Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-06-2010, 19:10
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Agreed, it's not racist though.
damn, I knew it was lacking something...
Red, try again.

Old 08-06-2010, 20:52
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
Shame they leave out Cork actually. There's a ferry from Wales to there and they'd have no bother selling tickets.
Someone please tell the manics the ferry is operational again!

Anyway, there is plenty of cheap flights to Cork from all over the UK. The last time they played was in 98 for the truth tour. And before that i think it was during The Holy Bible tour. Not many big bands visit Cork on a regular basis when on tour. A lot of that is because of the people who own the bigger venues and how they run them. Whenever a band does, they nearly always fill the venue. SFA are pretty good for visiting Cork. On a slightly smaller level, BSP always come to Cork too.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.selfdestruct View Post
Someone please tell the manics the ferry is operational again!

Anyway, there is plenty of cheap flights to Cork from all over the UK. The last time they played was in 98 for the truth tour. And before that i think it was during The Holy Bible tour. Not many big bands visit Cork on a regular basis when on tour. A lot of that is because of the people who own the bigger venues and how they run them. Whenever a band does, they nearly always fill the venue. SFA are pretty good for visiting Cork. On a slightly smaller level, BSP always come to Cork too.
Indeed.

I've seen them twice in Cork. '94 in Henry's and '98 in the Opera House. Apparently they played here circa '91 in Nancy Spains. I don't know if I believe it or not.

As we've already said though, there's no venue for them seeing as the Opera House doesn't like rock bands in there.
Old 23-06-2010, 09:34
An imitation of dignity

If they don't announce a Belfast gig the wife will be so gutted. She couldn't get last year as she was heavily pregnant. I did of course do the decent thing and go without her
Old 24-06-2010, 11:30

Apparently, and I stress this is only a rumour, that they Manics were offered the headline slot at the Indiependence Festival here in Cork this summer. They or their management, allegedly, asked for €300,000.

I sincerely doubt that the figure in question is correct. Even €30,000 sounds like a very big guaranntee for the Manics to ask for.

A mate of mine is playing at said festival so I've asked him to check it out.
Old 26-06-2010, 06:08
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinster View Post
I did of course do the decent thing and go without her
Good man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-O View Post
Apparently, and I stress this is only a rumour, that they Manics were offered the headline slot at the Indiependence Festival here in Cork this summer. They or their management, allegedly, asked for €300,000.

I sincerely doubt that the figure in question is correct. Even €30,000 sounds like a very big guaranntee for the Manics to ask for.

A mate of mine is playing at said festival so I've asked him to check it out.
Well, no need to say how bloody amazing that would have been. At least indiependence are thinking big anyway. Might go yet as i want to see And So I Watch You From Afar.
Old 07-07-2010, 23:01

Personally i'd be very surprised if the Manics were actually offered Indiependence. I went last year and it was excellent but to be honest the Manics are probably a cut above what they can realistically attract right now althouh i don't doubt the organisers' ambitions.

And i wouldn't worry about the lack of Irish dates, the lads have never let us down before and i suspect we'll definitely get something before Xmas.
Old 07-07-2010, 23:16
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.selfdestruct View Post
Might go yet as i want to see And So I Watch You From Afar.
Decent band.
Old 14-07-2010, 14:06

Manics at Belsonic would be nice Ack well, I can dream...
Old 16-07-2010, 20:35

Quote:
Manics at Belsonic would be nice Ack well, I can dream...
i had that exact dream :O
Old 17-07-2010, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
i had that exact dream :O
Theres a few days in between Stereophonics and 2 Many DJ's that have noone playing yet. I bet the Manics play one of those dates whilst I'm on holiday
Old 30-07-2010, 23:18
daze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

None.
First post.Feeling somewhat nervous.Here goes.

They always announce an Irish gig.Seen them in The Ambasador in nov 07 for tigers and played the Olympia in 09 for JFPL.Brought 2 friends who never liked the Manics and they have plagued me ever since for their back catalogue.Of course,I duly obliged.

Oh and RED,your an ignorant bastard for that potato comment.

What you find humerous about the starvation and death of 1 million Irish people is beyond me.
Old 02-08-2010, 23:02
Doors slowly closing

I'm sure we'll get a couple of gigs. However, i fear they might just to a festival next summer instead. It is expensive for bands to be dragging all they're equipment and roadies etc over. They should play another couple of nights on top of the usual Dublin and Belfast gigs to really make it worth they're while coming over. Cork, Killarney or Galway maybe.

I didn't bother going to the ambassador gig. I was still raging over You're love alone.. The Olympia gig last year was good. The crowd really sucked though.
Old 02-08-2010, 23:06
Stretched out in the sun

Ambassador was OK. have to say though the highlight was meeting people, could have given the gig a miss. 5th time seeing them that year or something crazy. I was well fed up at that stage.
Old 02-08-2010, 23:52
Doors slowly closing

Are you heading cross channel to see them this time round? Or are you holding out for an Irish gig?