Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: The worst of them....
Generation Terrorists 12 8.45%
Gold Against The Soul 10 7.04%
The Holy Bible 2 1.41%
Everything Must Go 3 2.11%
This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours 10 7.04%
Know Your Enemy 33 23.24%
Lifeblood 33 23.24%
Send Away the Tigers 27 19.01%
Journal For Plague Lovers 1 0.70%
Postcards From A Young Man 11 7.75%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-09-2010, 14:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Lifeblood - monotone - all the songs blend into one except for Richard Nixon which was a great rack. Songs such as "Cardiff Afterlife" and "Glasnost" are just pure tripe to be honest...
Old 27-09-2010, 05:33
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute solitude View Post
why the GATS hate - I'm one of it's fans
I don't know maybe it's because they read Everything and know that Lamacq doesn't like it

I'm surprised by SATT (positively), three years ago it looked like everyone (except me of course) is sleeping in bed with the album and now the passions are gone, I guess PFAYM love will fade the same way...
Old 27-09-2010, 06:31
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulstermanic View Post
Lifeblood - monotone - all the songs blend into one except for Richard Nixon which was a great rack. Songs such as "Cardiff Afterlife" and "Glasnost" are just pure tripe to be honest...
Strongly disagree!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 27-09-2010, 09:08
Winterlover

Know Your Enemy is criminally underrated, yes its a probably 3 or 4 songs too long but it has some real gems, i.e

Found That Soul (the last great manics song)
Intravenous Agnostic
Dead Martyrs
Baby Elian

all vastly superior to anything on any album (apart from JFPL) since
Old 27-09-2010, 09:49
Builder of routine

Any album with FTS, IA and Epicentre can't be bad.
Old 27-09-2010, 09:52

All the Lifeblood hate on here made me stick it on and remember what an amazing album it is, with the exception of always/never which is possibly one of the worse songs of theirs to make it onto an album. Voted for SATT, I loved it when it came out but a couple of years later, I have very little interest in hearing it again.

The weird thing is that some Manics albums like KYE and Truth oscillate between being my worse and my favourites. Depending on the mood I'm in, sometmes the last thing I want to hear is Be Natural, other times it's the best thing EVAAA.

JDB: "Yes you fucking do."
Old 27-09-2010, 17:33
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingsoul View Post
All the Lifeblood hate on here made me stick it on and remember what an amazing album it is, with the exception of always/never which is possibly one of the worse songs of theirs to make it onto an album. Voted for SATT, I loved it when it came out but a couple of years later, I have very little interest in hearing it again.

The weird thing is that some Manics albums like KYE and Truth oscillate between being my worse and my favourites. Depending on the mood I'm in, sometmes the last thing I want to hear is Be Natural, other times it's the best thing EVAAA.
I don't dislike any Manics album. So I had to go with the ones that took me longest to get into which were Truth and Lifeblood. And clearly Truth is a masterpiece (and would be in my top 5 Manics albums), so it had to be Lifeblood. Their worst album is probably Postcards as I've found it very easy to get into, so will probably lack depth & longevity.
Old 27-09-2010, 17:38

I don't dislike any of their albums either...I voted for GT because it's the one i've listened to the least...it just hasn't clicked with me yet.
Old 27-09-2010, 18:44
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingsoul View Post
I could sign the first sentence. I think there are lotta people here who had also an affair with SATT and it's over. I'm strongly convinced that PFAYM will go the same way.