Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 12-10-2009, 01:28
Born to end

Smile

Thank you for posting that video! That was seriously one of the best moments of the night, the energy from the crowd was awesome! lovely and amazing!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:31
I am purity, they call me perverted

I love you guys too! And I am also 100% fucking certain of it!

MANICS MIDWESTERN SLUMBER PARTY!!!!!!!!!

I'll bring the Dr Pepper and pretzels!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:53
Born to end

You guys should have a slumber party in LA instead! It'll be warmer there...and I'll be there!

And then just move to LA! We'll take over the city of angeles with our glamorous manic ways!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:13
Bored of being bored

No, man. I already did one cross-state-line move. It sucks, and I don't wanna do it again!

(now, goes off to whine some more)
Old 15-10-2009, 06:25
Born to end

Started the process of uploading the show to megaupload

Everything before Motown junk sounds distorted due to being too close to the speaker. It's possible, if someone cared enough, they could maybe clean up the audio part of it with a lot of work. I can't myself so yeah.

I'll post the link as soon as it's done upload.
Old 15-10-2009, 13:28

Awesome! Thanks.
Old 15-10-2009, 14:25

I hope this doesn't get confusing. This is actually JDManic's wife posting in this message. I've been patiently waiting and waiting for my account to get validated so I can start posting, and he told me to go ahead and use his to post our photos, but he didn't tell me he was going to come out of lurking mode this morning! Hope I don't get him in trouble....

But um yeah, anyway. He's been a Manics fan for years, ever since he found one of their records at a local record store sometime in the early 90's. I've been a fan since we started dating in '03 and in his first email to me he wrote something about, "By the way, if you're looking for some new music, check out the Manic Street Preachers," and then he made me a copy of Forever Delayed and I was soon demanding he loan me his entire collection. Detroit was the first time either of us ever got to see them live. And honestly, and I've been to a number of shows in my day, it was the best concert experience of my life. A week later all we could still talk about was the show and the band.

I took a few (OK, over 100) photos throughout the night. Amateur quality, compared to some stuff I've seen posted, but if anyone's interested here's a link to them: http://manics.shutterfly.com/ You can also get to the video I shot of A Design For Life at that link. Our little digital camera wasn't made for taping concerts, so be forewarned that the sound's not the greatest. We were about 5 rows away from the stage, two rows behind the moshers (thanks for not pulling us into your pit! )

Yeah, I'm a little long-winded, but I have to share my two favorite moments of the night before I go. Moment #1, after the drum mic-ing problem with - I forget the song now - but James was apologizing for the technical difficulties. I shouted, "We still love you!" and he said back, "We love you too." Moment #2, meeting James after the show, I had just had my picture taken and before I walked off I asked if James would mind if I gave him a kiss on the cheek. I then remembered that I'm married and my husband was standing RIGHT THERE and turned to him to say, "Actually I should ask YOU if you mind," to which James laughed and said something along the lines of, "Of course he doesn't mind!" So I got to kiss James' cheek. Tee hee

OK, giving my husband back his account now.
Old 15-10-2009, 16:21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansan View Post
Started the process of uploading the show to megaupload

Everything before Motown junk sounds distorted due to being too close to the speaker. It's possible, if someone cared enough, they could maybe clean up the audio part of it with a lot of work. I can't myself so yeah.

I'll post the link as soon as it's done upload.
Board rules don't allow the posting of any links on the open forum. If you like when you are ready you can pm me about S and V.
Old 15-10-2009, 19:41
Winterlover

Great photos JDMANIC
Old 15-10-2009, 19:50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMANIC View Post
I hope this doesn't get confusing. This is actually JDManic's wife posting in this message. I've been patiently waiting and waiting for my account to get validated so I can start posting, and he told me to go ahead and use his to post our photos, but he didn't tell me he was going to come out of lurking mode this morning! Hope I don't get him in trouble....

But um yeah, anyway. He's been a Manics fan for years, ever since he found one of their records at a local record store sometime in the early 90's. I've been a fan since we started dating in '03 and in his first email to me he wrote something about, "By the way, if you're looking for some new music, check out the Manic Street Preachers," and then he made me a copy of Forever Delayed and I was soon demanding he loan me his entire collection. Detroit was the first time either of us ever got to see them live. And honestly, and I've been to a number of shows in my day, it was the best concert experience of my life. A week later all we could still talk about was the show and the band.

I took a few (OK, over 100) photos throughout the night. Amateur quality, compared to some stuff I've seen posted, but if anyone's interested here's a link to them: http://manics.shutterfly.com/ You can also get to the video I shot of A Design For Life at that link. Our little digital camera wasn't made for taping concerts, so be forewarned that the sound's not the greatest. We were about 5 rows away from the stage, two rows behind the moshers (thanks for not pulling us into your pit! )

Yeah, I'm a little long-winded, but I have to share my two favorite moments of the night before I go. Moment #1, after the drum mic-ing problem with - I forget the song now - but James was apologizing for the technical difficulties. I shouted, "We still love you!" and he said back, "We love you too." Moment #2, meeting James after the show, I had just had my picture taken and before I walked off I asked if James would mind if I gave him a kiss on the cheek. I then remembered that I'm married and my husband was standing RIGHT THERE and turned to him to say, "Actually I should ask YOU if you mind," to which James laughed and said something along the lines of, "Of course he doesn't mind!" So I got to kiss James' cheek. Tee hee

OK, giving my husband back his account now.
Hehe, sorry he's been delayed.
Old 16-10-2009, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Hehe, sorry he's been delayed.
This is JDManics' wife, now posting under my own account! Thanks, Takk, for letting me know what was going on with it.

Glad the photos are a hit!
Old 16-10-2009, 00:40
Administrator

Oops, sorry I misread the post before - didn't mean to call you a he!
Old 16-10-2009, 12:17

No offense taken, I've been called worse