Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-06-2009, 20:07
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimba View Post
I was there in my Yellow Spillers T Shirt.
I think I saw you.
Were you in the travelodge bar after the gig at some point?
Old 03-06-2009, 21:24
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by A boy called Rita View Post
I think the practicing of shouty pointy and barrier spots in the queue was the highlight of this gig.
That was just hilarious. We had all stand in's covered too
Old 03-06-2009, 21:30
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafetti View Post
After hearing the recording, Faster really was tame...
ya gotta go back to '94 to hear it raw..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp9nuq9IdMo
Old 03-06-2009, 22:32
Knowlede Is Power

That was a fantastic gig. Not sure which was the better out of that and saturday at camden, but i had a better view in wolves and was in the front jumpy section which is where I love to be. I was the girl in the purple top and grey combats looking very mondeo-fan-like, apart from the fact I was singing along to everything and went a bit mental when they did sorrow 16. Sorry to anyone I inadvertantly jumped on. I may have seen them 37 times now but it doesn't get old to me. Still love YSTS and motown junk (particularly with the stop in the name of love intro!) as well, they always get a great reaction.

Massive thanks to al for selling me the ticket. This gig may also have changed my opinion on wolves. The crowd were fantastic for a monday night and the band were on top form. Great stuff.

Oh, and there was a bloke stood next to me going totally mental during vsec which was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. Was that one of you lot?
Old 03-06-2009, 22:49
An imitation of dignity

I was there in brown trousers and a brown shirt over a red Motorcycle Emptiness shirt, in the middle a few rows back going mental / jumping on too many people's feet / being too small.
Such a good night!
Did all the people who missed their last train to Birmingham get home okay in the end?
Old 03-06-2009, 23:23
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Thanks Helen! You not doing any more gigs then? Aaaaaaaaaw!

I'll never stop seeing the boys tracey.Just sad it was my last gig of this tour.It's goes to fast that's the trouble.
Old 03-06-2009, 23:29
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
It was just pure chance that I overheard you mention the forum or I wouldn't have had the guts to ask you if you were a member of FD! Glad I plucked up the courage though!

I must of been feeling a bit brave on monday night.But I thought I'd chat to people around me while we were waiting for the band to come out.Glad I did now because everybody was nice and friendly.Made the time go a bit quicker which is always good.
Old 04-06-2009, 00:13
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intravenous_Agnostic View Post
I think I saw you.
Were you in the travelodge bar after the gig at some point?
Yeah with my mate.

I noticed a few people in the bar with Manics shirts on. Which one were you?
Old 04-06-2009, 00:21
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
Me and my friend next to me on the barrier had to spend the whole of La Tristesse and Tsunami trying to fight off the drunk fucking massive bloke behind us who decided he wanted to be on the barrier, and when he couldn't push us off proceeded to just hit us instead, effing and blinding how the same people were on the barrier every night and "it's not fucking fair!". How about turning up in the early hours to queue and then talk to us about fairness? Class act, seriously. Possibly the most vile person I have ever come across at a gig. He had a load of bracelets on, was with his annoying girlfriend, and had the cheek to ask for a photo of my setlist at the stage door after the gig. Fucking wanker.

That was my rant. On the bright side, James was wonderfully chatty after the show, gave out sweets and water from the tourbus, and Sean signed my setlist.
You know, not everyoneŽs able to turn up in the early hours and queue all day. People have work to go to, I hope this didnŽt come as a surprise to you? Honestly, if I was in the band, IŽd get totally bored of the same people on the barrier every fucking night.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:20
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_unfashionable View Post
You know, not everyoneŽs able to turn up in the early hours and queue all day. People have work to go to, I hope this didnŽt come as a surprise to you? Honestly, if I was in the band, IŽd get totally bored of the same people on the barrier every fucking night.
Annual leave? I've never had a boss dare to refuse me leave during a Manics tour!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:41
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Haha what? Are you serious? So the fact you had to be at work during the day gives you the right to pull the hair, punch, kick and scream "Fucking cunts! Fucking whores!" at the three girls in front of you who have queued for hours and are a lot smaller than you? That's your theory? I don't mind people who tap you on the shoulder and ask if there's any room, but this guy was utter scum and got very violent about it. The people at the front also all have jobs; we just use this wonderful newfangled thing called annual leave and holiday.

Just to add, James and Nicky didn't seem to mind us being at the front at all. Quite the contrary, James was brilliant to us every night and Nicky was all smiles.

Last edited by Mary Chain; 04-06-2009 at 07:34.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManicFoo View Post
I'll never stop seeing the boys tracey.Just sad it was my last gig of this tour.It's goes to fast that's the trouble.
Yay! We didn't have any problems from anyone did we Helen? No over zealous fanboys trying to push past! I'm with Hannah, people should have the courtesy to ask - not just try and bully or threaten their way to the front. Sorry you had to put up with that girls! I think I spotted you all pointing!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 04-06-2009, 07:36
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I have total respect for the fans who sit outside venues all day, everyday. Bless them, with their suitcases and sleeping bags! When I got to Llandudno, they had been there since 4.30 am, so with the amazing effort they go to, they deserve to be at the front. I'm absolutely certain that the band don't have a problem with this. Some of those fans have be given personalised gifts from the band to say thank you for all the support. So there.

I'm not able to follow tours around, partly due to finances, and as a teacher, I can't have time off from work in term time. I'm very grateful that I was able to do 3 dates on this tour and hope the next tour coincides with a half-term break.

As an aside, how do you early birds manage to look so bloody gorgeous and glamorous all the bloody time?! I was a mad hair and streaky make-up mess near to Lindz, Sam and Amanda at Wolves, and they looked beautiful. They didn't have a hair out of place. What's the secret?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:55
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalthea View Post
As an aside, how do you early birds manage to look so bloody gorgeous and glamorous all the bloody time?! I was a mad hair and streaky make-up mess near to Lindz, Sam and Amanda at Wolves, and they looked beautiful. They didn't have a hair out of place. What's the secret?
Aw, thanks. Seriously, wet-wipes, water, a stolen travelodge pillow and concealer were my weapons of survival for the whole tour. I probably saw you, what dates did you do apart from Wales?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:30
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalthea View Post

secretly concealed hairbrushes, hairspray, deodorant and a full kit of make-up smuggled past security. Re-application of said makeup at various intervals (after support, during Manics interval)

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"