Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-08-2009, 20:25
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
I don't know how many Manics fans there are in Canada, probably a lot more than in the US, but I doubt prolonged queing is nescessary to get up front. Especially in the small venues.
Good point! I'm inclined to agree with you on that.
I would argue though that they're bigger in Canada then they are in the States. I think at one time they were a lot bigger here than South of the border, but not playing shows or doing significant amounts of PR this way really hurt their status over here. Still, I should imagine they'll have a really good turn out for both Vancouver and Toronto...I can't see both shows not sellng out eventually to be honest. No idea about the States though, but I think their chances are good in NY, Philly and Boston, possibly even San Fran.
Old 03-09-2009, 19:36
Winterlover

Well, it only took an extra $18.50 USD (bloody crooks!) to get them, but I finally recievd my tix to the show. Phew! Now I can relax a bit more...yay!
Old 06-09-2009, 14:40
Born to end

Good for you!

I also bought them presale and am still waiting... They did send me an email to tell me they had been returned (they got the wrong adress...) and were sending them back. I just hope they can make their way to NB quickly so I can stop having nightmares about it. (I had another one last night were I couldn't find the venue and arrived so late I only caught the last song. Anxious much?)
Old 06-09-2009, 15:57
Winterlover

Its weird yours are all taking so long - I only found out I could get time off work about a fortnight ago, ordered the ticket from ticketmaster a week ago and it arrived on Friday and thats getting to the UK. I just wish the US dates were as easy but none of them will post to the UK so it looks like I'll have to do venue pick up which petrifies me
Old 06-09-2009, 17:45
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
Good for you!

I also bought them presale and am still waiting... They did send me an email to tell me they had been returned (they got the wrong adress...) and were sending them back. I just hope they can make their way to NB quickly so I can stop having nightmares about it. (I had another one last night were I couldn't find the venue and arrived so late I only caught the last song. Anxious much?)
Oh, believe me, I totally felt your anxiety! Still, at least they've made contact with you - that's more then I ever had. I should imagine you'll receive them in NB by next week.
Also don't worry about finding places in Toronto. Not sure if you've ever been here but it's a fairly easy city to navigate through. When in doubt, ask a random local on the street.

OMG Amanda! Are you doing all the dates on the N American tour? I must say, there are some pretty dedicated Manics fans out there, but you most be the most dedicated of the lot! MSP should put you on their payroll for sheer dedication alone.
Hope you have a lovely time and a safe trip!
Old 06-09-2009, 18:43
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
OMG Amanda! Are you doing all the dates on the N American tour? I must say, there are some pretty dedicated Manics fans out there, but you most be the most dedicated of the lot! MSP should put you on their payroll for sheer dedication alone.
Nah, I'm only doing half of it as thats as much time as I can get off work, and its not really got anything to do with dedication, these days half of its just an excuse to travel places I wouldn't think of going otherwise - I just use the manics as an impetus as I'm inherently lazy so would probably never even leave the house otherwise!
Old 06-09-2009, 19:00
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
I realise you're just commending those who are making the trip over the Atlantic for this US tour, but don't forget there are many fans around the world who would love to be able to go see them abroad, but can't for whatever reason, be it financial or other reasons. I don't think it's fair to suggest they're not as dedicated as other people who are lucky enough to be able to make the trip over to America. People show dedication in different ways afterall.
Old 06-09-2009, 19:01
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Nah, I'm only doing half of it as thats as much time as I can get off work, and its not really got anything to do with dedication, these days half of its just an excuse to travel places I wouldn't think of going otherwise - I just use the manics as an impetus as I'm inherently lazy so would probably never even leave the house otherwise!
That certainly makes sense...do some travelling and see a favourite band in the process; not a bad idea at all!

What shows will you be attending on your journey?
Old 11-09-2009, 17:40
Winterlover

Quote:
That certainly makes sense...do some travelling and see a favourite band in the process; not a bad idea at all!

What shows will you be attending on your journey?
Sorry didn't see this before, I'm planning on doing Minneapolis through to Boston, which isn't bad - would have liked to have done Denver as well as that looks like it could be a good one but unfortunately it wasn't to be
Old 12-09-2009, 19:19
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
I realise you're just commending those who are making the trip over the Atlantic for this US tour, but don't forget there are many fans around the world who would love to be able to go see them abroad, but can't for whatever reason, be it financial or other reasons. I don't think it's fair to suggest they're not as dedicated as other people who are lucky enough to be able to make the trip over to America. People show dedication in different ways afterall.
Oh sorry, didn't see your reply until now!
Nah, I was actually only joking on both accounts. Honestly didn't expect anyone to take me seriously.
Trust me, I'm all too aware that the majority of you would walk on water to see them play live, I was just highlighting Amanda's live experiences with the Manics this summer/fall.
Besides, can you imagine how we feel over here? I'm sure many of us would love to see them as much as those of you in the UK, but unfortunately, time and money (it's a lot more expensive for us to visit your shores then it is for you to come here what with the cost of living and exchange rates). I should imagine that we all feel your pain too.

Amanda, that's awesome! You must be one of only a few from the UK doing the cross border thing. Hope you have a very lovely time on your journey!
Old 21-09-2009, 02:14
I am purity, they call me perverted

Uhhh ....

Is there a pre-concert hook-up at the House on Parliament?

Does anyone know?
Old 21-09-2009, 16:18
Winterlover

Unfortunately, as mentioned to you via PM Karen, I can't make the meetup due to a family commitment. But I'll definitely be at the show come hell or high water.
I should imagine that it's still a go...the other attendees haven't been on the forum in a while, but I'm sure they'll pop up between now and the 4th. Can't see this not happening especially when quite a few of them are keen on queuing up.
Old 21-09-2009, 23:58
Desire on its knees

i'm going to this gig.
i got my tickets back during the presale and they were in my hot little hands about a week later.
i don't know if i'm going to do the whole early queue thing as my i'm dragging my fiancé along and he's basically coming out of sheer love for me... he's not a manics fan *lol*
Old 22-09-2009, 02:36
Winterlover

Latest info: Opening act at the Toronto show is Bear Hands (umm...ok).

Last edited by Bryter Layter; 22-09-2009 at 02:42.
Old 22-09-2009, 22:35
Born to end

I finally got my tickets! It was about time... Now I can truly get excited. I still have a hard time believing this is actually happening!

Any news on if they will do any kind of appearance on radio/tv?