Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-02-2019, 21:29
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplague View Post
Of course it did!
It’s a very unfortunate combination that Rachel is desparate and broken from missing her brother(and now her parents too), and that she also doesn’t seem smart enough to decipher even that.

God I feel sad for her. Getting together with that psychopath SHR who’s likely igniting these sides a whole lot.
But this stupidity must stop.
This.

SHR will be fanning the flames of hatred. But Rachel shouldn't be given a free pass just because she is related.
Yes of course she deserves sympathy and she has had nothing but best wishes from everyone on this forum, but she has to take responsibility for her words.

I'm not going all in on her before I get accused of that. Just saying that maybe she isn't the person we thought she was. And I believe a lot of that will be down to her association with SHR.
Because she damn sure didn't come out with much before she began working with her.
OK a few comments on here that just seemed ridiculous at the time and were then anonymous to us.

So what actually is her problem? The Times review seems to agree that her criticism is sudden and alludes to them not looking hard enough and using lyrics (with permission).
If these are the reasons for her anger then she needs to calm down before potentially slandering the band.
It is a bit stupid to alienate the people he worked with a was clearly very close to at times.
Why the hell would they spend virtually their entire career since he has gone writing songs about him and talking about him non stop if they didn't care enough?! I'm sure if they had something to feel guilty about the last thing they would do is mention him at every gig and virtually every interview!

You can clearly see the anguish on Nicky's face when he talks about him.
Old 08-02-2019, 21:41
Knowlede Is Power

I want to point out one more glaring thing about all of this.
If he wanted to go missing and disappear then why did he leave so many clues that point to him doing so (in the authors opinions)?
Old 08-02-2019, 21:53
Winterlover

Spot on theplague and beautifuldistortion.

I think it’s blindingly clear that if he left any ‘clues’ behind, it was to purposely confuse matters and make him/answers harder to find. Everything about his disappearance is designed so that real and red herring clues are mostly impossible to seperate. It makes no sense because he didn’t want it to. It’s not a fucking whodunnit. He wasn’t leaving a trail of turned-over pages to lead everyone on a merry chase after him so he could applaud them at the end.

As has been said many a time, much as it’s horrendous for his family and friends, he clearly did/does not want to be found. This wasn’t cry for help - he’d had those. This was a final decision. Maybe one he could have been talked round from, had anyone known or had he been found? Who knows. But it doesn’t seem he wanted to keep that option open.

(I had forgotten how twitchy I get writing on forums then noticing I’ve made 54275 spelling/clarity errors and editing every post I ever make, which then makes me look real shifty. Promise I’m not editing to redact srs bznz, just stray words <_<; )

Last edited by sofarsideways; 08-02-2019 at 22:08.
Old 08-02-2019, 23:29
Winterlover

Maybe a bit more care about what's posted about Rachel?

I think SHR feels she's been given carte blanche and can say whatever she likes...we can judge her for that but not his sister. It's natural to feel angry

Moron Spastic Preachers...surely he included himself and he was taking the piss....putting himself/the band up there with the icons, he could be a bit Andy Warhol no? He wasn't an idiot and no not perfect but nothing suggests he'd use that language in any other context than a piss take no matter who it's aimed at

I have seen some of Kezia's posts and saw nothing but brief inoffensive posts...the post linked to is a collection of statements free from their context...but sure I do acknowledge that some things have been removed - hell a lot of SHR's allegations have been removed ...she didn't fucking learn from that...

Sorry, I know we're all united against the book and that's lovely if bizarre United in a way we've never been over a single album by the band, ha...but it's so frustrating if the book's bringing out a nastier side ......

It's nothing new neither ..... look at the fall out and bad feeling in the wake of Kurt's death and I remember a whole lot of bad feeling thrown at Jeff Buckley's mother in the wake of the release of Sketches....you'd think something so huge would draw people together but they rarely do and then some dolt like SHR walks in to it
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Old 09-02-2019, 00:51
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

It's nice interacting with some of you on Facebook!

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 09-02-2019, 00:58
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Maybe a bit more care about what's posted about Rachel?

I think SHR feels she's been given carte blanche and can say whatever she likes...we can judge her for that but not his sister. It's natural to feel angry

Moron Spastic Preachers...surely he included himself and he was taking the piss....putting himself/the band up there with the icons, he could be a bit Andy Warhol no? He wasn't an idiot and no not perfect but nothing suggests he'd use that language in any other context than a piss take no matter who it's aimed at

I have seen some of Kezia's posts and saw nothing but brief inoffensive posts...the post linked to is a collection of statements free from their context...but sure I do acknowledge that some things have been removed - hell a lot of SHR's allegations have been removed ...she didn't fucking learn from that...

Sorry, I know we're all united against the book and that's lovely if bizarre United in a way we've never been over a single album by the band, ha...but it's so frustrating if the book's bringing out a nastier side ......

It's nothing new neither ..... look at the fall out and bad feeling in the wake of Kurt's death and I remember a whole lot of bad feeling thrown at Jeff Buckley's mother in the wake of the release of Sketches....you'd think something so huge would draw people together but they rarely do and then some dolt like SHR walks in to it
While I'm happy this has ignited some FD resurgence, I'm dismayed by the speculation on the thought as actions of the Edwards fam. This is not our tragedy, let's not behave like SHR.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 09-02-2019, 06:17
Born to end

Why does the author need to use the name Richey "Manic"? Didn't most of his friend's just call him Rich or Richey? Richey "Manic" IMHO sort of dehumanizes him. He was Richey/Rich/Richard Edwards, end of story. As to these conspiracy theories, I'm not buying any of them. He's dead and will never come back. I accepted this a long time ago (in 1995). Ask yourself this, how is he entering into Israel without a passport?
Old 09-02-2019, 10:01
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
Why does the author need to use the name Richey "Manic"? Didn't most of his friend's just call him Rich or Richey? Richey "Manic" IMHO sort of dehumanizes him. He was Richey/Rich/Richard Edwards, end of story. As to these conspiracy theories, I'm not buying any of them. He's dead and will never come back. I accepted this a long time ago (in 1995). Ask yourself this, how is he entering into Israel without a passport?
He just picked up a fake one. It's easy apparently
Old 09-02-2019, 11:54
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
While I'm happy this has ignited some FD resurgence, I'm dismayed by the speculation on the thought as actions of the Edwards fam. This is not our tragedy, let's not behave like SHR.
I think everyone has been very restrained and tactful, all things considered - I’m genuinely impressed. I don’t see anyone attacking the Edwardses? This fandom has always protected them pretty much as fiercely as the band, but it can’t be denied that this shite is coming from a direction she is heavily implicated in... unfortunately
Old 09-02-2019, 12:04
Knowlede Is Power

Nobody had attacked the Edwards family at all.
I merely stated that Rachel should perhaps calm down a bit as she is clearly being goaded by SHR.
I have loads of sympathy for her. But blaming the band isn't going to achieve anything but bad feelings all around and that makes no sense to me! It's best to have friends not enemies.
This SHR woman should fade into obscurity when this book fails and hopefully then some bridges can be built.

I find it upsetting that she has pushed her agenda and I'm very glad she's being held accountable by everyone here.
Old 09-02-2019, 13:11
Banned

Quote:
As has been said, the blurb on the front cover is the publisher's doing and not the author.

But, quite frankly, the name on the cover is the absolute least of the book's problems. The whole thing sounds like an utter shit show.
Old 09-02-2019, 13:15
Born to end

Quote:
don't forget Richey James!
Old 09-02-2019, 15:35
Knowlede Is Power

i was not interviewed for this book i know what happened. he had vultures.
Old 09-02-2019, 15:38
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
He just picked up a fake one. It's easy apparently

And it's just one of the reasons why I think this Israel theory is BS.
I'm curious if the author really claims that Richey went there with a fake passport and stayed there, bacause that would be implying he committed a crime (a forged document) and that he's an illegal immigrant.
Or am I missing something?

Last edited by usagainstyou; 09-02-2019 at 15:49.
Old 09-02-2019, 15:52
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagainstyou View Post
And it's just one of the reasons why I think this Israel theory is BS.
I'm curious if the author really claims that Richey went there with a fake passport and stayed there, bacause that would be implying he committed a crime (a forged document) and that he's an illigal immigrant.
Or am I missing something?
I don't believe a word of it. It's possible he declared the one he left behind as lost ..bought an airline ticket and went to a passport office to apply for an emergency passport but Jesus why bother?? Israel for obvious reasons must have very tight security at its airport ...even back then..you don't just rock up with crap ID or travel on someone else's passport. He would've been taking a huge risk.