Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-05-2014, 11:20
I am purity, they call me perverted

London Astoria Video

I bought the London Astoria video from a charity shop in Chester about 2-3 years ago for next to nothing.
I know that the video has been uploaded onto YouTube. Also features a bit of an Oasis gig (yay) and some Blur stuff (boo).
I was wondering how many of people also have the video.
How rare it is and maybe what prices it is worth
(JUST FOR INTEREST IT WILL NOT BE SOLD AS I ALWAYS ENJOY WATCHING IT!)
None on Ebay.
Old 21-05-2014, 09:02
I live to fall asleep

I've got a copy but not sure it's worth anything except to fans...Theres talk that the band, prob Nicky, has footage from the last night from the side of the stage but if that's true doubt we'd ever see it. I'd say just enjoy it. It's a great piece of Manics history.
Old 21-05-2014, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireobsessed View Post
I've got a copy but not sure it's worth anything except to fans...Theres talk that the band, prob Nicky, has footage from the last night from the side of the stage but if that's true doubt we'd ever see it. I'd say just enjoy it. It's a great piece of Manics history.
I would be interested to see that footage (if it does exist or is released!!) I especially enjoy Pennyroyal Tea. Does yours also have the random Oasis and Blur stuff?
Old 21-05-2014, 17:34
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by ( ) View Post
I would be interested to see that footage (if it does exist or is released!!) I especially enjoy Pennyroyal Tea. Does yours also have the random Oasis and Blur stuff?
The music video for 'Faster' is shot from the Astoria 94 so some (however much) footage was captured.
Old 21-05-2014, 17:56
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ( ) View Post
No just the Manics gig. I really enjoyed watching it. Last time was a while ago but still great to see. James is amazing throughout. And when you thik they were all suffereing from problems related to sound and even had nose bleeds as a result it's fantastic stuff really. Wish I'd been there.....was seriously skint at the time and had no money for gigs
Old 22-05-2014, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoutus View Post
The music video for 'Faster' is shot from the Astoria 94 so some (however much) footage was captured.
Just watched Faster video again, seen it a load of times and never realised!
Old 22-05-2014, 19:11
Doors slowly closing

I've had a vhs copy since 2001, it has the first two Astoria shows on. They are pretty good despite the quality, but they're on youtube now anyway. I really must get round to uploading all the other shows i have, forum 96 ones are very special and Singleton Park in 93 is amusing to watch. Also got Wembley in 2002 somewhere.