Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-02-2019, 22:58
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaiden View Post
In everything I've read or ever looked at I know it was always said that Richey was spotted at the hotel around 7am. I know on several occasions I have wondered ok, but by whom? Did he go to the front desk and check out? I don't believe I have seen this addressed? Who saw him? I could be wrong so just wondering if anyone knows more about that or could point me in the right direction...
I've read a few early sources that say he actually checked out at 7 am, but that info has long since been debunked. The author of A Version of Reason seems to have been given quite a bit of access to the police files concerning Richey's disappearance and the description he gives in the book about Richey leaving the hotel reads like he lifted it verbatim from a report. Apparently he was seen walking out of the elevator (lift) by the desk staff at approximately 7 am, he walked past the front desk, down three steps, out the front door and then turned left toward the car park. I think the team behind this new book are now questioning this sighting because of the 24 hour clock revelation. I get why they are questioning it, but if the police at the time received sighting confirmations from more than one witness, I think it's a safe bet he was there at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
Will try and post some more band stuff tomorrow. And some lolz! Because there are lolz, both of writing fail and actual Richey anecdote (how legit any of those are is varyingly up for debate, but). Like one of Richey’s old girlfriends saying Richey accused her of checking out Nicky’s, um, stuff when he rocked up to a double date wearing cycling shorts (WIRE.) and the girl being like ‘?!? not remotely interested in Nick’ but Richey insisting and storming off in a huff. Enjoyed that tale immensely. For reasons.
That's funny, but it's also a bit sad. Poor bugger!