Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-09-2010, 17:51
Born to end

PFAYM special boxset screwed me

Ordered the rather expensive Special edition of Postcards from a young man and got it delivered today - MINUS THE FXXXING T-SHIRT MEANT TO COME WITH IT!!!! MOTHERFXXK!!!! Anyone else get shafted by this?
Old 20-09-2010, 18:00
Bored of being bored

Did you order direct from Sony as they were the only ones with t-shirts ?
Old 20-09-2010, 18:00
Doors slowly closing

Oh dear... did you order it from Townsend or Sony?
Old 20-09-2010, 18:20
An imitation of dignity

Gonna use this thread to voice my complain. I ordered the box with Sony, which charged ridiculously for shipping and handling to Mexico, and on top of that charged almost $90 usd for customs tax.

Today UPS tried to deliver the box but they want to charge another $90 of tax!!! Didn't pay, so didn't get the box. Already send an e-mail to Sony but no answer so far. UPS say they won't give me the box unless I pay
Old 20-09-2010, 18:22
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernovaStar View Post
Gonna use this thread to voice my complain. I ordered the box with Sony, which charged ridiculously for shipping and handling to Mexico, and on top of that charged almost $90 usd for customs tax.

Today UPS tried to deliver the box but they want to charge another $90 of tax!!! Didn't pay, so didn't get the box. Already send an e-mail to Sony but no answer so far. UPS say they won't give me the box unless I pay
Not sure that's Sony's fault, many postal services charge shipping tax on items over a certain amount and I'm guessing the box will be one of those items for many people.

Still, I guess Sony should have made international customers away of this possibility.
Old 20-09-2010, 18:25
Bored of being bored

Quote:

I would think if you've already paid the tax to Sony then you shouldn't have to pay it a second time. How did you get into the Manics in Mexico ?
Old 20-09-2010, 18:28
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post
Not sure that's Sony's fault, many postal services charge shipping tax on items over a certain amount and I'm guessing the box will be one of those items for many people.

Still, I guess Sony should have made international customers away of this possibility.

The thing is, I remember when I ordered it the "customs tax" was calculated until I selected Mexico as the destination. I assumed that would cover everything and, as you said, they should have said otherwise.

I'm gonna end paying over $400 usd for the box
Old 20-09-2010, 18:33
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
The thing is, I remember when I ordered it the "customs tax" was calculated until I selected Mexico as the destination. I assumed that would cover everything and, as you said, they should have said otherwise.

I'm gonna end paying over $400 usd for the box
If you refuse it, you should be entitled to a full refund from Sony. If you have something similar to the Distance Selling Regulations in the UK that is.
Old 20-09-2010, 18:40
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
I would think if you've already paid the tax to Sony then you shouldn't have to pay it a second time. How did you get into the Manics in Mexico ?
I thought that too but UPS don't think is enough

Oh I was a huge Beatles fan when I was a child, which somehow lead me to being an Oasis fan, then a Blur fan, then a British music fan. First read about the Manics probably in 1999 or 2000 browsing the internet, in some music forums and magazines. Downloaded Know Your Enemy off Napster which got me banned from there haha but it was enough, I was hooked.. Bought and read everything I could from them onwards. Nowadays KYE is my least favourite Manics album funnily enough.

Oh and they are not that unknown here, all the lead singles from their latest albums have received airplay here, even Nixon. You can expect to hear You Stole The Sun and Motorcycle Emptiness at least once a month in the radio and their Umbrella cover was a minor hit for a while here haha.
Old 20-09-2010, 18:42
Bored of being bored

I think I'd pay the tax to get the box then complain to Sony. I'd also send an email to the Manics management Hall Or Nothing as I'm sure they'd be able to send you something signed by the band once they hear your situation.
Old 20-09-2010, 18:43
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutecommunion View Post
Ordered the rather expensive Special edition of Postcards from a young man and got it delivered today - MINUS THE FXXXING T-SHIRT MEANT TO COME WITH IT!!!! MOTHERFXXK!!!! Anyone else get shafted by this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
Did you order direct from Sony as they were the only ones with t-shirts ?
Same with my order. I ordered from the link off the Manics-Site. The shirt is even listed on the receipt but wasn't included in the packet.
Old 20-09-2010, 19:07
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Girl View Post
Same with my order. I ordered from the link off the Manics-Site. The shirt is even listed on the receipt but wasn't included in the packet.
If the T-shirt is in the receipt then I think that if they don't send it to you then you can sue them.
Old 20-09-2010, 19:09
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeconvalescent View Post
If the T-shirt is in the receipt then I think that if they don't send it to you then you can sue them.
I wrote to customer service, we'll see what they say in their reply.
Old 20-09-2010, 19:31
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeconvalescent View Post
Well it wouldn't get to the small claims court as that's for stuff over £100 - I'm sure Sony and any solicitor would value the T-shirt as under a £100 in value. However, I'd write to Sony ASAP to get it sorted - they've fucked up, it's only good customer service to put the mistake right
Old 20-09-2010, 19:54
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Girl View Post
I remember reading it and it saying 'only first X orders get the t-shirt' or something like that (I was even more annoyed that they were charging that price when it didn't even guarantee a shirt.) So they haven't ripped you off, maybe they didn't make it clear enough but they certainly said it on the main order page. You're well within your rights to return it and get a refund anyway though, bad luck.