Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-10-2009, 23:24
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
the last show i tried to go to was cancelled after one of their mum's died ten years ago.
Same here. I was supposed to see them in D.C. in '99 but James' mom passed away, so, though I was upset, I couldn't blame them at all.

I am very glad that even though it was a 10 year wait that I did see them for the first time on this tour, though, because I think it was just about perfect.
Old 16-10-2009, 07:28
Bored out of my mind

You may possibly have had better shows now than you might have had back then!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 16-10-2009, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
You may possibly have had better shows now than you might have had back then!
Exactly! I have a lot of stuff on video from that era, and I have to say there's a lot more energy and full-on-ness with the shows now, partly because 'Journal' is just an amazing album, and I think partly because they were really just giving it their all in the U.S. this time... wouldn't have had that back in '99.
Old 16-10-2009, 12:49
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruisepristine View Post
Exactly! I have a lot of stuff on video from that era, and I have to say there's a lot more energy and full-on-ness with the shows now, partly because 'Journal' is just an amazing album, and I think partly because they were really just giving it their all in the U.S. this time... wouldn't have had that back in '99.
I had a fantastic time when I saw them on the 99 tour. It was my first manics gig so it would have been hard to dissapoint me. I got a kick out of seeing them in such a tiny venue considering how big they were in the UK at the time. The set on the latest American tour looks better anyway. I can't remember too much about the set on the 99 tour. It did feature alot of the truth album which as for as I'm concerned is their weakest album. They played Faster, so I went home happy.
Old 16-10-2009, 14:42
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruisepristine View Post
Same here. I was supposed to see them in D.C. in '99 but James' mom passed away, so, though I was upset, I couldn't blame them at all.

I am very glad that even though it was a 10 year wait that I did see them for the first time on this tour, though, because I think it was just about perfect.
Bruisepristine - Also missed that show in DC in 1999. I always regretted not taking the train or driving up to the bowery show. Esp. since I was resigned to the fact that I would always have to travel to the UK to see them live. Glad that I can put that behind me after this tour and the amazing shows.

Meeting Nicky and James was awesome. I was totally star struck and they were just the most amazing people. I could really sense that they cared for their fans (just James shaking my hand and asking for my name was enough ) and I can't wait for them to come back in two years (crossing fingers).

Also, all of the other fans that I met at some of the east coast shows were great. Such dedication! It was great to meet people (if only briefly) that drove from places like Kentucky and other far off places.
Old 17-10-2009, 03:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbadges View Post
Meeting Nicky and James was awesome. I was totally star struck and they were just the most amazing people. I could really sense that they cared for their fans (just James shaking my hand and asking for my name was enough ) and I can't wait for them to come back in two years (crossing fingers).

Also, all of the other fans that I met at some of the east coast shows were great. Such dedication! It was great to meet people (if only briefly) that drove from places like Kentucky and other far off places.
I agree with all of this! I think meeting/being amongst fellow fans was just as great as the gigs themselves.
Old 17-10-2009, 07:03
Bored out of my mind

Those of us in the UK who couldn't make it over there have thoroughly enjoyed reading about it all and seeing the clips of the gigs. Great stuff!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)