Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #811  
Old 02-01-2011, 20:50
Beat Poet's Avatar
Beat Poet Beat Poet is offline
Hold me she said, Love me to Death
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Age: 36
Posts: 2,974
Christ, I hope all their rehearsals aren't like that, talk about uninspired!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #812  
Old 02-01-2011, 21:00
The Gutless Wonder's Avatar
The Gutless Wonder The Gutless Wonder is offline
Bored out of my mind
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: World Headquarters of 'Team JDB' and CoJ
Posts: 42,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Poet View Post
Christ, I hope all their rehearsals aren't like that, talk about uninspired!
At least James was trying!
Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 02-01-2011, 21:02
Beat Poet's Avatar
Beat Poet Beat Poet is offline
Hold me she said, Love me to Death
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Age: 36
Posts: 2,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
At least James was trying!
Well he's the only "musician" in the band, he'd sit and play all night, I'm the same.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 02-01-2011, 21:04
The Gutless Wonder's Avatar
The Gutless Wonder The Gutless Wonder is offline
Bored out of my mind
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: World Headquarters of 'Team JDB' and CoJ
Posts: 42,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Poet View Post
Well he's the only "musician" in the band, he'd sit and play all night, I'm the same.
Well Sean is a musician as well. If he and James ganged up on Nicky they could out vote him! Where's your backbone Sean?
Reply With Quote
  #815  
Old 02-01-2011, 21:17
everlasting's Avatar
everlasting everlasting is offline
I live to fall asleep
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wakefield
Age: 37
Posts: 4,452
Imagine the quality footage that was filmed though for this film? There must be endless hours of stuff like this. To fans who love the band it's amazing to see, I could sit for hours and simply not take my eyes of the screen. It's so fun, exciting, interesting and fascinating to see footage like this and whatever else.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #816  
Old 02-01-2011, 22:05
hummingbird's Avatar
hummingbird hummingbird is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a quiet corner
Posts: 18,942
brilliant clip..thanks Elizabeth
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 02-01-2011, 22:24
Elizabeth M's Avatar
Elizabeth M Elizabeth M is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Closer To The Heart
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Imagine the quality footage that was filmed though for this film? There must be endless hours of stuff like this. To fans who love the band it's amazing to see, I could sit for hours and simply not take my eyes of the screen. It's so fun, exciting, interesting and fascinating to see footage like this and whatever else.
Actually, there aren't endless hours of it at all. We have about 45 hours' worth of footage from studio sessions, and most of it is them playing the same few songs over and over again, then listening back to the recordings, then repeating that process. It's very repetitive, and though certainly interesting in certain ways, like any creative process it is more work and less fun than the final product makes it seem.

We are currently combing through the footage finding fun scenes like these to put on our YouTube channel and for extras for the film's DVD release, so, eventually, everyone will get to see all the good stuff. We're glad you're enjoying it so far. Thanks for all the nice comments!
Reply With Quote
  #818  
Old 02-01-2011, 22:48
beautifuldistortion's Avatar
beautifuldistortion beautifuldistortion is offline
Knowlede Is Power
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dartford, Kent UK
Posts: 1,089
Ooooo
This is sounding positive
Currently combing through footage eh? AWESOME.
It really is impressive footage Elizabeth thanks once again for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 02-01-2011, 23:26
Valley_Girl's Avatar
Valley_Girl Valley_Girl is offline
Knowlede Is Power
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: not far from Valley
Posts: 1,331
Thank you, Elizabeth!!
Reply With Quote
  #820  
Old 02-01-2011, 23:27
kevoutus's Avatar
kevoutus kevoutus is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cumbria
Posts: 723
Ha ha. That was fun to watch!
__________________
Twitter
https://twitter.com/kevoutus
Reply With Quote
  #821  
Old 02-01-2011, 23:37
UEF's Avatar
UEF UEF is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,347
To provide sone balance, sone of rhe resistance to playing old stuff may come from the fact that they had 2 cameras shoved in their faces so didn't want to bungle sonething on tape. So they did Further Away, which was at least rehearsed for the EMG DVD 4 years ago
__________________
V2002 Move 2003 V2006 KoKo 2006 Culture Show 2007 Album Chart Show 2007 XFM 2007 V2007 Glastonbury 2007 Astoria 2007 London Brixton 2007 NME Awards 2008 NME Big Gig 2008 Forever Heavenly 2008 London Roundhouse 2009 London Forum 2009 Concert for Care 2009 XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 London Brixton Academy 2011 Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 Roundhouse 2011 O2 2011 London Rough Trade East 2012 London Shepherds Bush 2013 London Brixton 2014 Glastonbury 2014 London Rough Trade East 2014 London Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 London Roundhouse 2014 Cardiff Castle 2015 London On Blackheath 2015 London Royal Albert Hall 2016 Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 Wembley Arena 2018 London Shepherds Bush 2019 Glastonbury 2021... maybe? (36)
Reply With Quote
  #822  
Old 02-01-2011, 23:41
hummingbird's Avatar
hummingbird hummingbird is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a quiet corner
Posts: 18,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
To provide sone balance, sone of rhe resistance to playing old stuff may come from the fact that they had 2 cameras shoved in their faces so didn't want to bungle sonething on tape. So they did Further Away, which was at least rehearsed for the EMG DVD 4 years ago
good point sir
Reply With Quote
  #823  
Old 02-01-2011, 23:45
2004567 2004567 is offline
A self-made vacuum
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,323
Yes, I really hope it comes out! Have you planned a poster/cover yet? Would be cool to see!
Reply With Quote
  #824  
Old 02-01-2011, 23:48
Beat Poet's Avatar
Beat Poet Beat Poet is offline
Hold me she said, Love me to Death
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Age: 36
Posts: 2,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
To provide sone balance, sone of rhe resistance to playing old stuff may come from the fact that they had 2 cameras shoved in their faces so didn't want to bungle sonething on tape. So they did Further Away, which was at least rehearsed for the EMG DVD 4 years ago
So you're saying they picked Further Away (which they probably hadn't even listened to since 96) instead of a song they'd recently played on tour, because they didn't want to screw up on camera?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #825  
Old 02-01-2011, 23:52
everlasting's Avatar
everlasting everlasting is offline
I live to fall asleep
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wakefield
Age: 37
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth M View Post
Actually, there aren't endless hours of it at all. We have about 45 hours' worth of footage from studio sessions, and most of it is them playing the same few songs over and over again, then listening back to the recordings, then repeating that process. It's very repetitive, and though certainly interesting in certain ways, like any creative process it is more work and less fun than the final product makes it seem.

We are currently combing through the footage finding fun scenes like these to put on our YouTube channel and for extras for the film's DVD release, so, eventually, everyone will get to see all the good stuff. We're glad you're enjoying it so far. Thanks for all the nice comments!
Only 45 hours? Haha, I'd love to see every second of it, seriously. But it's great to hear you're willing to put up stuff you didn't use in the final film and willing to put it online for us to see. Like I keep saying, the outtake footage so far has been ace and so great it makes me sad it's not going to be in the final film but then I think "well, whatever IS in must be even better and more entertaining!"
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.