Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 31-05-2016, 09:03
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
I don't think people are begrudging those that just want to jump about a bit and enjoy the band. There's a huge difference between that and some of the overly aggressive, violent and generally rude behaviour I've heard some fans experienced at this gig. The Glasgow gig was nice and bouncy and I didn't mind people bumping into me, but the Leeds gig was overly aggressive and people on the barrier were getting hurt. There's no need for the latter.
That's it. + if you throw glasses full of beer in the air (several meters up) and you create a beer shower, or if boucing you pour your beer on the people around you, well, it's not nice at all.
I was the first one jumping and screaming, but I was careful not to bother anyone.
Old 31-05-2016, 09:34
Bored of being bored

Must be a sports/stadium thing. The crowd was much more pleasant at Cardiff Castle last year.
Old 31-05-2016, 11:29
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren--c View Post
I don't really get the complaints about people jumping around, are they meant to stand still all gig? We moved forward cause it was so still where we were but I thought there was a kind of understanding that it'll be livelier towards the front - an older couple next to us said "good girls, enjoy" as we moved, obviously understanding we were looking for a bit more movement. I dunno. Obviously there's jumping and there's alcohol-fuelled falling over though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Jumping around is fine ... it's just when people get overly aggressive constantly knocking into people because they've had too much to drink and not even watching the band anymore.. those types
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Troll View Post
This! That was my issue with the guys next to me, it wasn't the jumping up and down that bothered me (I did plenty of that myself), it was the constant pushing each other over and pushing each other into other people even though there was loads of space to jump about without knocking into other people.
I am a jumper myself, I mean how can you NOT jump during NSAF? and I am aware that sometimes you end up with the beer on your head/shirt/everywhere. I also know that front rows have a tendency to be most energetic.

But considering the way I am, I need to think of my safety first and the crowd was extremely difficult. There were moments where me and the friends around me were not able to move at all, we were all pushed hard. I could not fully enjoy the gig. RAH was also jumpy but we all had space to breath. Barriers were the safest, I can't imagine myself in the 2nd-3rd row. When the crowdsurfers came over, I simply dived in under the barriers to avoid being kicked in the face, like I once was. Last year on Blackheath I was in the 2nd row and the crowd was calmer, it was still open-air event. I agree it must be the stadium thing.

Once more great thanks to the security guy who was checking on me regularly.

Still it was fun to come and see the band enjoying themselves (plus Nicky's blue pants)

Last edited by Deets; 31-05-2016 at 11:33.
Old 31-05-2016, 15:18
Winterlover

Didn't really notice any issues around me bar two VIP arsewipes who came running in for one song, they soon disappeared.

Thought the band were on song again, that's now twice in a row, enjoyed the latter set more than I did on the THB tour last year though maybe it was the album that came before.

I'm English and generally and English fan but you can't help but chant the Hal Robson Kanuuuuu bit of that song.

As for that trumpet player, fuck me he was hot. Anyone notice Jurgen Klopp lookalike as the guitar Tech.
Old 02-06-2016, 17:15
I am purity, they call me perverted

What an amazing gig/overall experience! Loved every second. Also James walked past me when I was standing by the toilets which was surreal. I didn't even get composed enough to say hello.

Wish I was back there again now. Also welsh people are awesome. I didn't sing to the football song except shouted Scotland a few times �� but then found myself humming it for the rest of the weekend!!
Old 02-06-2016, 18:33
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren--c View Post
Gavin Fitzjohn was one of the highlights, wow wow wowww, can he be on every Manics tour please?

I had a great time, the atmosphere was fantastic and the gig was definitely worth the journey. Swansea was probably the friendliest town I've ever been to as well!
Glad you enjoyed yourself, and hope my 'touristy' info was of some use

Rob
Old 02-06-2016, 18:56
Winterlover

It was v helpful, thanks!
Old 04-06-2016, 16:08
Bored out of my mind

A few of my photos (although I didn't take too many during the second half due to not wanting to wreck my camera in the torrential rain!):

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 29-07-2017 at 14:15.
Old 04-06-2016, 17:11
Footprint of history

Nice, got any of the fit trumpet player
Old 04-06-2016, 17:57
Bored out of my mind

Thanks! Only this one, but because he was stood right in front of me, his face was obscured by his trumpet (so to speak)

Whilst Gavin is nice to look at, he's no Bradders so my focus and camera is still on him during gigs, sorry

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 29-07-2017 at 14:16.
Old 04-06-2016, 19:42
Footprint of history

That's fine thanks, the face may be obscured but the tight jeans more than enough make up for it
Old 02-07-2016, 16:53
Born to end

DVD of the SWANSEA gig ?

Was the Swansea gig Filmed or recorded ???

Either Official or Un - Official .

Does anyone Know ??

CHEERS

Keith.
Old 02-07-2016, 20:38
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by omsaps View Post
Was the Swansea gig Filmed or recorded ???

Either Official or Un - Official .

Does anyone Know ??

CHEERS

Keith.
It was certainly filmed. Don't know if it'll ever be released though. I hope so

There's this clip that was on BBC before the football https://youtu.be/OKIKPzLT1ko
Old 03-07-2016, 20:00
Born to end

Filmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post
It was certainly filmed. Don't know if it'll ever be released though. I hope so

There's this clip that was on BBC before the football https://youtu.be/OKIKPzLT1ko
I saw that , that's what made me think it was Filmed..........Christmas Release , Maybe !!!!!
Old 04-11-2016, 12:09
Freed from the century

In the lead up to this gig I did a brief blog for the website of some of the important events over the '96-'97 period.

Click HERE to give it a read.