Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-04-2017, 11:03
I live to fall asleep

The vinyl made No.11 in the vinyl singles chart: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...singles-chart/
Old 29-04-2017, 11:10
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
Looks like its still in stock here, amongst others:

https://soulbrother.com/shop/your-lo...ough-rsd-2017/
Out of stock now, someone must have been quick.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:56
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
I think YLA is more limited than ADFL. They never stated how many were actually produced, it could be 10,000 for all we know. Sony might of saw how well it sold on the day and just pressed more for online sales, if you want to create some sort conspiracy theory.
YLA is at least numbered, though it doesn't state the total. I know mentioned 500 before, but I've seen a few on ebay numbered in the 6-8 hundreds so it maybe at least a 1000.
I read it was 1000 only but I've got 1459... Aye, you could make a million copies and call it limited edition... Would love to know how many pressings there are of everything Manics have released. Bet there's less pressings of stuff like the Lifeblood and original Forever Delayed LPs than the original Generation Terrorists and Holy Bible picture discs. Wonder how many pressings there are for the Holy Bible reissue picture discs compared to the original too, seems to be loads more of the reissues cropping up.. Right now Discogs lists 16 originals, 51 UK 20s and 24 US 20s...
Old 04-05-2017, 09:19
I live to fall asleep

Yeah, I was wondering last night about 'limited edition' stuff, it'd be really interesting and nice to know HOW MANY limited actually was, as like you say, they could make a million.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:56
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Yeah, I was wondering last night about 'limited edition' stuff, it'd be really interesting and nice to know HOW MANY limited actually was, as like you say, they could make a million.
Yeah, I'm a bit special like that cos I fucking love numbers.

Just picking numbers out of thin air now, but say the embossed This Is My Truth, for arguments sake lets say there's 10,000 of those. There have been over 5m sales of that album so we're talking 1 in 500 being a special limited whatever. I don't know how many copies Generation Terrorists sold, so dunno what we're talking proportionately for the picture discs..

I remember when Suede's A New Morning came out and I picked up their "limited edition" one, I swear that outnumbered the standard edition one.
Old 04-05-2017, 17:12
A self-made vacuum

I think they did specify the quantity for the THB reissue. it was something like 2,000 in the UK (US mix) and 3,000 in the US (Original Mix). I don't think they were numbered. I'm guessing it didn't that well in the US as I did see a copy for BIN for about £7.
Old 04-05-2017, 17:24
Builder of routine

I think if they're to be of any real value you have to have one numbered below a thousand .. below 500 even better. They do con people nowadays but people aren't buying physical product in the numbers of old
Old 04-05-2017, 19:58
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
I think they did specify the quantity for the THB reissue. it was something like 2,000 in the UK (US mix) and 3,000 in the US (Original Mix). I don't think they were numbered. I'm guessing it didn't that well in the US as I did see a copy for BIN for about £7.
That's weird, if owt I'd have expected the higher number available here to reflect the demand. Nah, I know neither are numbered. Still, stuff like the GT picture LP says 5000 on the sticker but no number..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
I think if they're to be of any real value you have to have one numbered below a thousand .. below 500 even better. They do con people nowadays but people aren't buying physical product in the numbers of old
Don't think there's a Manics release numbered under 5000..?
Old 04-05-2017, 20:05
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
That's weird, if owt I'd have expected the higher number available here to reflect the demand. Nah, I know neither are numbered. Still, stuff like the GT picture LP says 5000 on the sticker but no number..

Don't think there's a Manics release numbered under 5000..?
Worthless then