Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2011, 14:36
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
A Box that contains everything?

If the price of the PFAYM box-set is anything to go by we'll need until august 2012 to save up for the fucking thing.

I'm still miffed as to what else there is? A live DVD perhaps? But it's not as if they have rucks of unreleased songs is it? We already have all the B sides so that's not an incentive. No one cares about remixes. So what's it going to be other than a collection of songs we already have in one form or another?
Old 24-01-2011, 15:02
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Poet View Post
I don't know where the interest will come from for arenas, there's just been too much Manics over the last four years, and from a fan's point of view they have reached saturation point for me.
Same. I'll probably go to one date of any arena tours, but I really wouldn't mind if they just disappeared for a while.
Old 24-01-2011, 15:15
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post

That just reminded me. When i was walking passed Simon Price the other night, he turned and saluted me like he knew me. He must have been confusing me with someone else. Or else maybe he was just being friendly. Either way i got a bit of a laugh over it.

I can't see the Arena tour happening. The only way i could see them taking a chance with such a tour, would be if they had one or maybe two 'hit' singles already in the bag. Something they've written since the last album and might, in their minds anyway, get lots of airplay and as a consequence, sell lots of tickets.

Oh and hello Archivesoftherevollover. It was very nice to meet you the other night.
Old 24-01-2011, 15:22
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
4-5 dates in the UK only in May, I was told. 2nd hand via band members.

All gigs to start like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McUI5VwFbgY
is it worth saving for? did they say anything about other gigs? I'm really not sure if I can do it I'd love to go to Cardiff this time.
Old 24-01-2011, 15:53
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivesoftherevollover View Post
Sean said as well to imagine a box with everything in it and that is what the greatest hits will be! but dont expect it till like august 2012.
At this rate I'm going to have a collection of Manics shoeboxes... Just hope this one isn't £130 again..
Old 24-01-2011, 15:56
Knowlede Is Power

"70 songs of hatred and failure" would be a great title for the greatest hits... or maybe "MONEY FOR OLD ROPE" haha
Old 24-01-2011, 16:03
Winterlover

A boxset with every single b-side and tons of demos/possible unreleased songs (in the recent years we've definitely learned they exist)/etc would be a dream come true for me. Hell, I'd be more than happy with something that Blur did around their first compilation ie a singles boxset with each single and all its b-sides (from original tracks to live stuff) contained. Seeing as the boxset stuff's been apparently mentioned in the same context as greatest hits, that might just be it. Or then just a box which contains each album as those are pretty trendy right now.
Old 24-01-2011, 16:24
Builder of routine

okay, if they announce it early enough and it doesn't collide with my final BA exam or anything, assuming one gig it would be a 2-3 day trip to London. then I'd make it in no more than 180 quid including flights dunno about the show tickets. it's the sum I'd be able to pay. so far I have more than half of this for such spendings. of course if there are no European gigs that would have to be announced early enough. this naturally means no Coldplay in June but I can live with that if I can see Nicky.
step one - ask my tutor when exactly the exam takes place
step two - sell off some of my NME or music mags to get some money
step three - control the exchange rate and when it goes in a good price, buy some pounds
Old 24-01-2011, 16:28
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralscrutiniser View Post
I wonder. I think they might struggle to get the NEC (unless they reduce the capacity). I'd say NIA more likely. Which would be a shame for two reasons:

a) it's a shit venue
b) it's MUCH easier to get to the NEC
Are you joking>> NEC is a nightmare to get to and to get out of after, NIA any day.
Old 24-01-2011, 16:30
Builder of routine

how tall are the barriers in these venues you mentioned?
Old 24-01-2011, 16:34
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Are you joking>> NEC is a nightmare to get to and to get out of after, NIA any day.
Yeah, NIA is easier location wise IMO as it's right in town. Venue wise I much prefer the NEC though, especially since it's been done out.
Old 24-01-2011, 16:34
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
how tall are the barriers in these venues you mentioned?
Its been a few years since I have been on the barrier at an ARENA gig, I can't remember them being any taller than the ususal venues. I'm sure there must be a Health and Safety high/low height
Old 24-01-2011, 16:44
Builder of routine

Quote:
Its been a few years since I have been on the barrier at an ARENA gig, I can't remember them being any taller than the ususal venues. I'm sure there must be a Health and Safety high/low height
you think that mailing the venue after they announce (if they do it) the venues, makes sense? because I heard that at Brixton they were about 140cm (sorry for metrics) and it scared me a bit because I'm smaller than that and being in the back to see anything is not worth going. to be honest what people said about the barriers at Brixton was one of the reasons of not going there. and as I didn't see them in January May would be perfect for me. it's warm, I don't have to bring too many clothes so the luggage is light so I wouldn't have to take the additional luggage.

oh and good news, I will have my exam AFTER 19th June.
Old 24-01-2011, 17:09
Footprint of history

Quote:
you think that mailing the venue after they announce (if they do it) the venues, makes sense? because I heard that at Brixton they were about 140cm (sorry for metrics) and it scared me a bit because I'm smaller than that and being in the back to see anything is not worth going. to be honest what people said about the barriers at Brixton was one of the reasons of not going there. and as I didn't see them in January May would be perfect for me. it's warm, I don't have to bring too many clothes so the luggage is light so I wouldn't have to take the additional luggage.

oh and good news, I will have my exam AFTER 19th June.
I would phone and ask when you find out where it is. I'm about 150 cm so the Brixton one would have scared me to, you need to have your boobs as cushions not the forehead!!
Old 24-01-2011, 17:18
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
I heard that at Brixton they were about 140cm (sorry for metrics) and it scared me a bit because I'm smaller
Quote:
I'm about 150 cm so the Brixton one would have scared me to, you need to have your boobs as cushions not the forehead!!
Well to get an idea Deets, I'm 1.50m and I was wearing heels, the barrier was at shoulder-height, so indeed boob cushion for me...