Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-05-2011, 19:23
Knowlede Is Power

I've just uploaded it here >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkkRXRY4_MA
Old 11-05-2011, 20:04
I am purity, they call me perverted

Louise Minchin's (presenter of Missing) Twitter: "#missing2011 Thanks v much for all the calls. Today's update, possible sightings of Ben Needham, Andew Gosden and one of Richey Edwards."

The interview was really emotional. People with missing loved ones how much their lives are hell, going through all that and not knowing.
Old 11-05-2011, 20:19
I live to fall asleep

Very moving stuff indeed-whole show like,suprised to see the case brought into the public domain once more but perhaps someone somewhere will have seen it and provide the info that will give peace of mind/closure to Richeys family and band mates.

We can but hope
Old 11-05-2011, 20:21
Bored of being bored

Have they ever done one of those aging process images of Richey? To suggest what he might look like now?
Old 11-05-2011, 20:24
Bored out of my mind

Really sad. You just wish all the families who are in similar situations could be reunited with or at least find out what has happened to their loved ones.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 11-05-2011, 20:24
Freed from the century

Has generated new sighting today acc. to twitter...

@Lousieminchin - "Thanks v much for all the calls. Today's update, possible sightings of Ben Needham, Andew Gosden and one of Richey Edwards."
Old 11-05-2011, 20:28
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
Has generated new sighting today acc. to twitter...

@Lousieminchin - "Thanks v much for all the calls. Today's update, possible sightings of Ben Needham, Andew Gosden and one of Richey Edwards."
That's why I was asking if they'd done the aging thing - because you wonder what the sighting was of. A 27 year old wearing eyeliner?
Old 11-05-2011, 20:33
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvissa View Post
That's why I was asking if they'd done the aging thing - because you wonder what the sighting was of. A 27 year old wearing eyeliner?
It would be interesting to see, but I don't know if he would have changed that much, apart from looking a little bit older so there might not be much point. I'm sure his actual face wouldn't look that different.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 11-05-2011, 20:36
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbertie View Post
It would be interesting to see, but I don't know if he would have changed that much, apart from looking a little bit older so there might not be much point. I'm sure his actual face wouldn't look that different.
To be honest I think the biggest giveaway would be his voice. I can remember (though I'm not sure why) being really surprised by how soft-spoken he was the first time I heard it in an interview clip.

And the tattoos/scars etc obviously.
Old 11-05-2011, 21:16

Gutsy ,gutsy woman.
Hats off to her.
Old 11-05-2011, 21:25
A self-made vacuum

Bloody hell. I wish I hadn't watched that before bed. I'm not sure why I didn't think that would achieve anything other than upsetting myself. The sudden realisation he was only a few months older than I am now when he vanished too.

No control. We're all at sea. In a world that's disappeared.
Old 11-05-2011, 22:15

i havent been on the forum for a very long time but those nice folks who have been coming on here for a long time might remember me posting about my brother david going missing in apr95 and all the pain etc myself and my family went through in the yrs following. we still have not found my bruv but the way things are dealt with now by the police etc is very different. also, there is a lot more publicity generated now with programmes like missing on bbc and the one on sky. we have had 3 new sightings of my brother, all in spain so we believe that is where he is at but when we have gone he seems to have vanished again. the yrs make no difference to the pain you feel but you have to move on and get on for the sake of the rest of your family. i think rachel has done a first class job over the yrs of keeping richeys case in the public eye and i had tears when she said she still hopes he will turn up and she will find him again one day. i know all of my family would give anything to see our david again.
Old 11-05-2011, 22:27
I'm just a pasty

*hugs tigerlily* I can't imagine what that's like. I'd be a wreck if anyone in my family disappeared.

And Rachel is a very dignified and determined lady.
Old 11-05-2011, 22:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
*hugs tigerlily* I can't imagine what that's like. I'd be a wreck if anyone in my family disappeared.

And Rachel is a very dignified and determined lady.
thanks shug, i have been a wreck , both mentally and physically as have most of my family over the yrs, if theres one question i,m sure the families of missing people would like to ask is, WHY.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:38
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhew View Post
Louise Minchin's (presenter of Missing) Twitter: "#missing2011 Thanks v much for all the calls. Today's update, possible sightings of Ben Needham, Andew Gosden and one of Richey Edwards."

The interview was really emotional. People with missing loved ones how much their lives are hell, going through all that and not knowing.

O_O a sighting! That's the first one in years, isn't it? Let's hope it's legit and not a really cruel hoax.

That was a very moving interview. Seeing Rachel get choked up when describing her brother's car just broke my heart though What she's doing is incredibly commendable, how she's never given up hope with Richey and is now helping others!