Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-10-2013, 12:22
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
How do you know he hasn't been in touch with his family or the band? It's not like they'd tell anyone if he has.
Would they constantly be writing songs about how he hasn't and talking about it in every interview if he had? Would his family perpetuate a missing person investigation after he's been declared legally dead? Seems unlikely.

As you say, none of us know... so what makes you doubt what the band and family have said, and their actions?
Old 29-10-2013, 12:24
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
But you're not him. You can't speak for everyone in a similar situation to yourself.
I'm not attempting to speak for him, doesn't mean I can't comment on though. It's something I feel very strongly about as both an MSP fan for many, many years and someone who has walked away from their life in the past. Doesn't mean I know what happened, or why, just means I have something to say, relevant or not.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:28
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
I don't think Rachel does fake it. If she's thinking about the years they didn't know, she'd get upset.

All everybody's doing in this thread is guessing at what happened. Nobody knows anything. I said he might've been in touch with someone. I don't know if he has and I'm not arrogant enough to believe that what I say is how it is.

Nobody knows.

That reddit post sounds a bunch of wank though.
They wouldn't declare him dead if he'd got in contact and they knew he was still alive unless you think they lied about that which would be very odd. And as tzb said, they still talk and write songs about the fact he's missing and they don't know where he is and Rachel still does interviews about having a missing relative which would be very odd to do if they knew where he was or at least knew he was alive. If they were going to keep it quiet that they'd heard from him, they'd keep it completely quiet and not blatantly lie about it.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 29-10-2013, 12:30
Doors slowly closing

I highly doubt the band or his family know where he is, I don't buy that they've all been working on this deception for well over a decade, whilst publically acting as if they don't know his whereabouts. I don't see how that would be in anyone involved's interests.

Obviously nobody here knows, but that's why the conspiracy theories and supposed sightings keep coming.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:32

Which songs by the band say directly that they don't know where he is? They say they miss him and they want to see him again, but...

The missing person case is closed. That was the family's decision when they opted to have Richey's legal status "presumed dead".

I'm not doubting what the band/family have said, I'm just thinking what if.

I'm out of here anyway. Any what-happened-to-Richey debate is a vicious circle.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:37

Quote:
Which songs by the band say directly that they don't know where he is? They say they miss him and they want to see him again, but...
" it would be good if you were around, if you just turned up one day. "

Nicky Wire on "As Holy as the Soil" -
http://thequietus.com/articles/13264...y-track-review

That says to me that he hasn't turned up. I think Wire might be near the top of his list of people to speak to if he did turn up.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:41

Back to respond:
That could be interpreted as they know where he is, but physically they haven't met and he'd love him to turn up at his door (or wherever) one day to change the world or whatever Wire wants them to do IN THE FLESH.

Maybe they had a message from him once, but then that was it and he fucked off out of their lives again.

Ok, out.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:45

Agh. You edited.

The Wire thing. My best friends from 20+ years ago are now no more than people I occasionally swap pleasantries with on facebook. They're like strangers after two decades of us going off and leading different lives.

To make things easier for everyone here, forget I have an inquisitive mind of my own and I'll say that YOU'RE RIGHT. He hasn't been in touch with anyone, it's a total mystery, oh god what happened to Richey.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:56

What's with all the anger?
Old 29-10-2013, 13:44
Winterlover

Quote:
Agh. You edited.

The Wire thing. My best friends from 20+ years ago are now no more than people I occasionally swap pleasantries with on facebook. They're like strangers after two decades of us going off and leading different lives.

To make things easier for everyone here, forget I have an inquisitive mind of my own and I'll say that YOU'RE RIGHT. He hasn't been in touch with anyone, it's a total mystery, oh god what happened to Richey.
I like you. Stick around!
Old 29-10-2013, 14:27
Administrator

Quote:
Agh. You edited.

I dunno, I figure it's pretty offensive to assume they do know and are lying, based on no evidence. Granted we don't know either way, but it seems to me the fairer approach is to assume they are telling the truth.
Old 29-10-2013, 16:45
Doors slowly closing

Richey lives in my house.

You can't prove he doesn't... point is nobody knows what happened to him and if he is living another life then that's been his life for 18 years now. For anyone to suggest the band know where he is, well that's just really stupid.
Old 29-10-2013, 17:46
A self-made vacuum

Every so often people come out of nowhere with a theory about Richey and when everyone else basically says 'that really doesn't make sense, it's incredibly unlikely', they get very upset and go 'it's my own personal belief, stop telling me what to think'. It's not our fault if it doesn't make sense

This happened when we didn't believe that person pretending to be Rachel was actually Rachel and it happened when we didn't believe that it was Richey doing the backing vocals on JFPL, people got really offended that we weren't letting them have their own opinions when really it was just that none of us thought it made sense because it didn't make sense.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 29-10-2013, 18:18

^ I love you.
Old 29-10-2013, 18:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
assume they are telling the truth.
Assume nothing. Question everything. (Not off a t shirt).

That kind of talk is dangerous.