Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-07-2022, 19:28
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone, somewhere, soon View Post
Jeans Not Happening can't be a lost / legacy recording, surely? someone here would be aware of it at least?

seems weird they're mentioning everywhere the fact that Borderline is a new studio recording for this collection, but not this one...
It's a Pale Fountains song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6RFhVib1uw

Not sure who Finlay George is though or where / when the cover was done. Still a bit of a mystery...
Old 05-07-2022, 20:03
Builder of routine

Yay it's back !
Old 05-07-2022, 20:28
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Found That Soul* View Post
14th on the iTunes albums chart which is surprising to me
Think that says more about the amount of people still buying music through iTunes than anything else... !
Old 05-07-2022, 20:35
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
See it as end of term goofing off before the next project and phase.
I can barely hear most of it but it's getting them back in the public eye. Generating traffic. It'll all add up in the end.
I guess so. Just covers arnt really my thing. I have NEVER even listened to CD two of lipstick traces, its literally never been taken out of thr case.
Old 05-07-2022, 20:52
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post
I guess so. Just covers arnt really my thing. I have NEVER even listened to CD two of lipstick traces, its literally never been taken out of thr case.
Well at least you don't have to fast forward the silence to get to We Are All Bourgeois Now.
Old 05-07-2022, 21:02
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Think that says more about the amount of people still buying music through iTunes than anything else... !
Im old school and just buy it 😂
Old 06-07-2022, 09:14
Desire on its knees

of the two new / potentially new recordings, I definitely prefer Jeans Not Happening... sounds like a proper old school Manics cover that could've been done any time between 96-03 or so. it sounds looser, more energetic, more FUN than Borderline.

Borderline isn't bad by any means... but it sounds sterile and low key compared to Jeans, like something recorded by a bunch of guys working out GarageBand for the first time.
Old 06-07-2022, 14:07
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone, somewhere, soon View Post
of the two new / potentially new recordings, I definitely prefer Jeans Not Happening... sounds like a proper old school Manics cover that could've been done any time between 96-03 or so. it sounds looser, more energetic, more FUN than Borderline.

Borderline isn't bad by any means... but it sounds sterile and low key compared to Jeans, like something recorded by a bunch of guys working out GarageBand for the first time.
I like the intro of Borderline and picturing the argument Nicky and Sean must have had about who gets to blow the whistle, but other than that it doesn't do much for me.

Even James sounds bored by it, especially when compared to something like the performance he puts into All or Nothing .
Old 06-07-2022, 22:48
Bored out of my mind

I'm sticking Umbrella on at the end every time I listen to this! And having a version of All Or Nothing that ousts the version Starsailor planted into my brain has to be a good thing!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 07-07-2022, 14:38
I live to fall asleep

I really like this - would be fab to have a vinyl to buy. Although I fear the closest we'll come to that is a hideously expensive RSD release next year with about 8 copies across the UK.
Old 07-07-2022, 15:10
An imitation of dignity

Looks like the name's been changed to Sleeping with Plastic now. They've also managed to shift the release date 33 years into the past...

https://www.deezer.com/en/album/332819407
https://mora.jp/package/43000087/G010004854776H/
https://music.apple.com/gb/album/1632908303
Old 07-07-2022, 16:06
Desire on its knees

vision blurred i've listened to often on youtube from a fan upload, I'm listening on spotify and it just sounds lifeless and dull. To anyone who knows these things, is it an issue with compression or something? if i bought flac files would it better or is it baked into the track
Nothing is secure but life, transition, the energizing spirit. No love can be bound by oath or covenant to secure it against a higher love. No truth so sublime but it may be trivial tomorrow in the light of new thoughts. People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them.
Old 07-07-2022, 17:25
I live to fall asleep

@ ron the little seal

I just listened to all tracks from qobuz
and unfortunately even in 24bit flac Vision Blurred sounds bad. Let's Stay Together sounds bad as well, however In Between Days and The Instrumental sound way better. Other tracks sound the same as before.
Old 07-07-2022, 17:35
Desire on its knees

Thanks for the info
Nothing is secure but life, transition, the energizing spirit. No love can be bound by oath or covenant to secure it against a higher love. No truth so sublime but it may be trivial tomorrow in the light of new thoughts. People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:20
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderliner View Post
@ ron the little seal

I just listened to all tracks from qobuz
and unfortunately even in 24bit flac Vision Blurred sounds bad. Let's Stay Together sounds bad as well, however In Between Days and The Instrumental sound way better. Other tracks sound the same as before.
But had Let's Stay Together and In Between Days have been previously released? I did not know it!