Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-11-2010, 19:31
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
Cathal succeeded in finding the only place that wasn't packed on a Saturday night, and where the barmen are psychic. True story. Be nice to see everyone for more the fifteen minutes next time!
Too right, they had about 7 Ales there worth a try!
Old 04-11-2010, 19:37
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
Can I suggest a mahoosive meetup the night before the first one? Or if people aren't arriving the night before...after that.
Yes for defs. The night before sounds good also! Although I still haven't booked anything at all yet everything's a bit up in the air. So if I even go! 2 of my mates have said they might go to London that weekend, so I could share hotel with them, but that fucks up my airport as they'd be going from a different one, and if I did that one I'd go on a different day. If I'm going from my nearest one, I'll be there the night before instead due to the crap times. meaning more expense hotel wise. Or I could be staying at another mate's house (not the cunt from last time) who is going to the Friday gig with me. If that's the case I suggest Camden for drinks I dunno if I'd impose myself there 3 nights though as he lives with his brother and his girlfriend atm. This is confusing even writing this. Urgh organising!
Old 04-11-2010, 19:40
Stretched out in the sun

Don't think I can justify not going to the second night now, being a Saturday and not having to spend the early bit of the week in Bristol and Birmingham and all... Haven't got a ticket yet, I'll probably eBay it or stick a thread in ticket exchange nearer the time when I have ticket money.
Old 04-11-2010, 20:23
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Don't think I can justify not going to the second night now, being a Saturday and not having to spend the early bit of the week in Bristol and Birmingham and all... Haven't got a ticket yet, I'll probably eBay it or stick a thread in ticket exchange nearer the time when I have ticket money.
Indeed you've got no excuse! So get yourself a ticket ASAP so that we can all meet up again, and welcome other members
Old 04-11-2010, 21:19
Bored of being bored

Yay! go for it Rich!

And I'm all for a pub meeting after the gigs, unfortunately I'll arrive just a few hours before doors open on Fri. and leave on Sunday early afternoon....
Old 04-11-2010, 22:45
Born to end

Was meant to do Friday's Brixton as well as Leicester and Cambridge. In a sense, glad the dates have been rescheduled as I'm not sure I could have managed 3 gigs in 4 days, but naturally there are more hardcore members of this forum who would've made that amount in the same day. As such, I'm ticketed up and ready for January.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

Well hellooo Brixton! Friday's tickets are cleared, now I just need to find a standing ticket for Saturday as well.

I think the reason they chose to make it two dates was that more people should be able to go to the gigs, not that the people who go should go twice... oh well.

Hultsfred 1999 | Hultsfred 2001 | Truro 2007 | Hultsfred 2007 | London x2 2007 | Newport 2010 | London x2 2011 | Karlskoga 2011 | London 2011 | Copenhagen 2012 | Stockholm 2014 | Osaka 2015 | Copenhagen 2016 | New York 2022
Old 05-11-2010, 13:52
Builder of routine

Looking forward to this a lot then, meet up sounds good, a proper one at that. Good to see Helen's coming and hope Richey makes it!
Old 05-11-2010, 14:09
Doors slowly closing

The night before would be good for the ultimate FD meetup. The night after everyone might be a little wrecked? The Hole In The Wall pub outside Waterloo station was a grand spot, very central and spacious inside. But people in the know might be able to suggest somewhere better? Just keep it relatively central for us tourists.

Can we decide on which night it's on asap, as i need to confirm flights, hotels, day's off from work etc.
Old 11-11-2010, 17:39
Doors slowly closing

Bump Bump

Anymore thoughts on nights out? I must start booking hotels etc
Old 11-11-2010, 17:42
Doors slowly closing

Night before is good... Places, will get back to you, but there's always wicked places round South Bank for drinking.
Old 11-11-2010, 17:47
Winterlover

Yes me too, I've been pricing and I'm slumming it in a Travelodge I think, have to see if my mate's gonna go over for the run as well first. Either Southwark or Waterloo Travelodge I think. if not i might stay with my mate for one or two of the nights so could be up round the Camden neck of the woods. He lives with his brother and his gf so I'd rather not do that option but anyway. Aaargh need to book flights as well, fuck my life.

I hope everyone's closer together this time, makes planning drinkage much easier and less worrying about getting home alright.
Old 11-11-2010, 17:54
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundthatsoul View Post
Yes me too, I've been pricing and I'm slumming it in a Travelodge I think, have to see if my mate's gonna go over for the run as well first. Either Southwark or Waterloo Travelodge I think. if not i might stay with my mate for one or two of the nights so could be up round the Camden neck of the woods. He lives with his brother and his gf so I'd rather not do that option but anyway. Aaargh need to book flights as well, fuck my life.

I hope everyone's closer together this time, makes planning drinkage much easier and less worrying about getting home alright.
Surely it only costs 2p to get over here wih Bryanair?
Old 11-11-2010, 17:55
Doors slowly closing

The night before it is then. I have yet to start the search for hotels. Camden isn't too far from the centre of London so it shouldn't be too much trouble for you. I will probably stay somewhere near enough to Hyde Park again, if i can get somewhere cheapish.
Old 11-11-2010, 17:58
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
Surely it only costs 2p to get over here wih Bryanair?
Are ye wise? Cheapest flights I can find at the minute are 45 quid return. But I know they will have went up by the time I book them *head in hands*

Since Ryanair pulled out of Belfast City airport on 31 October, the days of 20 quid return flights to Britain are over for me They still go from Derry mind you but the flights are always dearer and there's only one a day