Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-09-2009, 15:56
I am purity, they call me perverted

See everyone in exactly one month!!!
Old 13-09-2009, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruisepristine View Post
I am boring, I just wear jeans and t-shirts, and will be doing just that for this show as well... I suppose I will represent the manics fashion for the past 13 years.
Same here
Old 14-09-2009, 16:35

Anyone know what the camera policy is at this place?
Old 14-09-2009, 23:19
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruisepristine View Post
Anyone know what the camera policy is at this place?
From the venue's website:
Quote:
Cameras and recording devices are not permitted.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 14-09-2009, 23:27
Desire on its knees

I wouldn't worry about having a camera confiscated. Many venues in the US indicate that they are banned but when your bag is checked they merely look in it and let you go in. I know for a fact that Webster Hall does not care (despite what they might say) and I'd be surprised if World Cafe did.
Old 14-09-2009, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatInTheHat View Post
I wouldn't worry about having a camera confiscated. Many venues in the US indicate that they are banned but when your bag is checked they merely look in it and let you go in. I know for a fact that Webster Hall does not care (despite what they might say) and I'd be surprised if World Cafe did.
The fillmore in SF says no cameras allowed unless the artist allows them. I wonder if this venue is the same. Touble is it is hard to get a live person at theses places.
Old 15-09-2009, 01:17
Desire on its knees

Most of the venues in Philly allow cameras now. Of course if the band says no cameras then that means no cameras. The usual now stateside is a camera is allowed as long as it does not have a detachable lens, so that means no fancy SLR's.

That said, a camera phone is still your safest bet.
Old 15-09-2009, 07:37
Doors slowly closing

A lot of venues in the UK say they don't permit cameras but I don't think I've ever had problems taking my digi in. Unless it's one of those big professional looking ones I don't think you should have a problem.

I was slightly worried about any age limit as I'm still legally underage in the US, but my friend who lives about three blocks from the venue said there's only a Over-21 section by the bar and that getting into the venue and by the stage is no problem. I'll probably check with someone at the venue earlier just to make sure.
Old 18-09-2009, 16:34
Logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting_Emptiness View Post
Is anyone from DC planning to go to the Philly show?
Jup, I'm driving out of Glover Park!

re: costuming

I may make a spray-paint stencil shirt (I'm thinking 'Aesthetic Debris'..?). Perhaps go Nicky Wire on everyone's ass and wear white jeans with a crucifix for a belt.
Old 23-09-2009, 16:57
Born to end

I'll be there!

I'm so excited, especially with the two setlists already posted, we're going to get a great show.

How early are some of ya guys arriving?
Old 23-09-2009, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanpsteckel View Post
I'll be there!

I'm so excited, especially with the two setlists already posted, we're going to get a great show.

How early are some of ya guys arriving?
I probably can't get there until around 5-5:30 as I'm taking the train up that day, have to check into the hotel, etc. I think my friend will be queuing up pretty early, though. I'm not quite as concerned about getting right up front as I used to be, as long as I have a good spot where I can see without interference, I'm good!

And you're right, the setlists have me salivating for our show - less than 2 weeks now!
Old 23-09-2009, 17:50

I think I'm going to arrive quite early, maybe around 3 or 3:30. I've never been in Philly and I'm driving so I want to make sure I don't get lost.

Does anyone know what the parking situation is like?
Old 23-09-2009, 19:56

I've never had a problem finding street parking in Philly, especially if you don't mind walking a few blocks.

I have to drive from Baltimore and I don't get out of work until 1, so I'll probably get there between 4 and 5. I'd ideally like to go out to dinner beforehand (I'm meeting a few old friends) but will there be a huge line going early? I do want to get a good spot, and I think I'd pick MSP over food which is saying a lot for me.
Old 24-09-2009, 04:10
Born to end

I'm not sure what time I'll be arriving. My sister might be joining me, so I'd have to leave closer to show time since she gets out of class nearer to that.

I'm debating whether or not I want to get in line early for a good spot or not. I think just being there is enough for me! Hell, I never thought I'd actually get to see the Manics ever!

And the sentimentalist in me is kind of hoping to run into an ex from years ago who got me into the Manics, i think it'd be great to run into her there.

But anyway, are people doing anything before hand like getting food/drinks?
Old 25-09-2009, 12:01

Has anyone been to this venue before? I've been to a lot of places in Philly, but I've never even heard of World Cafe Live.