Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 26-04-2015, 21:38
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie View Post
So yup, I'll be the lonely, tipsy bespectacled teenage girl in the leopard print coat with a Geordie accent...come say hi because I'm so friendly it's unbelievable. Like a happy labrador!!!
I'll be the short girl with a nose ring and purple hair (and very likely some form of military jacket), dragging a reluctant-looking, inappropriately-dressed girl behind me. I'm happy to be company for anyone on their own so keep an eye out

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards
Old 10-05-2015, 10:01

Anybody else going to the Cardiff gig on their own? Would be lovely to meet some FDers!
Old 14-05-2015, 09:39
Stretched out in the sun

I've only been to a few gigs on my own, only been to see Manics on my own once. That said, the Manics on my own was Glastonbury 2003 which I went to alone, bought a ticket of a mate who'd broke up with her ex who she was gonna go with but ended up not going. Had a great time anyway.

I do understand why people would be put off going to gigs alone, I understand how people will think it might look etc but eh fuck it, nobody's gonna be staring at you the whole time pointing and saying oh look at the one on their own. Never happened to me when I spent five days alone at Glastonbury anyway. Good company at a gig is great but going alone is definitely better than not going.

Last edited by sculptureofabloke; 14-05-2015 at 09:43.
Old 14-05-2015, 10:26
Administrator

Just glare at them if they do .
Old 14-05-2015, 16:36

Yup now looks like i'll be going alone to Cardiff, so happy to meet up. Thankfully i'm free the whole afternoon now so can make the most of the support acts
Old 15-05-2015, 00:05
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPSTICK TЯACES View Post
Yup now looks like i'll be going alone to Cardiff, so happy to meet up. Thankfully i'm free the whole afternoon now so can make the most of the support acts
I'm going alone too - actually doing a whole weekend of it as it was REALLY expensive to fly back to Ireland the Saturday so I figured I may as well be alone a whole weekend.

Anyway - long and short - I'm up for any meet ups that are happening.
Old 15-05-2015, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
I'm going alone too - actually doing a whole weekend of it as it was REALLY expensive to fly back to Ireland the Saturday so I figured I may as well be alone a whole weekend.

Anyway - long and short - I'm up for any meet ups that are happening.
I might end up staying in Cardiff as transport back home is not very frequent late at night. I also might have a car by then. So if both occur then I also might be up for a trip to Blackwood if that takes anyones fancy. It doesn't look to painful to get there on public transport tho - train to Newport and bus to Blackwood. The Preachers bar is pretty cool place to have a meet up I reckon. Maybe something to bear in mind if around for a whole weekend.

eta - there is also meant to be a tribute band on before the gig in a bar not far away afaik, so could be a good place to meet beforehand.

Last edited by LIPSTICK TЯACES; 15-05-2015 at 14:32.
Old 17-05-2015, 17:48
Born to end

Good evening all. It's been a while since I last went to a Manics gig and like some off you, I'm travelling solo. I'm travelling from Bath Spa station. So if anyone woukd like to meet for a few drinks beforr and after that would be great.
Old 17-05-2015, 17:49
Born to end

And I can even supply a military style jacket if anyone needs one.
Old 17-05-2015, 17:51
Born to end

Lipstick traces/ pineapple...that sounds like a brilliant adventure...Would you have any qualms if I joined in? X
Old 17-05-2015, 20:45

Quote:
The Preachers bar is pretty cool place to have a meet up I reckon. Maybe something to bear in mind if around for a whole weekend.
Preachers is a lovely place, very friendly staff and good cocktails! I don't know whether it makes any difference to you, but it tends to run an over-25s-only policy, just so you know

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards
Old 17-05-2015, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Endures View Post
Lipstick traces/ pineapple...that sounds like a brilliant adventure...Would you have any qualms if I joined in? X
Of course not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyBeyondLust View Post
Preachers is a lovely place, very friendly staff and good cocktails! I don't know whether it makes any difference to you, but it tends to run an over-25s-only policy, just so you know
No difference to me i'm afraid Thanks tho, didn't realise this- it's pretty harsh!
Old 17-05-2015, 22:00
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Endures View Post
As someone who is going it alone my philosophy is everything is open invitation and the more the merrier
Old 18-05-2015, 11:45
Stretched out in the sun

Even if I was going alone there are always people I recognise but don't know and seem to recognise me. I'm crap with the etiquette lark though, very English of me, don't know whether it's appropriate to go up to someone and say oh hiya, I saw you in Newport in 2013 or whatever. Similarly on here, I've been 99% sure I'd recognised people from the show yourself threads at gigs loads of times but the 1% doubt often takes over and when it doesn't I'll worry more about coming across as a stalker than observant.. Plus I've been a right embarrassing twat on here over the years anyway so that puts me off introducing too..
Old 18-05-2015, 13:06

Quote:

No difference to me i'm afraid Thanks tho, didn't realise this- it's pretty harsh!
Yeah, I'm not even sure why really. Makes no difference to me either, just!

- Richey Edwards