and are not about the Price. Traditionally there is a conspiracy on the days in which to get off the main stars.
Old 06-05-2010, 17:30
Doors slowly closing

http://www.muzikus.cz/festivaloviny/...6~kveten~2010/

Another one.
Old 06-05-2010, 19:49
I am purity, they call me perverted

It seems I'm going

yay!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 23:45
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitz View Post
It seems I'm going

yay!!!
awww, lucky you!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:55
Winterlover

OMFG, why????? I hate festivals! And this ine is maybe the worst of all...

I am definitely going.
Old 07-05-2010, 14:09
Winterlover

just a little bit of tweaking for those who are interested...

Trutnov welcomes Manic Street Preachers
How will they deal with Magor?

From "military encampment under the mountains" area on Bojiště came the first "smoke signals" to proclaim the main draw of this year's underground Trutnov Open Air Festival (19th to 22nd August) Welsh rockers Manic Street Preachers, well-known for their left - wing lyrics and the 2001 Cuba gig are about to perform.

"We are happy that the band will meet Martin 'Magor' Jirous and František Stárek, living legends of the Czech underground, who were imprisoned for several years for the issuing of an independent magazine, organizing concerts and writing poems and a different culture during the communist era. Maybe they'll meet such people for the first time and they'll change their minds, "said organizer Martin Věchet.

For the festival, which became a symbol of opposition to the Communist regime, the Manic Street Preachers are not completely normal choice. Therefore,the organizers would like the band to meet even more people connected with the former Czech underground.

"The band was never anywhere 'kissed' by the real communism with all its features. The band has never been forbidden, no totalitarian "hand"(this is a Czech phrase - it means that they were not persecuted by the state (Donkey)) has ever beaten the band members. This is also one of the reasons why we have invited the band. For them to come here after they played the big stadiums and Cuba and figure it out "says Martin Věchet.

Convinced by DG307?
Manic Street Preachers are definitely interesting musically. Their last year's Journal for Lovers Plague is by many critics one of their best albums.

Directly before Manics DG307 - a Czech underground classic is scheduled. "Their story is quite different. Pavel Zajicek, who created their unique sound and almost mystical lyrics was imprisoned for that in the past and the whole band knew persecution that even led to compulsory leaving of the country," recalls Věchet.

Tickets are not available yet and their price is unknown. Neither are the main stars playing times.

Not perfect, sorry - but neither was the original! There are sentences hardly meaning anything in Czech!

Last edited by Donkey; 07-05-2010 at 14:23.
Old 07-05-2010, 14:21
Winterlover

Manic Street Preachers and Rachid Taha in Trutnov

It's completely pointless to count how many times have the Open Air Truntnov festival taken place on it's traditional place in Bojiště amphitheatre "for the last time". This year - from 19th to 22nd August it's happening again.

Manics Street Preachers is the first headliner announced. The Welsh trio that released their 9th album - JFPL - last year.

Then....

foreign:
Rachid Taha
Senser (UK)
Dubioza Kolektiv
Irie Revoltés
Elvis Jackson
The Flying Eyes.

home: (with Donkey's recommendations...)
Hana a Petr Ulrychovi with Javory, (not interesting folk/world music)
DG 307, (I dunno)
Plastic People of the Universe, (shit)
Garage, (shit, MAN that singer really cannot talk (don't mention singing)
Monkey Business, (funky shit)
Pražský výběr II, (SHIT)
Jiří Schmitzer with his band, (not interensting folksinger)
Neočekávaný dýchánek, (dunno)
Prouza, (shit)
Al-Yaman (dunno)
Švihadlo (SHHHHIIIIIT - cannabis stupid czech regae)

Old 07-05-2010, 14:26
Builder of routine

yeah I've been suprised very much they invited them to that festival, it seems very anty communistic festival, last year it was dedicated to Jan Palach and Jerzy Siwiec who both commited suicide by self-immolation as a protest againts Warsaw Pact invasion in Czechoslovakia in 1968. and this year it's dedicated to, among others, Jerzy Popiełuszko, the priest of Solidarity, portrayed by Christopher Lambert in Agnieszka Holland's film To Kill A Priest.
I must say the choice is a bit controversial.

now the worse thing to think about - what should I wear that day?????

oh and the main site is now available, also in English

http://www.festivaltrutnov.cz/2010/en/en-news-news

Jakub, do you think will there any possibility to get the posters for this festival?
is Trutnov a big town? I've got a train from Jelenia Góra (Pol) that's on the route to Trutnov during the summer period, so for me and my mates it wouldn't be a big problem to get there. do you have any idea about the accommodation? I'd rather choose hostel than tents...

Last edited by Deets; 07-05-2010 at 14:31.
Old 07-05-2010, 14:31
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
yeah I've been suprised very much they invited them to that festival, it seems very anty communistic festival, last year it was dedicated to Jan Palach and Jerzy Siwiec who both commited suicide by self-immolation as a protest againts Warsaw Pact invasion in Czechoslovakia in 1968. and this year it's dedicated to, among others, Jerzy Popiełuszko, the priest of Solidarity, portrayed by Christopher Lambert in Agnieszka Holland's film To Kill A Priest.
I must say the choice is a bit controversial.
I don't really think it's that controversial. They've never been communists- never mind of the Eastern European variety.
I really don't mind if I'm being lied to

It's the facts of life sunshine
Old 07-05-2010, 14:33
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarbohydrate View Post
I don't really think it's that controversial. They've never been communists- never mind of the Eastern European variety.
I suppose so, because the idea of communism in the western and eastern Europe countries is different. it's all about ideals and aims and the way you take to achieve them blah blah blah blah...