Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 17-11-2017, 10:56
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
I'm ridiculously excited. I like the artwork. Title is a bit too cliche for my liking but whatever.

I just want big melodies and big guitars. Setlists with very little THB or EMG. White Les Paul and some riffs.

If you don't like the arena tour then will most definitely do a second winter leg or even 2019 leg.
I cringed when I first saw the title Know Your Enemy and yet absolutely love that album. I'm not getting the same worried feelings as SATT or PFAYM - I get the feeling RIF will be a good 'un.

(Was I the first to refer to it be abbreviation? Think I was!!)
Old 17-11-2017, 10:59
Freed from the century

Just realised that the Tennessee Williams quote they used was the one emblazoned on screen as the took to the stage at the Roundhouse Q Awards recently.
Old 17-11-2017, 10:59
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon Bonaparte View Post

The cover image is a colourised picture of an anctual Samurai, called The Last Samurai by Franz von Stillfried-Rate. Anyone who doesn’t like it is a cunt.

Old 17-11-2017, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl45 View Post
FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Old 17-11-2017, 11:02
An imitation of dignity

This is probably the best news I could have woken up to today, i’m ridiculously excited that there’s a Newcastle date!
Just pre-ordered the album, how do you get the ticket pre-sale? I’m worried I’ve skipped over some important information when ordering because I was excited.
Old 17-11-2017, 11:03

I didn't think Friday's off work could get any better. Red vinyl and deluxe cd pre-ordered. Now to decide what gig I'm going to until thy announce (at least one) Irish date.

Old 17-11-2017, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosteen View Post
This is probably the best news I could have woken up to today, i’m ridiculously excited that there’s a Newcastle date!
Just pre-ordered the album, how do you get the ticket pre-sale? I’m worried I’ve skipped over some important information when ordering because I was excited.
I assume they just email a link.

Old 17-11-2017, 11:05
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosteen View Post
I was initially thinking the same, but I think they will be sending it out to everyone who has bought AND is on the mailing list around 13:00 on Tuesday 21st, or maybe 09:00 the next day.

That's generally how we work.
Old 17-11-2017, 11:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

Any ideas what we are getting from the ‘super fan’ bundle? It looks like standard Black vinyl plus the ‘limited’ Red vinyl. Now, I don’t really want two copies of the same track listing on vinyl. If it’s studio recordings plus demos and B-Sides, that would be great!!! I’m sure these things get more and more expensive; but a nice way to record multiple album sales.
20/08/01- Conference Centre, Llandudno
18/08/02- Weston Park, Stafford
03/12/02- NEC, Birmingham
11/01/05- CIA, Cardiff
02/09/06- Gwyl Macs Festival, Carmarthan (NW)
26/05/09- Venue Cymru, Llandudno
18/05/11- Venue Cymru, LLandudno
17/12/11- O2 Arena, London
15/09/13- Festival Number 6, Portmeirion
10/12/14- Albert Hall, Manchester (THB Tour)
13/05/16- Echo Arena, Liverpool (EMG Tour)
Old 17-11-2017, 11:07
An imitation of dignity

Thanks for putting my mind at rest! I was genuinely worried i’d missed a code or something.
Old 17-11-2017, 11:09
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi A View Post
Just realised that the Tennessee Williams quote they used was the one emblazoned on screen as the took to the stage at the Roundhouse Q Awards recently.
Am I imagining it or did they flash up 'Resistance is Futile' on the screen at some point as well? I don't have a photo of it, but I'm convinced they did!
Old 17-11-2017, 11:11
A self-made vacuum

Queens of the stone age did the same pre-sale for their last album and tour so you a get code the morning after cut off, so don't panic
Old 17-11-2017, 11:16
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay View Post
Am I imagining it or did they flash up 'Resistance is Futile' on the screen at some point as well? I don't have a photo of it, but I'm convinced they did!
I don't remember that, but I may have missed it.

You may be suffering from a case of the Mandelea Effect, very apt for a LP whose theme sare "memory and loss - forgotten history - confused reality"
Old 17-11-2017, 11:23
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon Bonaparte View Post
' Anyone who doesn’t like it is a cunt.
Amen. What a great, great, great title and cover. The video had beautiful quotes, came off as very ambitious and the song snippets sounded a melodic but not (instantly at least) in a congested PFAYM kinda way. More airy. I'm always worried when they come up with album concepts that I don't like (Postcards From A Young Man, Send Away The Tigers, Journal For Plague Lovers -- I didn't like any of these titles, the last one slightly less but still. Ended up not liking the albums either). This... I like.

There is a great Žižek quote: "Resistance is defeat, democracy is the enemy" that comes to mind. Also "YOU PAINTED WITH FIRE ONLY THE ASHES NOW REMAIN". C'mon man, what manics fan doesn't like that?

Super excited. Very cool roll-out here. The first manics tour after Fast Present Future that I'd like to see. There hasn't been, for a very very long time, perhaps TIMTTMY a "big" manics single that I like. They're commercial and artistic sides have not met for me since then. I'm feeling they might now.
Old 17-11-2017, 11:28
Bored of being bored

I have to say, looking at some of the other Stillfried-Ratenicz pictures they must have been an influence on director Akira Kurosawa’s work, there are some that are very similar to shots in Throne Of Blood & Ran. See, already this morning I’ve been looking at these photographic works of art I hadn’t seen before. Grateful to have my horizons broadened, that’s what it’s all about.