Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-03-2016, 12:22
Mr Msppedia

Together Stronger - Official Welsh Football Team Euro 2016 Anthem

Released 20th May!

Quote:
The Football Association of Wales is excited to announce that Manic Street Preachers will release an official Wales EURO 2016 song on 20 May 2016.

‘Together Stronger (C’mon Wales)’ celebrates past and present members of the squad and their appearance in a major tournament for the first time in over half a century. All profits from the song will go to the Princes Gate Trust (http://princesgatetrust.com) and Tenovus Cancer Care ( (http://tenovuscancercare.org.uk).

Wales are playing Northern Ireland (24 March) and Ukraine (28 March) in preparation for the EURO 2016 Finals in France this summer and Manic Street Preachers met up with Wales National Team Manager, Chris Coleman and members of the Wales squad at training to film an accompanying music video.

Tickets for the match between Wales and Northern Ireland at the Cardiff City Stadium on Thursday, 24 March can be purchased here: http://bit.ly/1PGvJQj. The game kicks off at 7.45pm.

Speaking about the collaboration with Manic Street Preachers, Chris Coleman said: “It was fantastic to be involved with such an iconic Welsh band.

“Manic Street Preachers have been passionate Welsh football supporters and all the lads enjoyed the experience and joined in. It is also great to be supporting such worthwhile causes in the Princes Gate Trust and Tenovus Cancer Care.”

‘Together Stronger (C’mon Wales)’ is being released at the same time as Manic Street Preacher’s 20th Anniversary re-issue of their hugely successful fourth album ‘Everything Must Go’.

The group have also announced a limited edition release for Record Store Day with a 12” version of ‘Design For Life’ in a copper mirrored sleeve on 16 April. They have also confirmed an appearance at the Eden Project in Cornwell in St. Austell on 9 July as part of the Eden Sessions

The re-issue of ‘Everything Must Go’ will come as a digital download, double cd and box set which over the formats will include vinyl, CD’s, DVD’s and a book. The band’s 21 song performance at the Nynex Arena in Manchester to over 20,000 people on 24 May 1997 has been fully restored will be available in full for the first time both on CD and DVD and long-time collaborator BAFTA Award-winning director Kieran Evans (Kelly & Victor) has shot a new film to accompany the album. This comes 20 years to the day of the albums’ original release and this year the band celebrate the 30th Anniversary of their formation in Blackwood, South Wales.

Although some songs from ‘Everything Must Go’ are still cornerstones of Manic Street Preachers gigs, several of the album tracks haven’t been played live since ’96 and they will be playing the record in full at the previously announced shows for the first time, which finish at a stadium show in Swansea on 28 May 2016, just prior to the start of EURO 2016 in Jun
Old 22-03-2016, 12:36
Winterlover

Prediction of the sound of it.
Old 22-03-2016, 13:11
Builder of routine

It's going to be glorious/shite I wish Ramsey and Bale had been there though.
Old 22-03-2016, 13:40
I live to fall asleep

It'll be a complete PFAYM Les Paul triple humbucker Dave Eringa all knobs to 10 complete nonsense lyrics with token strings to stir the sound of the Valleys bombast.

Prob be shite.
Old 22-03-2016, 14:11
Desire on its knees

I expect it will sound like Ghost of Christmas. Looking forward to it though. New Order got away with something similar back in the day.
Old 22-03-2016, 15:03
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Can't really summon up the dissapointment this brings to me. I'm
All for the band doing something for a laugh but this strikes me as something even the stereophonics wouldn't do artistically. The song could be absolutely brilliant but it'll be tacky.
Old 22-03-2016, 15:05
I am purity, they call me perverted

This is a joke, right? Richey would be proud. Why don't they just get Prince Charles in the video to really top it off.
Old 22-03-2016, 15:07
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Well you're going to have to get used to it, as it'll be in their setlists from this Summer... until the day you DIE!!!
I'm just gutted the front cover won't look like this:

Old 22-03-2016, 15:26
Bored out of my mind

Looking forward to hearing it guys!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 22-03-2016, 15:33
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanddivine View Post
Prediction of the sound of it.
If only!

Can't say I'm impressed with the title, it's not promising, inasmuch as a football anthem can be deemed "promising".
I doubt I'll prefer this to 3 Lions - or was it 4? (I only do mortal combat) Well, as long as they boys got autographs all round...

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 22-03-2016, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Tiger View Post
This is a joke, right? Richey would be proud. Why don't they just get Prince Charles in the video to really top it off.
Nothing's more pathetic than people using Richey against something the band does these days. I'm 99,9% sure you didn't know him, you've no idea what he thought (let alone would think today) and quite frankly who cares - Richey sure didn't as he fucked off the way he did.

I myself hate football passionately, but I'm still happy this is happening. It's clearly something the band wanted to do and I'm glad it worked out for them. I don't care that it will most likely be a very silly tune, if it serves it's purpose then it's all well and good. My world doesn't end if they release a song that's not to my taste, god knows they've done it before and I'm still here. I'm glad they're having fun anyway.
Old 22-03-2016, 15:44
Builder of routine

And with a title like that it can also be used again for the EU referendum!
Double result!
Old 22-03-2016, 15:53

I thought the exact same thing about the referendum. As for jenvidg, surely SOMETHING is more pathetic, and with that in mind go fuck your mother.
Old 22-03-2016, 15:59
Builder of routine

Although this does raise the prospect of David Cameron mentioning either the song title or even lyrics.
Although if it turns out to have someone else writing alongside Bradfield/Jones/Moore then SUBLIMINAL PSY-OP ALERT!!
Old 22-03-2016, 16:04
Builder of routine

Seriously, who gives a fuck what Richey would've though. Honestly! It's a bit of fun, lighten up ffs.