Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-03-2011, 23:00
Under neon loneliness

Nothing that rare, a lot of early vinyl but nothing pre-Heavenly. Expensive, probably the two signed Mitch Ikeda hardback w/ slipcase and print books. Got them on the original run and they were a colossal waste of money. Sentiment maybe my original THB CD, I'm now onto my 4th but that first one with all it's unbelievable scratching always puts a smile on my face.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:11
I am purity, they call me perverted

cost- Lipstick traces triple vinyl faux fur version.
rarity- 1st press New art riot vinyl, GT vinyl (US version) or Lipstick traces triple vinyl faux fur version.
sentiment- My 19 year old scrapbook, signed in 99 and now sealed up for posterity.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:38
I live to fall asleep

I don't have anything I spent a lot of money on, but I suppose my sentimental Manics item is Sean's drumstick. I know people always get them, but it was a fantastic night.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40
Bored of being bored

I have a signed copy of GSTM - mint.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:42
I live to fall asleep

Sentimental - Setlist from my first Manics gig at Nottingham Arena in 2004, and my original (now battered) copy of THB on CD - the purchase that changed everything.
Cost - Nothing really. Some early vinyl, signed JFPL and the FD photo book.
Rarity - The FD book. That's about it.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 09-03-2011, 10:42
Winterlover

cost: Haven't got anything that's cost me too much/worth that much.

rarity: I have a tour diary from July 2003, when Lindz & I travelled to Manchester, Ireland and Birmingham to see MSP. This, plus a home made JDB t-shirt were signed at the Birmingham signing. Gig ticket from Brixton Academy March 2001, signed by Nicky (first time I'd met any of the band). Signed setlist from the recent Hard Rock Cafe gig. Questionnaire completed by James for "Delirium On Helium". My photos from various MSP gigs.

sentiment: see above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:42
I live to fall asleep

Cost and rarity - nothing really. Mint Underdogs vinyl? Not that rare I don't suppose.

Sentiment - SATT vinyl, the first present my wife to be gave me.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:58
I live to fall asleep

Location: Alone in a godless universe and out of shake 'n vac
Cost/rarity - probably the FD picture book (I saw one going for 90 quid on ebay recently. I think mine was a fiver!) and my GT is the picture disc CD of which I think there was only a few hundred (might be wrong) but that doesn't have a sleeve so I doubt it's actually worth much.

Sentiment - the box of press cuttings/gig tickets/sparkly things I have amassed over my 13 years of fandom I suppose! That and my copy of the Holy Bible. Me and that CD have been through a lot together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
life is excellent if you just fuck each other whilst doing loads of coke.
Old 09-03-2011, 13:07
Freed from the century

Cost/rarity - got the signed gold FD book when it came out and I'm still fairly sure they never actually charged me for that at all! Also a fully signed You Love Us gatefold which cost me £45 in 1996 - but maybe not worth much more than that now?!

Sentimental - I was obsessed with the issue of Vox from 1996 I think it was, with them in white on the cover and all the old photos in it - I used to keep it open on my music stand in my bedroom so I could flick through the pages. Now it resides with all my other MSP crap in mum's loft!
Old 09-03-2011, 13:38
Doors slowly closing

Cost: Erm, I do have something of value (signed FD book) but I didn't spend the money, it was practically given to me by Sam. Does that count? Idk.
Rarity: Probably the same thing, apart from that the only Manics things I own are the albums on CDs and the FD DVD.
Sentiment: My Richey T shirt that got signed at Leeds Festival '08. Lovely stor behind it which involved James saying 'aah, that's my boy' and putting a little kiss on Richey's neck. One of the most exciting / worrying / life changing experiences of my life.