Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-01-2015, 07:17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
How do you know? Are you from Toronto? Well I am so please don't try to school me on a venue I've been to on several occasions.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make before you two went all ridiculously literal was that not all of the venues are as small as was being implied.
I'm just not sure the need to contradict us. I can use google to find out the size of a venue without having to be from a city, after all. Most of the venues, even Toronto, are apparently a lot smaller than Wolves, what's the issue? The OP didn't even ask about Toronto.

Last edited by Takk; 22-01-2015 at 07:25.
Old 22-01-2015, 07:19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone have a list of the venues they were supposed to play in 1995?
There's some on msppedia

http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/msp...php?title=1995
Old 22-01-2015, 09:05
Winterlover

The Metro in Chicago should be familiar to any Smashing Pumpkins fans on here. It was where they did the first proper gig and farewell gig in 2000. Looks decent in the video footage I've seen.

Old 22-01-2015, 12:02
Freed from the century

I need a holiday this year, will wait and see what other dates put on. Only live once
Old 22-01-2015, 15:28
I am purity, they call me perverted

Boston presale info (apologies for cross-posting):

http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/01/22/...north-america/

Props to Takk!

Last edited by beautyfindsrefuge; 22-01-2015 at 15:53. Reason: Credit where credit is due
Old 22-01-2015, 15:50
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyfindsrefuge View Post
Boston presale info (apologies for cross-posting):

http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/01/22/...north-america/

Props to Manic Street Mania!
Great news for US fans - have to say that that info was originally from Takk/MSPKYE though. I get tired of their hard work not getting any cred.

Last edited by Finn; 22-01-2015 at 15:57. Reason: Accidentally, a word.
Old 22-01-2015, 15:54
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Great news for US fans - have to say that that info was originally from Takk, though. I get tired of his hard work not getting any cred.
My apologies! Thanks, Takk!
Old 22-01-2015, 16:03
Administrator

Thanks to James/MSPKYE this time .
Old 22-01-2015, 16:12
HBIC

Noted
Old 22-01-2015, 16:14
Administrator

I'd be in Boston like a shot if i was still in the US.
Old 22-01-2015, 16:45
Winterlover

I'd be well tempted if I could afford it. Seeing them in American playing to people who wait years, and then they get this!
Old 22-01-2015, 16:48
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
I'm just not sure the need to contradict us. I can use google to find out the size of a venue without having to be from a city, after all. Most of the venues, even Toronto, are apparently a lot smaller than Wolves, what's the issue? The OP didn't even ask about Toronto.
The point I was making (and I regret making it in the first place now) was that not all the venues were small which is why I brought up Toronto and NY so whether or not the OP mentioned Toronto is irrelevant. Unfortunately, you and Lament started focusing on the exact amount of "suggested" occupancy rather than focusing on the overall picture because you just have to be right. It's frustrating and you've managed to turn something potentially positive for me into a shit show. Thanks a lot!

As for someone giving props to John/Manic Street Mania, why shouldn't they? He's been spending a great deal of time over the past few days trying to get these gigs confirmed for people so why can't he be thanked for his efforts? Most people are appreciative of the work Takk/Tim and others within the fan community put into all things Manics related including maintaining this forum - no one has ever disputed this in the 8+ years I have been a member here - but other people outside this forum contribute a lot to the fandom as well and they deserve appreciation too.

Btw, this thread wasn't the first mention of the Chicago gig, it was on social media long before it popped up here.
Old 22-01-2015, 17:26
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
I'd be well tempted if I could afford it. Seeing them in American playing to people who wait years, and then they get this!
It's awesome. A southern date would be cool, for people down there this time round!
Old 22-01-2015, 17:37
Freed from the century

Hi all,

It's been a bit since I've checked in. I attended two of the London shows last month! Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone I literately flew in for the shows from NYC and flew back out! It was totally amazing! I got to see them where I actually bought the CD twenty years before!

Anyway, I just bought tickets for the Boston show. I'm sure NYC will be announced very soon. If anyone is attending NYC or any US dates (I'll probably go to a few) it would be great to meet up!

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 22-01-2015, 17:42
HBIC

I've got no intention of turning this into an argument, but I'm not apologising for pointing out a fact. MSM does a fine job - no dispute there - but I don't believe that Takk and MSPKYE do actually get the credit for all the work they put in. Also, I never claimed this thread was the first mention of US dates - indeed both Takk and MSPKYE have been covering it on twitter for days, as you pointed out.