Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-06-2011, 09:14
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvissa View Post
I don't know! For a second I thought, "Maybe we're wrong, maybe it really *is* her." but then I thought, it's more likely that they just googled it and don't realise its true genesis.
i'm pretty sure it's the first page that comes up if you put richard edwards on facebook so that's probably why
Old 23-06-2011, 09:38
Bored of being bored

*head desk*
Old 23-06-2011, 09:54
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvissa View Post
*head desk*
this
Old 23-06-2011, 19:56
Born to end

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog x
Old 24-06-2011, 10:18
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Have just been shown this week's Grazia magazine in which Rachel's talking about Richey's disappearance. It's a two page article in which she talks partly about how close they were as kids, him looking out for her sweetly like "the typical overprotective older brother". It's all in her words, and still heartbreaking; the last few lines made me choke up to be honest. There's also 2 childhood pictures of the two of them, one or perhaps both of which I don't personally remember seeing before.
I got the magazine on the train and just didn't expect to see a picture of Richey in it. It shocked me as it was just so unexpected.

The piece is really personal and moving, you can hear the hurt in her words. I've not seen the 2 childhood pictures before and he just looks so cute.

You feel for her and the family so much. She talks about her Mum and Dad not being able to move just in case Richey comes back and doesn't know where to find them.....She calls it "suspended loss" and it really seems to capture the whole emotion of it.

At teh end of the article it askes for people to show their support for the families and the parlimentary enquiry by leaving a message on the virtual Wall of Reminders at www.missingpeople.org.uk/wallofreminders
I think we should all support if and show Rachel, Richeys family and the band all the support we can.

I just hope the enquiry helps and makes some positive changes.
Old 26-06-2011, 20:48
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganslastwords View Post
this
Yes, thanks to goodness that that FB page ins't by the actual Rachel - would throw the proverbial egg on quite a few faces on this forum am sure.

It can't be much fun being as painfully irredemiably English as most of the contributors to this forum. Is there any wonder Richey went into hiding from you lot?

Last edited by Cola Di Rienzi; 27-06-2011 at 16:07.
Old 26-06-2011, 21:13
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola Di Rienzi View Post
Yes, thanks to goodness that that FB page ins't by the actual Rachel - would throw the proverbial egg on quite a few faces on this forum am sure.

It can be much fun being as painfully irredemiably English as most of the contributors to this forum. Is there any wonder Richey went into hiding from you lot?
Not quite sure what you are getting at, sorry.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 26-06-2011, 21:21
Administrator

Quote:
It can be much fun being as painfully irredemiably English as most of the contributors to this forum. Is there any wonder Richey went into hiding from you lot?
What does that even mean?
Old 26-06-2011, 21:47
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

what are you trying to say? i don't often get angry at things people say on the internet because it's petty, but things like this wind me up. this is a forum - everyone has different opinions and i don't think anyone has a right to say we can't think differently from each other. 'is there any wonder richey went into hiding from you lot' sorry, i didn't realise you were capable of knowing richey's thoughts. no one, even the band, his best friends, know why he disappeared, so i don't really think you have the right to go around making sweeping statements like that.
Old 26-06-2011, 21:53
Born to end

RESSOT
Old 26-06-2011, 21:55
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pure Motive View Post
RESSOT
me or Cola Di Rienzi? :L
Old 26-06-2011, 21:56
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pure Motive View Post
RESSOT
You know, when you signed up, you agreed not to be abusive to other forum members, even backwards.
Old 26-06-2011, 21:58
Born to end

!!YRROS
Old 27-06-2011, 01:13
Builder of routine

It's probably just a dialect right?
Old 27-06-2011, 06:48
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
It's probably just a dialect right?
Either that or it's Benjamin Button.