Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-10-2010, 17:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

27.08.94 Reading Festival - 10.08.96 Knebworth - 14.12.96 Brixton - 23.08.97 Reading Festival - 15.09.98 Kettering - 15.12.98 Wembley Arena - 16.12.98 Wembley - 21.08.99 V99 - 13.05.00 Everything Must Go play - 19.05.00 Everything Must Go play - 30.03.01 Brixton - 07.12.02 Wembley - 08.12.02 Brixton - 09.12.04 Wembley - 19.04.05 Hammersmith - 30.05.07 London Astoria - 29.05.09 Camden - 18.02.10 Glasgow King Tuts - 29.09.10 Glasgow O2 - 30.09.10 Aberdeen Hall - 02.10.10 Edinburgh Corn Exchange - 31.10.10 Leicester De Montford - 15.12.10 Winter Wonderland - 17.12.11 O2 Arena - 06.11.12 Rough Trade East - 24.09.13 Shepherds Bush - 06.04.14 Wolverhampton - 09.04.14 Brighton - 11.04.14 Brixton - 12.04.14 - Brixton - London Roundhouse 15.12.14 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall 01.06.15
Old 01-10-2010, 18:23
Doors slowly closing

If i hear AutumnSong again i might leave and book tickets to see My Chemical Romance instead...yes it is that bad. Hazleton Avenue is almost as bad as that, both songs are just offensively shit. The setlist is better than Glasgow, but knowing the Manics KC will be back before you know it. Swap KC for The Girl who Wanted to be God, i've never heard it live and its one of my favourite songs. Also swap Ocean Spray for Miss Europa!
Old 01-10-2010, 18:52
Knowlede Is Power

Old 02-10-2010, 01:11
Builder of routine

you all people moaning on the setlist are just a bit silly, if you don't like the songs, just don't go to see them. they can't make everyone happy and I dont care if the setlists is gonna be like YSTS-KC-AS-OS because i dont see them too often and im happy no matter what they play. please realise they are NOT gonna play full THB or the bsides like Patrick Bateman. if you get more realistic you'll more enjoy the gigs. i really cant understand why you moan about the setlist or diss the band if you havent been to the particular gig, this is so silly and immature. sorry if i offended anyone but i'm getting a bit tired of the FD recently, because no matter what theyre gonna play, they will never get the acceptance. lets be honest, songs like OS or YSTS might not be the best ever written, but they're jumpy and funny and the band has fun while playing them as much as the audience present at the gig. honestly, if they played the same setlist as they did in glasgow or aberdeen evertnight i wouldnt mind because it's a brilliant live band and i love them seeing live.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:37
Knowlede Is Power

No need to get all defensive, I haven't read the whole thread but from what I can gather nobody is expecting Patrick Bateman or THB in full. I was joking about PCP, even though it would be amazing. Myself and a few others are just suggesting that some singles get more exposure than they deserve while other singles/album tracks don't, but that doesn't mean we won't enjoy the gigs. We're entitled to express an opinion, isn't that what a forum is for? If you're not comfortable reading opinions you don't agree with I'm not sure why you're on a forum? Would you rather it was just a pure lovefest or something? I can't lie and pretend I love hazleton avenue or autumnsong cos I really don't. Saying we shouldn't go to the gigs cos we don't like a couple of songs seems a bit daft. I'm just as excited about seeing golden platitudes and postcards from a young man live as I am about seeing sleepflower and roses again, which is why I still go.

I'd be interested to see if you still think the same way once you've seen kc etc a dozen or so times!
Old 02-10-2010, 13:19
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
you all people moaning on the setlist are just a bit silly, if you don't like the songs, just don't go to see them.
I don't think anyone who dislikes a couple of songs or is merely just bored of hearing the same few songs needs to take as drastic action as to stop going to see them. You don't have to like every single song they play in order to enjoy their gigs, so thanks for the advice, but I'll keep buying my tickets.

Quote:
please realise they are NOT gonna play full THB or the bsides like Patrick Bateman.
I don't know why you keep saying this. As far as I've read in all of the gig threads so far, nobody even expects this.

Quote:
if you get more realistic you'll more enjoy the gigs. i really cant understand why you moan about the setlist or diss the band if you havent been to the particular gig, this is so silly and immature.
Not really. These threads are to discuss the gigs and aren't exclusively just for those who were there. If you're going to future gigs on the tour, it can be interesting to see how the setlists change (or not as the case may be) on the dates leading up to the ones you're going to. What's silly and immature about taking an interest in that?

Quote:
sorry if i offended anyone but i'm getting a bit tired of the FD recently, because no matter what theyre gonna play, they will never get the acceptance.
Equally I'm getting a bit tired of people telling others to stop moaning for daring to say they don't like a particular song or would have preferred to hear a different one. There are always going to be differences of opinion on a forum, that's the whole point! I don't want to read how everyone LOVES absolutely everything the band have ever released/played/said; it doesn't mean we're not all fans or should stop going to see them live. The band have even admitted they can't please everyone, so I'm sure a few people saying they're bored of hearing the likes of Kevin Carter and Ocean Spray and would rather hear a rarer song isn't really going to affect them. They'll play what they want to play anyway.
Old 02-10-2010, 20:03
Bored out of my mind

BSP's full setlist for anyone who is interested!

Lights Out
Remember Me
Canvey Island
Waving Flags
Great Skua
A Trip Out
SOSL
Carrion

(info nabbed off their forum!)
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 04-10-2010, 15:01
Knowlede Is Power

I thought it was a great gig. Nicky was oddly quiet and seemed a little out-of-sorts, but James was brilliant - joking with the crowd, leaping about in a way that a 40-something just shouldn't be able to... Hard to tell what the rest of the crowd thought as I was on the barrier directly in front of Nicky, next to "the girls"...funny how I know all their names and they never even recognise me, even though they've introduced themselves a dozen times and I've stood next to them at god knows how many gigs. Ho hum.

A few sound problems I thought - Nicky's mic and later his bass just dropped out at various points. Also my ears popped halfway through the second BSP song and I had tinnitus until Sunday afternoon. Ha!!!

Shame so many people are whinging about the setlists but understandable. I wouldn't mind if they swapped out a few of the regulars for more obscure album tracks. As just about the only Lifeblood fan on the planet, I'd love them to swap Empty Souls/1985 for To Repel Ghosts or I Live To Fall Asleep.

I love the irony of people complaining about hearing Sleepflower "again"... I remember during Past/Present/Future people were constantly screaming out "SLEEPFLOWER!!! SLEEPFLOWER!!!" and during one gig James tried playing the intro, screwed it up, and promised to play it on the next tour, then whenever they played it in 2007 people went insane... THAT'S RIGHT PEOPLE, YOU'RE COMPLAINING BECAUSE THE MANICS GAVE YOU WHAT YOU'D BEEN ASKING FOR!!!! Sheesh...

Regards,
Marwood.

Last edited by Marwood; 04-10-2010 at 15:08.
Old 04-10-2010, 15:07
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
BSP's full setlist for anyone who is interested!

Lights Out
Remember Me
Canvey Island
Waving Flags
Great Skua
A Trip Out
SOSL
Carrion

(info nabbed off their forum!)
Cheers for this. I was only vaguely familiar with them but thought they were brilliant, and this gives me a nice starting point to go check them out

Regards,
Marwood.