Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-09-2013, 07:25
Footprint of history

TBF I'm within cycling distance of Wales itself and I still don't have the CD, although that's more cos I've been too lazy to go to the record shop.
Old 19-09-2013, 07:33
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Architect View Post
TBF I'm within cycling distance of Wales itself and I still don't have the CD, although that's more cos I've been too lazy to go to the record shop.
That's a bit comforting...
Old 19-09-2013, 08:50
I live to fall asleep

Location: I live in Seoul (S. Korea), but I'm from Umag (Croatia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post

It sounds like they're unsure, they have the accusation of mass murder and verses that seem in contrast directionless and unsure.....although

The ending for this song
Well I haven't really thought of one
There's nothing I could ever say
That could really take the pain away

is a fair description of the sheer length of time it's taking to move towards any chance of some actual accountability being taken, of some arrests, of some justice and conclusions. Feels like they'll drag out the inquiry until anyone who could possibly face charges is dead or too ill to face a trial .... how does all this help the families....but anyway, more random thoughts
Are you guys and girls talking about SYMM? I always thought how stylish these lyrics are from an artistic point of view. They're also quite intriguing as well making the whole thing interesting and the listener to research about the topic.
Old 19-09-2013, 11:50
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar View Post
There's a CD race right now through Europe. None has got to Italy, Spain or Germany. I guess not to France either... Who will win?
ugh, you're serious? that's a fucking joke, I've paid as much as for the postage as for the cds. I could order it via ebay and be happy to have a copy but no, I care about Nicky caring about UK Charts. Fucking hell.
Old 19-09-2013, 15:07
Builder of routine

Futurology - Moore's Law...... Hmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_studies
Old 19-09-2013, 16:14
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
ugh, you're serious? that's a fucking joke, I've paid as much as for the postage as for the cds. I could order it via ebay and be happy to have a copy but no, I care about Nicky caring about UK Charts. Fucking hell.
don't need to tell me, my vinyls were 23 euros with postage!
and they took a whole life to get here, same now.
Old 19-09-2013, 16:27
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Oddly, the back of my 2cd says it's from Sony Music Entertainment Poland. I don't get it, what's happened, have the albums been pressed in Poland and all shipped along to a British warehouse? I know you're not in Poland now but it's still silly.
Old 20-09-2013, 00:13
Builder of routine

Quote:
don't need to tell me, my vinyls were 23 euros with postage!
and they took a whole life to get here, same now.
I know Mar!! I paid like 120 PLN for vinyls and cd AND 100 PLN more for postage. That makes me feel stupid and robbed. If the shipping were fast and let's say by Wednesday, I would be pleased. But 4 days after the premiere? And I got an email that they sent it 12th September (Thursday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Oddly, the back of my 2cd says it's from Sony Music Entertainment Poland. I don't get it, what's happened, have the albums been pressed in Poland and all shipped along to a British warehouse? I know you're not in Poland now but it's still silly.
Actually, Rich, I am in Poland. Does it say so? Fasctinating. You have a signed version? Or which one?
Old 20-09-2013, 07:14
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Yes, my vinyls came from there too!

Quote:
I know Mar!! I paid like 120 PLN for vinyls and cd AND 100 PLN more for postage. That makes me feel stupid and robbed. If the shipping were fast and let's say by Wednesday, I would be pleased. But 4 days after the premiere? And I got an email that they sent it 12th September (Thursday).
Yes, I got the email too the same day as you. And still waiting. I pre ordered the signed deluxe, otherwise it would have been better just to wait and buy it on any shop...
Old 20-09-2013, 10:46
Builder of routine

Quote:
Yes, I got the email too the same day as you. And still waiting. I pre ordered the signed deluxe, otherwise it would have been better just to wait and buy it on any shop...
here's a funny story. I've preordered signed JFPL. Before it came, I went shopping and when I noticed 1cd JFPL I couldn't resist and grabbed a copy. Of course signed JFPL came one day later.

I'd do that too again, but now I'm stuck in my tiny hometown where are NO music shops. Anyway, it's almost 1pm and there's no been any postman. And tomorrow's weekend. UGH :/
Old 20-09-2013, 11:56
Winterlover

We will have to wait until Monday Claudia. My RTF-dramageddon thoughts will be with you.
Old 20-09-2013, 17:27
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
here's a funny story. I've preordered signed JFPL. Before it came, I went shopping and when I noticed 1cd JFPL I couldn't resist and grabbed a copy. Of course signed JFPL came one day later.

I'd do that too again, but now I'm stuck in my tiny hometown where are NO music shops. Anyway, it's almost 1pm and there's no been any postman. And tomorrow's weekend. UGH :/
Quote:
We will have to wait until Monday Claudia. My RTF-dramageddon thoughts will be with you.
I'm really sorry for you two! Also, I didn't know that there is no mail delivery on Saturday in Poland and Spain, In GB and Germany Sunday is the only mail-free day. I got the same email as you two (dispatched on 12th) and mine must have arrived on Saturday. Not that that helps you!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 20-09-2013, 17:33
Winterlover

Well, we have mail some Saturdays but it's not usual, maybe only "special deliveries".
Old 20-09-2013, 18:24
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelorette View Post
I'm really sorry for you two! Also, I didn't know that there is no mail delivery on Saturday in Poland and Spain, In GB and Germany Sunday is the only mail-free day. I got the same email as you two (dispatched on 12th) and mine must have arrived on Saturday. Not that that helps you!
B, hope you enjoy your package tomorrow. It's worth waiting. It always is.

As on Monday I'm going to Poznań, where I study, I'll try to get regular cd, like in JFPL case. Desperate actions in desperate times.
Old 20-09-2013, 18:27
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
B, hope you enjoy your package tomorrow. It's worth waiting. It always is.

As on Monday I'm going to Poznań, where I study, I'll try to get regular cd, like in JFPL case. Desperate actions in desperate times.
And then you have one copy for general use with a nice little CD booklet and you can keep the book one for show! It makes perfect sense if you look at it!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar