Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-05-2015, 14:53
Administrator

I mean, that's always possible, but it's not like we don't know it's possible....it seems unlikely though right now.
Old 20-05-2015, 19:54
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by contagiousuntan View Post
Always the possibility you will not get new material. Sorry to be the sombre one in the room but this has not been mentioned by anyone. So just in case the unthinkable happens, treasure every song, video and memory of 'The most under rated rock band in our time'.
One day yes, but that day hasn't arrived yet. I still think that there is one album left in the band. Perhaps after that release they might go and do their own projects.

Nabokov on Don Quixote
Old 03-06-2015, 23:11
Freed from the century

After watching Nicky clearly in pain yesterday, and James regularly seeming to take something I assume was for his throat, I'm starting to hope they slow down a bit.

I love seeing them live, but I wouldn't want to see them run themselves into the ground just to please us fans.
Old 04-06-2015, 17:49

How about to tide things over until the next release of new songs, putting out a release of all the b-sides and off-album tracks, like a Lipstick Traces volume 2, but containing everything, so it would be more like volume 2 & 3 & 4...
Old 04-06-2015, 20:24
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
How about to tide things over until the next release of new songs, putting out a release of all the b-sides and off-album tracks, like a Lipstick Traces volume 2, but containing everything, so it would be more like volume 2 & 3 & 4...

Lipstick Traces Vol 2 would be good - loads of great b-sides since the last one plus rare stuff like Vision Blurred (even if everyone can download it all now).

The fact they're doing these heavy Holy Bible sets, and then bringing back Condemned to Rock and Roll of all things on top of that, bodes well for doing an album of 'big riffs', which Nicky mentioned again recently.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:43
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by roi View Post
The fact they're doing these heavy Holy Bible sets, and then bringing back Condemned to Rock and Roll of all things on top of that, bodes well for doing an album of 'big riffs', which Nicky mentioned again recently.
The band consider SATT to be their 'comeback' album, so presumably they consider its musical style to be the go-to template for a successful album.
Old 05-06-2015, 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatik View Post
The band consider SATT to be their 'comeback' album, so presumably they consider its musical style to be the go-to template for a successful album.
This makes me very, very sad.

But you are correct!