Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-04-2021, 16:44
Bored of being bored

Thanks LA ex - will take a look!
Old 09-05-2021, 09:21
Bored of being bored

Greetings once again! It's time for the JFPL tour on my blog, and my report of the one gig I went to on that tour is here!

I'm afraid to say this is more of a story of how ill I was at that particular time than of the gig itself, except to say that it was amazing. I do regret not being able to enjoy the JFPL era fully as the band were truly on fire.

My next Manics post will be O2 in 2011 and the bad news is I also have very little record of it, BUT the good news is that I have reasonably long reports of all my Manics gig from thereon in. So these posts should start becoming more interesting very soon! Many thanks for those who have carried on reading the blog despite my paltry records of some of these gigs
Old 30-05-2021, 08:55
Bored of being bored

Morning FD gang! It's time for the 2011 O2 show in my blog. As with my last post, it's more a tale of all the health issues I was having at the time - completely different ones than in 2009, just for fun! - than the gig itself. Things will get a lot more interesting once we get to my 2014 gigs, as I actually have decent reports in my diary about those!
Old 29-06-2021, 06:18
Bored of being bored

Good morning once again FD gang! As promised, here is my blog post about the Manics' Brixton show in April 2014, with a much more detailed report from my diary to go on than the last few. Most importantly, this is where I started to properly love the band again

I've also started dabbling with 'song/album for the day' posts, where I write about any tune or album that takes my fancy, and so have done this slightly silly little piece on "Dead Trees And Traffic Islands", if you'd like to take a look!
Old 30-06-2021, 16:48
Bored of being bored

As the fourth song that Manics fans would have heard after the Holy Bible, I do wonder how fans would have responded to Dead Trees and Traffic Islands when it first appeared!
Old 01-07-2021, 07:26
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
As the fourth song that Manics fans would have heard after the Holy Bible, I do wonder how fans would have responded to Dead Trees and Traffic Islands when it first appeared!
It was definitely a kind of song I would never have expected from the band up til that point. But I loved it, and still do!

Well, I have hit my blogging stride this week, and have just posted my next Manics gig, the Rough Trade East gig and signing for "Futurology". It was not my greatest Manics experience - I wasn't feeling very well, and then the boys proceeded to ignore me completely as I stood in front of them waiting for them to sign my CD. But hopefully makes for an entertaining read
Old 18-07-2021, 08:18
Bored of being bored

Good morning FD! Once again I find myself here on a Sunday morning with a new Manics post

I have finally made it out of the wilderness years on my blog, back into being fully obsessed with gigs and fully in love with the Manics! My post about the EMG anniversary show at the Royal Albert Hall I went to is now up. This is where my youthful love for the band was completely restored and I have as full and detailed a gig report as any gig from the 90s. I really enjoyed writing this post and I hope my joy at properly rediscovering my love for the Manics comes though
Old 18-07-2021, 11:01
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflower View Post
Good morning FD! Once again I find myself here on a Sunday morning with a new Manics post

I have finally made it out of the wilderness years on my blog, back into being fully obsessed with gigs and fully in love with the Manics! My post about the EMG anniversary show at the Royal Albert Hall I went to is now up. This is where my youthful love for the band was completely restored and I have as full and detailed a gig report as any gig from the 90s. I really enjoyed writing this post and I hope my joy at properly rediscovering my love for the Manics comes though
Thanks; I was there one of the nights with my departed pal Tony. Thanks for sharing
Old 19-07-2021, 06:55
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
Thanks; I was there one of the nights with my departed pal Tony. Thanks for sharing
Thanks taxexile - hope it brought back some good memories. It was a really magnificent night.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:45
Bored of being bored

I'm back with my latest Manics gig post - this time the Bristol Sounds gig of 2017. It's a fairly short post - I wasn't blown away by the gig but that was more to do with me than the Manics who were in great form. There's a little snippet of footage of Tolerate in the post as well.

I have just one more past Manics gig to write about now - the Roundhouse gig of 2017 - and then I will have a blog post for every single MSP gig I've been to. Bloody hell!

Oh - and just in case anyone missed it - here's my blog post about the recent Cardiff gigs
Old 29-11-2021, 09:35
Bored of being bored

Well gang, we have finally made it. Here is my very last blog post for a past MSP gig - as promised, the Roundhouse in October 2017. I'm glad to be ending my Manics series on such a brilliant gig! Includes a video snippet of Design and the huge shower of confetti that engulfed us at the end

This is, of course, not the end of my Manics blogging career! Tube strikes and new variants permitting, I'll be at my 42nd Manics gig on Friday, so that blog post should come up soon. And once I've finished writing about my past gigs (only one more to go, Ride in Nov 2017) I'll start focussing more on songs and albums and there'll be plenty of Maniccy stuff to write about!

Thanks all who have followed these blog posts - I've had some lovely feedback from the FD crew over the past few years and it's been great sharing these memories with you all

EDIT: Forgot to mention! I now have a page collating all my Manics writing here so you can find everything easily and in order!

Last edited by blackflower; 29-11-2021 at 09:38.