Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-10-2009, 07:42
Vrekasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babenoname View Post
Hello All,
I'm absolutely new to the forum, not so the Manics. I was at the Toronto show - I'll post a link to a song I recorded.
I have a favor to ask from all of you. I've posted this on many other forums I could find. I lost my SD card with over 200 pictures of the gig. I'm hoping that someone has found it. I'd love to get the card back or a CD with the photos in original format. (I take pictures large format). Please contact me if you've found it or heard of someone finding it. I'm not sure if I lost it inside the venue or outside.
Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04yaCZ2Iy44

I keep seeing your notices about it various places and hoping it's turned up....
The venue has a phone number on the website, (416) 323-1251, if you haven't tried yet. They were very helpful when I called ahead of the concert.
'S not hard to imagine something that small getting kicked off into a dark corner or under something, especially cos it was so bloody dark in there.
Old 22-10-2009, 19:05
Bored of being bored

I finally got my pictures developed. Me and the Wire in Toronto (I've put the ones from Philly in that thread):

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 23-10-2009, 01:20
Desire on its knees

yay! nicky took a good picture!!!
Old 23-10-2009, 02:09
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
I finally got my pictures developed. Me and the Wire in Toronto (I've put the ones from Philly in that thread):

aww
Old 23-10-2009, 05:08
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by &ria View Post
yay! nicky took a good picture!!!
I like him better in the last one with me and him in Philly. Such a gorgeous smile he has in it!

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 23-10-2009, 16:33
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post

That's a really lovely shot of the two of you! I also really like the pix from Philly too! I'm so upset that I didn't get a chance to see Nicky and Sean. Mind you, after 17 years of fandom, I'm not sure I wouldn't have cried like a little baby in front of them. That was my worst fear and probably why I didn't try hard enough to meet them outside.
Old 23-10-2009, 18:22
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
I'm so upset that I didn't get a chance to see Nicky and Sean.
What about James?
Old 23-10-2009, 18:29
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
What about James?
Oh no, I saw quite a bit of James, I was just too scared to say even a peep to him. I did find him very short however (hey, my BF is 6'4" so to me, James is a wee man plus I'm also taller than him myself) I mean, I always knew he was short, but you just can't really visualize it until you see the evidence in person. He was bloody lovely though!
Old 23-10-2009, 18:33
Doors slowly closing

He is, isn't he (I thought you'd forgotten about him)! I find him much scarier to talk to than Nicky and Sean though. I kinda have to psyche myself up. With Nicky and Sean it's very much, 'Helllooo!', but with James I find myself thinking, I don't know if I can carry off a conversation with someone who I've had this many sexual fantasies about...

It doesn't help that he's next to Nicky a lot as he's enough to make anyone look short. I'm 5,8 and even with my big heels on Nicky makes me look miniscule!
Old 23-10-2009, 18:48
Winterlover

Hanna, I would never forget about James! I absolutely adore the man! In fact, during the gig, I think my eyes were transfixed on him more so then the others. He's bloody amazing!

I see what you mean about James from a sexual fantasy angle, but I think I was more awe-struck then anything else. Besides, he seems more serious then Nicky...Wire looks as if he'd be a little easier to talk to in person then James, but I know I would have still freaked out in a very uncool way had I actually stood even a few cm away from him. James didn't freak me out that much (mind you, I wasn't very close to him at any time) maybe because he's a little bit more unassuming then Wire. I still couldn't muster the courage to even say a word so...
As for Sean, he just intimidates me period, maybe because he's always been the quiet one.

I plan on going to the UK when they tour there next so I shall endeavour to meet them at that time. Well, at least I'll give it my best shot.
Old 28-11-2009, 06:18
Born to end

It's a little late, but here's a review of the show I put on my blog.

My apologies for not giving credit to whoever took the top photo on the blog entry. I downloaded it and then lost track of which site I got it from.
Old 28-11-2009, 19:48
Bored out of my mind

Hope you manage to make it over to the UK Shannon when they next go on tour over here!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)