Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-02-2010, 22:54
A self-made vacuum

PUMA CLIDES!!!
Old 25-02-2010, 22:55
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandAndStare View Post
Nicky's "trademark Vans trainers" ?!
He almost always wears Puma, including in those photos - those people don't know what they're talking about!
Old 25-02-2010, 22:55
A self-made vacuum

look manda look i rember stuff sometimes

(some i get told stuff and have trouble remebering names of stuff but look it look i did remeber it just takems me alf an hour, or a week etc)
Old 25-02-2010, 23:25
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_buzz_baby View Post
look manda look i rember stuff sometimes

(some i get told stuff and have trouble remebering names of stuff but look it look i did remeber it just takems me alf an hour, or a week etc)
Good girl - its cos it was an if.... remember if puma clyde is your favourite trainer.

Though that GATS bandstand photo is Addidas - do you also remember the time we debated with him whether he had worn Addidas as he said he hadn't. Bonus prize if you can name the country the conversation took place in.

Equally wrong in the article is the suggestion he had a diamante heart stuck on his cheek - what we had were diamante hearts. he just had weird leaf stickers (and a star but only post accoustic)
Old 26-02-2010, 00:07
A self-made vacuum

Im going to guess spain but i dont know and i doubt im right and actually i rememberd cos you havee pink ones - i dont really remember the ifs (im a bad nicky fan -or possibly im only there for the queueing)well other than september but id rather not think about that
Old 26-02-2010, 11:22
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_buzz_baby View Post
Im going to guess spain but i dont know and i doubt im right and actually i rememberd cos you havee pink ones - i dont really remember the ifs (im a bad nicky fan -or possibly im only there for the queueing)well other than september but id rather not think about that
I dunno if I can remember all the ifs without checking - there was typewriters, long socks, stationary shops, the thick of it, bbc 4, fires, avoiding crowds, watership down (cos you never realised it was near your house), grandstand and quite a lot more - I'm better at the earlier ones.

As for trainers - not even the right year it was Finland. Cos do you remember going to Russia and there was the girl with the awesome legs poster which you took a photo of and we showed him in case he hadn't seen after Oulu. But it featured he's legs wearing addidas and he said he never had. It was the same day he failed to tell the difference between a precious and non-precious manics dog tags. Was probably those pink trousers they went to his head.

Also different sized feet and rusty badges!
Old 28-02-2010, 22:24
Doors slowly closing

The Intro before they came on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howl
Old 09-03-2010, 23:14
Knowlede Is Power

Wow, what a set.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:50

best gig ever - travelled op from London in me white jeans. Met John and Matt and others. All great people. Learnt that I should buy The Wire boxset - which I did and it is superb. Learnt that Limmy's adventure call is funny as hell - which it is. Also learnt that desperado beer makes you jump up and down heroically - which it does. I also forgot the words to Motown Junk as a result of said desperado beer. Shameful effort. Worth the flight and hotel and seatwave mark-up for the ticket. Great times! Shame I ended up in hospital on the Sunday after going to Brixton for the NME gig Saturday. Two gigs in two days at my age - No chance!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:02
Administrator

For a minute I thought you were talking about Nicky
Old 14-03-2010, 21:43
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Thanks for this link!

And I'm sure the homeless were delighted to read about that!
Do the homeless actually sell The Big Issue these days? Most of The Big Issue sellers I see thes days are elderly Eastern European ladies and if they are asylum seekers then they'll probably have a flat, even if it is in an undesirable location. Can't remember the last time I saw a good, old-fashioned Glaswegian junkie selling The Big Issue!
Old 16-03-2010, 04:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedenimman View Post
best gig ever - travelled op from London in me white jeans. Met John and Matt and others. All great people. Learnt that I should buy The Wire boxset - which I did and it is superb. Learnt that Limmy's adventure call is funny as hell - which it is. Also learnt that desperado beer makes you jump up and down heroically - which it does. I also forgot the words to Motown Junk as a result of said desperado beer. Shameful effort. Worth the flight and hotel and seatwave mark-up for the ticket. Great times! Shame I ended up in hospital on the Sunday after going to Brixton for the NME gig Saturday. Two gigs in two days at my age - No chance!!!!
HAHA, I'm so glad you took my advice on The Wire and Limmy's Adventure Call sketches, knew you wouldn't be disappointed. Shame about the hospital, tho.

And forgetting the words to Motown Junk and blaming it on the beer... tut tut tut!
Old 21-03-2010, 21:11
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by napnet86_ View Post
HAHA, I'm so glad you took my advice on The Wire and Limmy's Adventure Call sketches, knew you wouldn't be disappointed. Shame about the hospital, tho.

And forgetting the words to Motown Junk and blaming it on the beer... tut tut tut!
Haha. Greetings, traveller, my name is Falcon Hoof...