Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-10-2009, 04:24
coldwashonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatInTheHat View Post
7 is when doors open. Opening act probably comes on at 8 and Manics at 9 or 9:20 or so.

As I said before, there's no problem with queueing but it isn't necessary. I wouldn't worry if you get there exactly at 7.

awesome. I'll fly there around 4ish . I'm excited!!
here is my t shirt

Last edited by coldwashonly; 06-10-2009 at 04:28. Reason: fotos
Old 06-10-2009, 04:36
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatInTheHat View Post
7 is when doors open. Opening act probably comes on at 8 and Manics at 9 or 9:20 or so.

As I said before, there's no problem with queueing but it isn't necessary. I wouldn't worry if you get there exactly at 7.
Oh wow thanks for the heads up; I was under the impression they came on at 7 for some reason.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11
Footprint of history

Right, we're just about to leave for Heathrow! The excitement is really starting to set in now. We're meeting r.e.v.o.l.l.o.v.e.r and MrsCarbohydrate at the hotel.

Ash was apparently 'excited beyond the capacity for rational thought.' I feel much the same! See ya stateside!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:14
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post
Ash was apparently 'excited beyond the capacity for rational thought.' I feel much the same! See ya stateside!
OK, now I REALLY wish I was going.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:27
Freed from the century

Hi all,

And welcome to NYC for those of you coming from out of town/country! Hope to meet some of you tomorrow (today, depending on what time you see this). I'll be wearing a pink t-shirt with an old school pic of Nicky that says "bassists do it deeper" (tee-hee), black sparkly jeans and black boots. I have long light brown hair and a rose compass tattoo on my left wrist.Those are all the identifying marks I can think of. Oh, I'm Jen.

MSP in NYC! Finally

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 07-10-2009, 01:51
Footprint of history

We're in New York now! Had a pretty good flight over, met up with Sam & Ash ok and went for a really nice meal here: http://www.broadwayeast.com/ - Very good with some very tasty, strong beer. We're now watching a match up between Ninjas and Spartans on 'Deadliest Warrior'. I'm not sure if this is actually happening or if I'm more jet lagged than my body is letting me realise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocity Exhibitionist View Post
And welcome to NYC for those of you coming from out of town/country!
Ta very much.

Quote:
Hope to meet some of you tomorrow (today, depending on what time you see this). I'll be wearing a pink t-shirt with an old school pic of Nicky that says "bassists do it deeper" (tee-hee)
AGH! My eyes!

Edit: r.e.v.o.l.l.o.v.e.r suggested the alternative tag line of 'Bassists do it with two fingers...' if you're interested.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02
Winterlover

Have fun in NYC, guys!
Looking forward to your texts and photos. Have a blast!

Last edited by Bryter Layter; 07-10-2009 at 02:28.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:23
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post

Edit: r.e.v.o.l.l.o.v.e.r suggested the alternative tag line of 'Bassists do it with two fingers...' if you're interested.

LOL!!

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 07-10-2009, 03:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Hi all,

And welcome to NYC for those of you coming from out of town/country! Hope to meet some of you tomorrow (today, depending on what time you see this). I'll be wearing a pink t-shirt with an old school pic of Nicky that says "bassists do it deeper" (tee-hee), black sparkly jeans and black boots. I have long light brown hair and a rose compass tattoo on my left wrist.Those are all the identifying marks I can think of. Oh, I'm Jen.

MSP in NYC! Finally
That t-shirt sounds intense! but I'm a lover of bassists... as I play bass myself, and my "unconventional love" happens to, as well.

5/28/2009- Camden Roundhouse, London, UK
5/29/2009- Camden Roundhouse, London, UK
10/1/2009- The Metro, Chicago, IL, USA
10/2/2009- Majestic Theatre, Detroit, MI, USA
10/4/2009- Pheonix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON, CAN
Old 07-10-2009, 04:27
Jadis31

Don't imagine there are many people left without plans by this point, but I'm a bit drunk and feeling sociable... So, after the NYC show, I am staying the night in town and driving up to Boston the next morning. If any one wants a ride, I've got room for two comfortable like or three a little squished.

So, if you could do with saving on bus fare, drop me an email or a pm or some such before noon Eastern Standard and we can work it out.

Love and Sparkles,
Jo
Old 07-10-2009, 12:16
Doors slowly closing

I'm now totally up for doing Boston, but getting back from Boston to Philly is looking 1) Impossible and 2) So expensive it'll clean me out.

Cannot wait for the gig tonight!!! Leaving soon to drive up!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:28
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
I'm now totally up for doing Boston, but getting back from Boston to Philly is looking 1) Impossible and 2) So expensive it'll clean me out.
Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
Cannot wait for the gig tonight!!! Leaving soon to drive up!
Cool. See you later. Are you queuing?
Old 07-10-2009, 13:00
I am purity, they call me perverted

i am so excited for this show..... and the venue is right across the street from my college dorm. it's surreal
Old 07-10-2009, 16:23
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by masking tape View Post
i am so excited for this show..... and the venue is right across the street from my college dorm. it's surreal
That's awesome; I'm coming from LIU - the CW Post campus in Brookville. It only takes about 45 minutes by train thankfully.

If anyone wants to look out for me I'll be wearing light blue ripped jeans and a black shirt that says "Let Peace In". I'll also have two other girls with me - a red head and one with black hair. Stop over, we'll be up for a chat. XD
Old 07-10-2009, 20:21
Winterlover

OK, just reporting in, I'm going to be late getting back online this evening (managed to get that vet appointment rescheduled).

If anybody is texting/tweeting you can either send 'em to me & I'll upload them all at once when I get in, or you can tweet. Whatever works for you.

Sorry about this, but I've really got to get this situation sorted.