Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-10-2015, 00:20
Born to end

MSP-Mega City Four Fued?

So I recently gave Ben Myers' Richey Biopic a spin, and in one section he slags off this band called Mega City Four. I had never heard much of these lads, knew of their existence, just never really bothered to check them out, but this piqued my interest. So I got to searching on YouTube and I came across this video of the band playing live at some festival and it was really quite amusing. I mean yeah the band was alright, but more so this fat dude who hops onto the stage naked. He has "ewe luv us" and "4 real" scrawled across his body in sharpie, clearly mocking the Manics. So this got me to thinking, did mega city four and the Manics have some sort of a fued? I mean obviously they mocked eachother, but was this just friendly teasing, or genuine hatred. It's almost hard to tell with the Manics being, well, the Manics. Im
surprised I never heard of this before, but then again, who the fucks ever heard of mega city four?

Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXB_Yc-0fzA
Old 15-10-2015, 11:53
Desire on its knees

It's likely they did have a feud, given the Manics' comments about the Charlatans, Slowdive, Birdland etc around the same time. The topless guy is Jon Fat Beast, the late music promoter from the early 90s who was more associated with Carter USM, but would have worked with Mega City Four as well.