Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-06-2010, 19:29
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
I'd prefer extra new songs on the Deluxe Edition this time, rather than a bunch of demos, not that they weren't good and interesting.
The demos did nothing for me. It would only interest me if the songs were demos of tracks that never made it onto the album. It was a lovely book though. And worth getting for that alone.
Old 01-06-2010, 19:29
I live to fall asleep

I wonder if the 'one last chance at mass communication' line suggests that they won't look to go down the typical album route in future but, like Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins, will try to figure out more effective ways for bands to make money from their material. Convenient that it's the last album of the Sony contract.

Suspect it will be their most commercial record. Think it could work if they touch upon the charm of songs like Design for Life rather than the quirkiness of some of their failed attempts at getting a mass audience, Like Underdogs and Autumnsong. They need to come across with their own 'piece of dignity' regardless of how intelligent they try to be with it, without falling into eccentricity and that 'you don't get our world message' that sometimes comes through with too many random quotes (Jack Lemmon) and references to their favourite cricketers.
Old 01-06-2010, 19:31
Doors slowly closing

All good so far. Like the title, the cover and the tour support. Must mean I'll hate the album!
Old 01-06-2010, 19:34
I am purity, they call me perverted

Oh! I'm excited, almost forgot about the big news. I just hope it's commercial, but not to the point that this album is pure utter disappointment. About the "mass communication" line, I think they mean to promote this album worldwide, make it more radio friendly. I'm happy though
Old 01-06-2010, 19:42
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post
All good so far. Like the title, the cover and the tour support. Must mean I'll hate the album!
Do you know if there are any seats at the new Brum 02??
Old 01-06-2010, 19:45
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Do you know if there are any seats at the new Brum 02??
You know, I think the balcony has seats now. There are certainly settees and whatnot along the sides of the main floor but there's no way you'd be able to see from them.
Old 01-06-2010, 19:46

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but I flicked through NME tonight (always out early in London). This is what I remember from it (I had to run for my train)

They mention the new album sounds like Queen! Which Nicky wanted and was happy NME picked up on. James joked about getting some Freddie Mercury style vests for the tour. Duff McKagan from GNR plays bass on one song. There is an nice full page advert for the tour.
Old 01-06-2010, 19:49
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_found View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but I flicked through NME tonight (always out early in London). This is what I remember from it (I had to run for my train)

They mention the new album sounds like Queen! Which Nicky wanted and was happy NME picked up on. James joked about getting some Freddie Mercury style vests for the tour. Duff McKagan from GNR plays bass on one song. There is an nice full page advert for the tour.
any song titles confirmed? how long will it be? any nice pics/scans will be appreciated but thanks for this info!
Old 01-06-2010, 19:49
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post
You know, I think the balcony has seats now. There are certainly settees and whatnot along the sides of the main floor but there's no way you'd be able to see from them.
Ha ha!! not even if I stood on them with my height!! My son says there are seats up stairs but not reserved ones so it looks like the Balcony for me
Old 01-06-2010, 19:50
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Duff McKagan from GNR plays bass on one song.
I. Am. So. Fucking. Sold. !.
Old 01-06-2010, 19:54
Builder of routine

you know what? I already love that album. I FUCKING LOVE POSTCARDS FROM A YOUNG MAN AND I BET IT WILL LAND ON THE TOP OF MY FAVOURITE MANICS ALBUMS.

and am I the only one who is completely shocked how quickly we have the new album??!! that's kinda out of the blue. yes, we had some information (from teletext etc) but we were sure it would appear next year. BUT NO! WHAT A SUPRISE! I LOVE THAT BAND!!
Old 01-06-2010, 19:56
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
...the new album sounds like Queen!...Duff McKagan from GNR plays bass on one song.
Fucking hell yes!
Old 01-06-2010, 19:57
Winterlover

Quote:

They mention the new album sounds like Queen! Which Nicky wanted and was happy NME picked up on. James joked about getting some Freddie Mercury style vests for the tour. .
LOL

Quote:
Duff McKagan from GNR plays bass on one song.
OMG, why?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 01-06-2010, 19:57
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
I LOVE THAT BAND!!
This is exactly how I feel right now.

Have no idea what I'll think about the album yet (though Duff McKagan + Queen? !) but also I might as well say I'm having a great time anticipating it. Thank you, The Internet.
Old 01-06-2010, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
any song titles confirmed? how long will it be? any nice pics/scans will be appreciated but thanks for this info!
Apart from It's Not War - Just the End of Love (likely single), there was another title mentioned but gah damn my memory I can't think. There was also a new pic, NME said they looked like The Smiths. I couldn't see it myself in my half asleep post work daze.

Tip for those not wanting to buy NME like myself http://gb.zinio.com/ always have a digital version up were you can read 3 pages per issue....but I'm sure someone will scan it soon!