Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1186  
Old 22-05-2018, 20:13
raven's Avatar
raven raven is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
That would be bad enough but in this case all the acts are standing behind Jools in the editing room and he makes some pun about making a note which is the cue for all the guests to do a harmony - except Nicky!
wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Nicky looking grumpy on jools I thought was a very good sid vicious impersonation...Or a very bad Elvis one
I thought he was doing a Sid.

Porco - you've triggered a migraine. Am I prone to them? I've never had one before.
Royal purple
__________________
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)


"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Reply With Quote
  #1187  
Old 22-05-2018, 20:24
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Porco - you've triggered a migraine. Am I prone to them? I've never had one before.
Many purple apologies! Apurpolgies?
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | New(ish) Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 22-05-2018, 21:09
Europa Gluten Free's Avatar
Europa Gluten Free Europa Gluten Free is offline
I live to fall asleep
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,009
It all looks so cheap to me.
Reply With Quote
  #1189  
Old 22-05-2018, 21:42
rosetree rosetree is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: leeds
Posts: 250
It looks a bit like dividing lines, exit signs and tattered manifestos
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 22-05-2018, 21:53
Routine Builder's Avatar
Routine Builder Routine Builder is offline
Bored of being bored
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,579
Hearing Nicky say he couldn't be bothered with the music for this album is a bit disheartening. I know his mum hasn't been well, and do feel for him after dealing with similar last year. But even at the end of Futurology he seemed quite dispondent about the band. James is more than capable of picking up the slack which kind of explains why this album is the closest MSP have come to reproducing the sound of the great western. However this isn't a band firing on all cylinders and it's unfair for James and Sean.

I'm beginning to think we're in for a prolonged break soon where James and Sean pursue their own projects while Nicky takes more poloroids or something...

Hopefully I'm wrong.
__________________


Stand back, I have political powers!
Reply With Quote
  #1191  
Old 23-05-2018, 13:26
UEF's Avatar
UEF UEF is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 7,963
Nicky sounding quite despondent about the band is Business as Usual
__________________
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • London KoKo 2006 • The Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • London Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • London Roundhouse 2009 • London Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • London Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • London O2 2011 • London Rough Trade East 2012 • London Shepherds Bush 2013 • London Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • London Rough Trade East 2014 • London Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • London Wembley Arena 2018 • London Shepherds Bush 2019 (35)
Reply With Quote
  #1192  
Old 23-05-2018, 20:10
almostfamous's Avatar
almostfamous almostfamous is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 679
HMLAH is now A-list on Radio 2 and B-list at 6Music. Gonna keep those album sales tickin' over....
Reply With Quote
  #1193  
Old 23-05-2018, 20:54
raven's Avatar
raven raven is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Hearing Nicky say he couldn't be bothered with the music for this album is a bit disheartening. I know his mum hasn't been well, and do feel for him after dealing with similar last year. But even at the end of Futurology he seemed quite dispondent about the band. James is more than capable of picking up the slack which kind of explains why this album is the closest MSP have come to reproducing the sound of the great western. However this isn't a band firing on all cylinders and it's unfair for James and Sean.

I'm beginning to think we're in for a prolonged break soon where James and Sean pursue their own projects while Nicky takes more poloroids or something...

Hopefully I'm wrong.
His mum's seriously unwell

Ease up a little
__________________
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)


"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Reply With Quote
  #1194  
Old 24-05-2018, 20:20
Marat Sar's Avatar
Marat Sar Marat Sar is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 319
There's remix of HMLAH out... but I can't see it anywhere in the article. Amyone had a listen to this?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...rs-warm-digits
Reply With Quote
  #1195  
Old 24-05-2018, 20:45
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
There's remix of HMLAH out... but I can't see it anywhere in the article. Amyone had a listen to this?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...rs-warm-digits
It's embedded as a vevo vid? The Warm Digits remix. It's pretty cool, I like it. Hopefully it'll turn up to buy soon.
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | New(ish) Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #1196  
Old 24-05-2018, 22:48
Marat Sar's Avatar
Marat Sar Marat Sar is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
It's embedded as a vevo vid? The Warm Digits remix. It's pretty cool, I like it. Hopefully it'll turn up to buy soon.
Damn. Not showing up in either chrome nor firefox (just white blank box there). Could you possibly post a ling to the embedded video directly? (searching youtube doesn't give results either...)
Reply With Quote
  #1197  
Old 24-05-2018, 23:30
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
Damn. Not showing up in either chrome nor firefox (just white blank box there). Could you possibly post a ling to the embedded video directly? (searching youtube doesn't give results either...)
I think it's some kind of exclusively-linked javascripty stream thing not even a cached video I can link to reliably. bleh. Ironic given the content in the interview!

"Streaming serves a purpose, but there’s something within me that doesn’t feel comfortable with not owning something. The fact that I’m just leasing music and then not being able to pass that down. You can’t pass down a record collection via streaming. That’s the only thing that doesn’t sit right with me, is the fact that those memories and moments in life that we map onto something that’s physical and being cherished as a legacy, passed down. We’re losing ownership of that."


Yes, I agree and I would like to own this remix Sean... lovely remix, I have money here waiting to pay for it... hmmmm. bleh.
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | New(ish) Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #1198  
Old 25-05-2018, 01:01
raven's Avatar
raven raven is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,047
There was something twittered about it being a Billboard exclusive so it'll be only available via there 'for a while'

Wish you hadn't said Ironic ..... now I've got Alanis in my head. In purple?? Yes now!! Stop!

Did come across a quote from Nicky re Hold Me...though “This track sprung from reading Lines on a Young Lady’s Photograph Album by Phillip Larkin, and his poem Aubade as well. It was the last lyric written for the record and I knew it had to be special. It’s got one of my favourite ever lines, which is “what is the future of the future/when memory fades and gets boarded up”. We’ve long been obsessed with writing something like Ashes to Ashes; I think this is the closest we’ll ever get”.....so I feel calmer now as I love Larkin and hope to replace Alanis with him in my head case....I mean space. Probably
__________________
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)


"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Reply With Quote
  #1199  
Old 25-05-2018, 01:15
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
There was something twittered about it being a Billboard exclusive so it'll be only available via there 'for a while'

Wish you hadn't said Ironic ..... now I've got Alanis in my head. In purple?? Yes now!! Stop!

Did come across a quote from Nicky re Hold Me...though “This track sprung from reading Lines on a Young Lady’s Photograph Album by Phillip Larkin, and his poem Aubade as well. It was the last lyric written for the record and I knew it had to be special. It’s got one of my favourite ever lines, which is “what is the future of the future/when memory fades and gets boarded up”. We’ve long been obsessed with writing something like Ashes to Ashes; I think this is the closest we’ll ever get”.....so I feel calmer now as I love Larkin and hope to replace Alanis with him in my head case....I mean space. Probably
I think you’ll manage it.

...yeah, I really do think...

Hopefully the remix will be exclusive for only a short time and then available to purchase. To own. Still looking forward to the PSB one that was mentioned too.
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | New(ish) Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #1200  
Old 25-05-2018, 08:24
Dancing Kirby's Avatar
Dancing Kirby Dancing Kirby is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,716
An audio video is on YouTube (and all other streaming services).

It fits in nicely with the new Chvrches album. I think I prefer it to the original. This album needs more remixes and less Dave Eringa.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.