Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-02-2006, 16:04
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by another invented username
Well, Richey did say he didn't lose his virginity until well into his twenties, the ****ing little liar!
Interesting.
Old 05-02-2006, 21:31
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Actually, I've changed my theory slightly. Virgins are liars because they always deny that they are virgins or evade the issue. The only people who openly tell others they are virgins aren't virgins. Oh, and then we get to the few who do admit to being virgins but say they are virgins through choice. Clearly another filthy lie.

Generally speaking.
Just how many sweeping generalisations can you fit in one post?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:58
Builder of routine

*giggle*
Old 06-02-2006, 12:23
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl
Just how many sweeping generalisations can you fit in one post?
In a post where I put 'generally speaking' concerning the line "all virgins are liars", I'm free to make all the generalisations I want. Maybe I should have addressed Richey's "all virgins..." with 'what he means by this is some virgins are liars because...'?

At least you didn't use the *rolls eyes* smilie. However, I'm afraid I simply can't resist
Old 06-02-2006, 12:31
Builder of routine

Hey, I'm sure it wasn't made to offend you! Just take it as another angle in the discussion, because like you said it's a part of the song that's in black/white and anyone's allowed to question a certain pattern like that.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:41
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffuselah
Hey, I'm sure it wasn't made to offend you!
I never particularly thought it was meant to be attacking me as such, which is why I remarked on the lack of any rolling eyes, but I just couldn't resist using them myself out of pure Monday morning/afternoon evilness
Old 06-02-2006, 20:39
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
In a post where I put 'generally speaking' concerning the line "all virgins are liars", I'm free to make all the generalisations I want. Maybe I should have addressed Richey's "all virgins..." with 'what he means by this is some virgins are liars because...'?

At least you didn't use the *rolls eyes* smilie. However, I'm afraid I simply can't resist
I never actually said you couldn't make generalisations, so relax bunny boiler and give into those smilies, you big rebel
Old 07-02-2006, 09:40
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I never actually said you couldn't make generalisations, so relax bunny boiler and give into those smilies, you big rebel
OK, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm disappointed. Your original 'point' was utterly pointless, as is your subsequent bizarre choice of namecalling, which I object to and is something I don't wish to participate in on a forum of this one's nature.
Old 07-02-2006, 23:04
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
OK, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm disappointed. Your original 'point' was utterly pointless, as is your subsequent bizarre choice of namecalling, which I object to and is something I don't wish to participate in on a forum of this one's nature.
Oh no, you're disappointed in me...I'm so bothered
Old 08-02-2006, 17:03
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Oh no, you're disappointed in me...I'm so bothered
If you weren't bothered I very much doubt you'd have bothered to reply.
Old 08-02-2006, 18:25
funiculus

I guess I only took the "virgin" part literally. I took the "liar" bit to kind of just mean bad. Kind of like he's saying that virgins are just bad or something? I guess I thought that because of his own personal experience. I think he thought his virginity (when he had it, obviously) was a very negative thing... or that it was holding him back from truly enjoying life (I think that because he said that when he was a virgin all of his friends used to say how fantastic sex was and blah blah blah)... or maybe it's that virgins are lying to themselves in thinking that there is some sort of virtue in waiting for marriage (or whatever they're waiting for to have sex).

But really, I just always thought he was talking about himself... when he was a virgin. And I never took "liar" very literally.
Old 08-02-2006, 18:28
funiculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisBeTheVerse
Or did he mean that metaphorically everybody's been fucked by somebody?
That's a fantastic way of analysing that! I never thought of that at all!
Old 08-02-2006, 18:32
Limbo

I'm a virgin but then again I am lying.
Old 14-02-2006, 05:16
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by funiculus
I guess I only took the "virgin" part literally. I took the "liar" bit to kind of just mean bad. Kind of like he's saying that virgins are just bad or something? I guess I thought that because of his own personal experience. I think he thought his virginity (when he had it, obviously) was a very negative thing... or that it was holding him back from truly enjoying life (I think that because he said that when he was a virgin all of his friends used to say how fantastic sex was and blah blah blah)... or maybe it's that virgins are lying to themselves in thinking that there is some sort of virtue in waiting for marriage (or whatever they're waiting for to have sex).

But really, I just always thought he was talking about himself... when he was a virgin. And I never took "liar" very literally.
That's a very different prespective... But a like a bit of variety myself. Have not thought of it before!
Old 15-02-2006, 18:17
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by funiculus
I guess I only took the "virgin" part literally. I took the "liar" bit to kind of just mean bad. Kind of like he's saying that virgins are just bad or something? I guess I thought that because of his own personal experience. I think he thought his virginity (when he had it, obviously) was a very negative thing...
I dunno about that, he wore his "I Miss My Virginity" badge with pride in 1994/95! (it was a pressie from an American fan at the Astoria gigs, he's wearing it in that last Japanese interview).