Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 27-05-2019, 07:54
Bored of being bored

Would have liked to have seen the faces in the crowd drop when they played Sweet Child O'Mine. Although I'd rather they'd stick with It's So Easy as their GNR cover.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:51
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
First, the bad: Two more fights at this gig, both caused by people down the front getting fabulously offended at the thought that people jumping around and having fun (like you're meant to, y'know, when you're at the front, at a rock gig) might bump into them. If anyone reading this is of a similar mindset: stay further back if you treasure your personal space that much. Standing tickets sold out before the seated tickets at tonight's gig, so you've really no excuse. If someone does bump into you, if you could avoid lashing out at them, that'd be grand. Someone probably bumped them into you.

On that note, on the off-chance that the girl in the red t-shirt is reading, I hope you were able to stick around for the rest of the gig. That horrible little gremlin he was with left soon after he was removed. You would've been okay.
Sorry to hear that there was some trouble down the front. Thought in general the crowd was really pleasant night. On a couple of occasions when there were gaps forming I asked people if they would mind if I moved forward and everyone was lovely and polite. In complete contrast to Birmingham where I was pushed out of spite 😂
Old 27-05-2019, 10:13
Desire on its knees

Brilliant gig, and good to see them in a slightly smaller venue. Black Dog on My Shoulder sounded great live, especially the shift into the outro. No Surface All Feeling was also a highlight (has anyone mentioned that James is playing that intro riff again?)
Old 27-05-2019, 20:32
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
https://youtu.be/K_UMCVfZ7Qs Sweet Child O’Mine!!!

Having seen previous setlists, I was hoping for From Despair... JDB started saying they were going to play someone else’s song “just for fun” - I was expecting Umbrella.
We got THIS!!
That was a treat, I was expecting Umbrella as well and confidently declared so to everyone around

Cracking gig.
Old 28-05-2019, 12:10
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Apart from that, I honestly just about cried at points during the TIMTTMY set. Seeing James belt out the "grown up or backwards born / into eternity and black holes / floating around up here on my own" bit of Be Natural, for one part, it just got me.
I teared up too, it was just... I don't know. It hit me like a truck.

They honestly were in fantastic form!
Old 28-05-2019, 15:58
Knowlede Is Power

Recording of the gig is in the usual place
Old 28-05-2019, 21:28
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2 View Post
Recording of the gig is in the usual place
Top man.

Please do identify yourself at the next Edinburgh / Glasgow gig. I think the least I can do is buy you a pint or two.
Old 28-05-2019, 21:31
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Top man.

Please do identify yourself at the next Edinburgh / Glasgow gig. I think the least I can do is buy you a pint or two.
Will do!
Cheers
Old 12-06-2019, 19:38
I am purity, they call me perverted

Thank you for the recording! I have snagged it!
I also found this yesterday! I think from the twitter replies about the tour Edinburgh was the best gig. I picked a good one. Knobhead from London had the best time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=to8rT2STqTw