Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 17-08-2010, 18:16
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexkid View Post
It's an adrenalin rush! I like a challenge. It's pretty hardcore if it's a festival though. I remember doing it at Isle of Wight and I had to stop and take my inhaler halfway
I only managed about 3 steps before completely giving up in Portugal this year, and staggered the next 100 metres or so clutching my chest, yelling (well, the best I could due to the not-being-able-to-breathe thing) "I can't breathe! Go on without me!" at Hanna (or something equally melodramatic).

I look young in that clip. I'd kinda hoped that footage was lost forever - that was only my second Manics gig, first time queuing - I don't think I expected that I would still be doing the same thing, 5 years later!
Old 17-08-2010, 18:19
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola17 View Post
I only managed about 3 steps before completely giving up in Portugal this year, and staggered the next 100 metres or so clutching my chest, yelling (well, the best I could due to the not-being-able-to-breathe thing) "I can't breathe! Go on without me!" at Hanna (or something equally melodramatic).!
I know you actually couldn't breathe and therefore it's clearly not funny, but that 'Saving Private Ryan' moment still makes me laugh!

That and Belgium when me and Lauren, disoriented by sunstroke and dehydration, followed you to the wrong side of the stage, realised we were James fans and ran all the way back to the entrance to get to the other side...in high heels.
Old 17-08-2010, 18:40
Winterlover

Has that video been posted somewhere before or does the mallard feature in other videos too?

Ditta, for future reference:

Southampton: leopard print coat, pinstripe trouses, sequin trousers, silver makeup
Second Half: as above with hat

Derby: Leather trousers, leather jacket, sequin scarf, black eyeshadow
Second Half: Change the jacket for the pointless padded sleeveless thing add hat with tiara

Wolverhampton: Pinstripe trousers, biege jacket, first appearance for the fred perry sweatbands, goldybrown eyeshadow
Second half: Change the jacket to black leather, add scarf and hat with necklace round it

Swansea: Beige trousers, beige jacket, academic gown, brown eyeshadow, nice hair
Second half: Change the jacket for black manics t-shirt and brown tan leather zip up sleeveless thing with furry leopard print patches.

I can carry on if you want the whole tour? He would also frequently come out after with his first half jacket on over the second
Old 17-08-2010, 19:17
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Has that video been posted somewhere before or does the mallard feature in other videos too?

Southampton: leopard print coat, pinstripe trouses, sequin trousers, silver makeup

Second Half: Change the jacket for the pointless padded sleeveless thing add hat with tiara

Wolverhampton: Pinstripe trousers, biege jacket, first appearance for the fred perry sweatbands, goldybrown eyeshadow
Second half: Change the jacket to black leather, add scarf and hat with necklace round it

Swansea: Beige trousers, beige jacket, academic gown, brown eyeshadow, nice hair
Second half: Change the jacket for black manics t-shirt and brown tan leather zip up sleeveless thing with furry leopard print patches.

I can carry on if you want the whole tour? He would also frequently come out after with his first half jacket on over the second

jesus christ.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 17-08-2010, 20:00
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
There's your problem right there. You can't shake hands with a ginormous corporation - they don't have hands despite a corporation holding legal status as a person. Odd that the band or manage - who must be aware of the situation - won't pay the royalties regardless of you stubbornness to make it independently of them. You might as well release it "unofficially".

Isn't it ironic....
First: Regarding "handshake deal," we didn't just trust their word and fail to make attempts to get a deal signed. We had several meetings with different people in various interested departments at Sony in which we were assured that they wanted to see this film get made and released, and that they would accommodate our need to pay the rights out of the film's income. We were told that the various Sony interests would have to get together and work out terms of the deal amongst each other, then they would sign a deal with us before the film was ready for release. Given that we had the band on board and had already invested a great deal of money and time in the film, there wasn't much that we could do other than continue, and there was no reason to think that the rights holders would put obstacles in the way of releasing a film that would benefit their bottom line. We thought there was a possibility that instead of collecting money for the rights, they would either buy the film outright or trade the royalty payments for a share of the profits, however, we have not been made any such offers for the film.

Second: Your mention of our insistence on making the film independently of the band is factually incorrect. The terms of our original agreement with the band dictated that we would carry the sole responsibility for the finances of the film in exchange for their contributing access, materials and their personal royalties on music used. For them to pay for the rights, they would have to now become legal partners with us in the film venture, and there are many reasons that this is impractical for all parties. This has nothing to do with stubbornness, it is a legal and business matter.

Third: "Unofficial" release simply is not an option, as all interested parties are already fully aware of the film's production.

Last edited by Elizabeth M; 17-08-2010 at 20:03.
Old 17-08-2010, 20:18
Doors slowly closing

Is WibblyWobbly Productions going to survive this film, Elizabeth?

I'm sure none of us will complain if you put out a £95 DVD collectors edition with the soundtrack on c90 cassette (minus Underdogs). One of us is demanding it right this very post.
Old 17-08-2010, 20:34
Bored of being bored

So are Sony happy to let it die? It doesn't seem right right for many reasons.
Old 17-08-2010, 20:58
Winterlover

Quote:

haha! Amanda I miss you and Sam and everyone....why did Stay Beautiful have to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee?
Old 17-08-2010, 21:08
Builder of routine

Quote:

I love you Amanda! and yes, you can continue, please! (I'm gonna save this, it's a great help)
Old 17-08-2010, 21:11
I live to fall asleep

Sony are fucking idiots honestly.
No Manifesto in indepedant cinemas around album release date = free, effortless marketing.
Silly twats.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 17-08-2010, 21:33
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4REAL View Post
haha! Amanda I miss you and Sam and everyone....why did Stay Beautiful have to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee?
Hannah, we miss you too - are you coming on tour at all? We should all hang again like in the olden days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
I love you Amanda! and yes, you can continue, please! (I'm gonna save this, it's a great help)
Ok then... by 'popular' demand

Liverpool: Pinstripe trousers, leather jacket, blue eyeshadow, shades to start, comedy necklace, bad attitude
Second half: Swap the jacket for the leopard print flashers mac, change the comedy necklace for an even more hilarious but short lived poncho also hat

Bristol: Leather trousers, camo jacket with comedy bum flap, yellow eyeshadow, mini plaits
Second half: Swap the jacket for the beige one, add a pink feather boa and the return of the hat

Cambridge: beige trousers, camo jacket, yellow eyeshadow
Second half: Lose the jacket and add pink t shirt, tan leather/leopard thing from Swansea, scarf, and hat

Newcastle: Pinstripe trousers, leather jacket, sequin scarf (briefly), brown eyeshadow
Second half: Swap the jacket for the leopard

Edinburgh: Leather trousers, beige jacket, black eyeshadow
Second half: Lose the jacket and add khaki t shirt with blue sequin trim, aforementioned tan leather/leopard thing, sequin scarf.

Leeds: Pinstripe trousers, Navy Vivienne Westwood jacket with mustard interior buttoned right up, brown eyeshadow
Second half: Swap the jacket for the leopard tan one and khaki t-shirt (made by Welsh Sam and Bethan it possibly said Nicky Wire the Motherfucking Messiah though I may have imagined the swearing), Sequin scarf, hat, unpleasant sweatiness

London (18/4): Pinstripe trousers , Vinienne Westood jacket but with a couple of buttons undone and holded over, black eyeshadow, another ill advised necklace, double dogtags
Second half: Swap the top half to match Edinburgh

London (19/4): As the day before but without the necklace and swap the trousers for the black trousers with many zip
Second half: Pinstripe trousers, replace the top with a white kind of shiny top with weird sleeves and the sequin scarf. From the photo of him giving away his bass I can even tell you what underwear he had on should you wish, as obviously its not a proper manics tour unless you know what underwear Wire’s currently sporting.

James wore the blue t shirt some days and the brown t shirt other days.

Last edited by Amanda; 17-08-2010 at 23:23. Reason: I missed the hat in Liverpool, oh the shame
Old 17-08-2010, 22:56
Builder of routine

thanks once again. I'm going to work the 2005 out later this week.
Old 18-08-2010, 06:51
Winterlover

fucking hell
Old 18-08-2010, 19:41
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Is WibblyWobbly Productions going to survive this film, Elizabeth?

I'm sure none of us will complain if you put out a £95 DVD collectors edition with the soundtrack on c90 cassette (minus Underdogs). One of us is demanding it right this very post.
I certainly hope that we will!

As for the £95 collectors edition, would Betamax and 8-track do the job?
Old 18-08-2010, 20:43
Footprint of history

I can't imagine how frustrating must be, Elizabeth M, especially when people keep throwing hypotheticals at you. Sounds like you're putting your mitts right in - I hope it works out!