Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 07-11-2010, 14:25
Administrator

No, it's not important. Sometimes I like compartmentalisation.
Old 07-11-2010, 14:27
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post

And in this draw you have-

I'm the best in the World, if not the entire Universe.
Old 07-11-2010, 23:02
I am purity, they call me perverted

It's not important for me at all. To be honest it would be better if my future partner didn't like them, because if our relationship went downhill, it wouldn't ruin my obsession.
Old 07-11-2010, 23:39

My husband was the person that got me in to the manics. I think he regrets it a bit now as he often tells me i like them more than him ........
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39
Stretched out in the sun

No, not at all.

Of course I say this being engaged to a fellow FDer, but it just so happened that our music taste introduced us to each other, Manics have nothing to do with our relationship.
Besides, though we both like the band, my favourite albums are his least favourite and vice versa (we only agree on SATT and Postcards being shit), so that just causes more hassle really
Old 08-11-2010, 07:18
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Hence your fondness for cupboards.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:02

My ex-wife liked the manics....however since we are divorced and she's a bitter spitefull old bag I doubt she'll ever play them again! I'm trying to get my 8 yr old into them so he can annoy his mother even more..
On the other hand my partner isn't a massive Manics fan although I took her to the recent Norwich UEA gig which she really enjoyed.
Overall I don't care who likes them as long as I do is all that matters...
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01
I live to fall asleep

Location: Alone in a godless universe and out of shake 'n vac
My partner has that typical cynical Manics fan love/hate attitude towards them, which is fine because he'll happily listen to them/talk about them/go and see them as long as he can complain about it. I can deal with that.

My ex on the other hand not only actively disliked them, but he used to put on an appalling Welsh accent and do a mocking impression of Nicky talking about Richey, which I just found really annoying and a bit disrespectful. Fine. You don't like the band. You want to wind me up. But taking the piss out of someone for missing their dead friend? Too far. Plus he had never been to a gig in his entire life, I took him to one along with a friend of ours and he pretended to be ill and ruined it for the rest of us. He also didn't approve of music festivals, hid my Richey poster and my Star Wars DVDs and often asked me "why can't you just be normal?"

So to answer the question, going out with someone who actually gets them is wonderful. But I could deal with someone not being a Manics fan as long as they liked some sort of music and appreciated that I am obsessed and not going to change (!) and weren't just a boring bastard who tried to spoil everything I liked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
life is excellent if you just fuck each other whilst doing loads of coke.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:35
Doors slowly closing

My partner gets a bit frustrated when I do multiple dates, particularly as until recently we only got to spend weekends together. He likes some of their stuff, and did enjoy a gig I took him to once. I think I've put him off them with my obsessiveness He is really perplexed by queueing as well. I'm a firm believer in couples having some seperate interests though. I have art and MSP, he has making music, computers, gaming and various user groups for that. The main interest we share is walking/hillwalking which is a great thing to do as a couple (even though we argue about routes and grid references!) and our holidays are often centred around that. I think if there's once hobby you can both share which results in quality time together, be that MSP or something else, then other interests don't get in the way so much. THat's what I tell myself anyway!

I have been to Hell and back and let me tell you it was wonderful.

I'm building bonfires of my vanities and doubts to get warm
Just like everybody else
Old 08-11-2010, 10:45
Doors slowly closing

No. Not in the slightest.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:47
Doors slowly closing

I think to impose such a restriction would limit my choices more than I'd be willing to
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)