Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-08-2011, 15:52
Mr Msppedia

Look at all those Script fans go wild for Motorcycle Emptiness....

Christ they censored 'political shit' with the Big Brother tweety birds
Old 21-08-2011, 16:09
Knowlede Is Power

wayne is looking very attractive in those sunglasses
Old 21-08-2011, 16:17
Doors slowly closing

Things were picking up a little with You Love Us and If You Tolerate This and then they go and spoil it all with Autumnshite. You can't blame the crowd for everything...
Old 21-08-2011, 16:25
Knowlede Is Power

Is the crowd behaving? I don't want them getting bottled! Though you know if someone flung something at Nicky, we'd get a very hilarious outburst like last time heh.
Old 21-08-2011, 16:26
Mr Msppedia

1. Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
2. Motorcycle Emptiness
3. (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love
4. You Stole The Sun From My Heart
5. Some Kind Of Nothingness
6. You Shook Me All Night Long into You Love Us
7. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
8. Autumnsong
9. Postcards From A Young Man
10. Motown Junk
11. A Design For Life

Sounded good, just not their audience anymore
Old 21-08-2011, 16:32
Freed from the century

enjoyable, but as said above, it just isn't their crowd anymore.
Old 21-08-2011, 16:35
Knowlede Is Power

not surprising considering they played between the script and scouting for girls, would have been much better at reading / leeds
Old 21-08-2011, 16:37
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
Sounded good, just not their audience anymore
That was the unfortunate thing. For once a broadcast managed to get the sound levels spot on and there was barely any of JDB's half-hearted falsetto bar You Stole The Sun. The appearance of the sun, too, was a rarity for them. But the crowd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0drnmoonlight
Is the crowd behaving?
Oh, they 'behaved'. You weren't going to get any bottles thrown from that lot. And fair play to the pocket of a dozen or so who managed to mosh, not particularly appropriately, to Tolerate. Bottom line, it wasn't really any worse than T in the Park, but it was a horribly humbling end to their mass communication campaign. A bottling might have been better...
Old 21-08-2011, 18:02
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Thankyou nic, for letting me know about this live feed. James was looking and sounding wonderful as usual! It looked hot there but the set was really short, did they show the whole lot? Where was James's solo, he usually does at least one song. Roll on November, when, hopefully, they do their own little tour

Old 22-08-2011, 10:07
Doors slowly closing

The Guardian described their performance as "rollicking"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011...rihanna-eminem
Old 22-08-2011, 10:31
Winterlover

There was a few bottles but not much and throwing bottles seems to be what the kids do for fun these days anyway as it was going on during the headline acts too.

I'd say that Stafford was the more receptive of the two - at one point I looked down the barrier and there were people clapping along and looking not wholly unlike they might be having an ok ish time.

Chelmsford was painful though, I'd say worse than T in the park. Your Love Alone was well received and ppl sang along but other than that they just didn't know any of the songs and (you looked at the front row and they were probably 16-18 and no matter how many copies tolerate sold I doubt it really impacted on the 3-5 year olds market). And you always know things aren't going well when the biggest cheer you get is in response to 'this is our last song'.

You sort of want to feel sorry for them as you can't get a lot of satisfaction out of playing to a crowd like that, but then again they got themselves into that position the minute they agreed to play and pocketed the fee. I think every time I go to V its gotten worse though - to the level its kinda more like an extended t4 on the beach or something now then a festival, theres still some decent acts there but it definitely feels like hard work.
Old 22-08-2011, 11:10
Freed from the century

I was at Stafford and in some ways it was better than I expected - quite a decent-sized crowd, anyway, I thought. Nick and Sean were fine but James really did seem like he didn't want to be there, though. And the sound-levels were terrible: James' vox and guitar too quite and Nick - Nick! - booming away in the foreground.

The sound on the main stage was terrible throughout the w/e. Was really looking fwd to Eminem but abandoned him after 45 mins as could hardly hear him at all. Primal Scream better, but they seemed pissed off with lack of audience numbers and enthusiasm (the crowd for Em was MASSIVE).
Old 22-08-2011, 11:13
Stretched out in the sun

Well, at least looks like they didn't play to a crowd of ten people...May I say that I'm fucking glad I didn't go to V? I feel bad for the guys though ((((((

The lovely Wayne looks kinda cute pretty much always
Rough Trade, London - 2012
Rewind The Film Tour Bristol/London/Manchester/Glasgow - 2013
BBC 6 Music - Maida Vale Studios - 2013
Futurology Tour 2014 - Leeds/Cardiff/Leicester/Manchester/Brighton/Brixton x2/Bruxelles/Luxembourg
Rough Trade - 2014
London Acoustic Guitar Show Olympia, London - 2014
BBC Mastertapes, The Holy Bible special - Maida Vale Studios - 2014
The Holy Bible Tour 2014 - Glasgow/Manchester x2/London x2
The Holy Bible Tour 2015 - Southampton/Cardiff/On Blackheath
EMG20 2016 - Bruxelles/Liverpool/Birmingham/London x2/Glasgow/Swansea/Portsmouth
Old 22-08-2011, 11:20
Mr Msppedia

Any idea of setlist for Stafford or was it same for both dates?
Old 22-08-2011, 11:30
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Nick...! View Post
I thought. Nick and Sean were fine but James really did seem like he didn't want to be there, though.
Still nothing beats the time James played there on his solo stint and checked his watch live onstage - way to show you wanna be somewhere!

Quote:
The sound on the main stage was terrible throughout the w/e. Was really looking fwd to Eminem but abandoned him after 45 mins as could hardly hear him at all.
Chelmsford was exactly the same as well. We did Primals in Stafford then Eminem in Chelmsford and it just kept fading out when you were further back, which for a festival that size is attrocious. I dread to think what the second stage crowd was like in Chelmsford as you couldn't even get into the main stage field by the time Eminem kicked off, at least in Stafford things are a bit more open.

Setlist wise I think Stafford was the same songs but a different order - like they started with you love us so no intro. It was hard to tell though as the girl behind me kept being sick during their set which was a bit distracting.