Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-01-2011, 15:36
Builder of routine

my sympathies.
unfortunatelly I remember there was also one problem case with the ticket exchange in 2009, so there are not too many and people trust each other here.
so far people from the forum never let me down and I'm grateful to many of them for helping me arranging trips. many chit chats became friends IRL. but I think I trust people too easy and might be disappointed very much one day.
Old 22-01-2011, 16:26
I am purity, they call me perverted

I hate when people let others down. I would be embarrassed if i let someone down like that.
Old 22-01-2011, 16:52
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

That's just wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow View Post
I read that as "can change it" and had an image of you doing pelvic floor exercises like a mentalist, screaming "I will be a virgin again" whilst clutching a Care Bear and a picture of Richey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
I, for one, am slightly turned on by your obsession with penis size as you are indeed the hottest chick on here.
Old 22-01-2011, 16:59
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by looke View Post
name and shame
I think I could guess!!
Old 22-01-2011, 17:07
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
I think I could guess!!
Maybe it's just me who can't then

Edit - Helpful PM told me who it is, but its not for me to do the naming and shaming, most regulars have probably already guessed who it is anyway.

Last edited by looke; 22-01-2011 at 17:15. Reason: it's obvious who it is really.
Old 22-01-2011, 17:32
Builder of routine

That is really rubbish behaviour on their part
Old 22-01-2011, 18:01
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

*strokes philosophers beard*...well it wasn't me...that cancels it down a bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow View Post
I read that as "can change it" and had an image of you doing pelvic floor exercises like a mentalist, screaming "I will be a virgin again" whilst clutching a Care Bear and a picture of Richey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
I, for one, am slightly turned on by your obsession with penis size as you are indeed the hottest chick on here.
Old 22-01-2011, 18:12
HBIC

Haven't been around much (details not important) but had to comment on this, it's pretty bloody low

As Sophie said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post

That really, really sucks man, I'm sorry to hear about that. If the person changed their mind, the very least they could have done was actually tell you about it. Really bad.
I also wanted to comment on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
I was in a similar situation a few years back, I was left without a ticket for a gig because they promised one but didn't get in touch. I ended up sat in front of my PC all day waiting for them to get in touch. The person concerned did have the decency to apologise afterwards, though.

It's just a matter of respect and good manners if nothing else. Hopefully the person concerned reads this and learns a small lesson by putting themselves in your shoes. And sends an honest, apologetic PM.
I have to say that you not getting your ticket still drives me nuts and I haven't spoken to the person in question to this day. I gave the person you're referring to two seated tickets so they could take a relative who was still recovering from illness to the gig as a treat. I didn't mind doing this, it was a pleasure, but the deal was that they would meet you - at the venue they were already going to - and pass on their standing ticket for free. I suspect the person sold the standing ticket instead. I didn't even find out you hadn't gone to the gig until over a month later when it was mentioned in passing. Suffice to say I don't have anything to do with her any more. I can only apologise, Jason. Seems we were both taken for a ride.
Old 22-01-2011, 18:17
Winterlover

*fetches some pitchforks and torches*
Old 22-01-2011, 18:54
Winterlover

I have to say, I was quite moved by your post, Beautifuldistortion. You seem genuinely upset beyond just getting tickets for the show - the fact that you feel utterly let down by someone you thought you could trust is really what stands out in your post for me. I'm very sorry about that.

I wouldn't give up on the community as a whole however when it comes to ticket sharing just because of one horrible experience. I've only seen a few forum members complain about being swindled in some fashion where ticket exchanges are concerned and given the amount of people who have successful ticket transactions here, I'd say that's a pretty good track record.
Old 22-01-2011, 19:10
Knowlede Is Power

Thank you that truly means a lot.
The fact is because I was told this person had been busy at university and in hospital, I really felt that I shouldn't push to hard - however I did make it clear I wanted the tickets
I understand what you mean, it might have been a knee jerk reaction (although I did consider before I posted) and in the scheme of things I realise I am in the minority of people being let down.
Like I stated I had a very positive experience of getting a ticket at short notice for the XFM gig from here - so I do appreciate that.
I am gutted though as I really did want to go!
I wouldn't have said anything but the fact the person posted on how good the gig was kind of stuck in my throat.
I truly don't want to labour the point though and I would just like to thank everybody for the kind comments.
Old 22-01-2011, 19:13
Stretched out in the sun

Beautifuldistortion, you have every reason to be upset. Such utterly tactless behaviour. If you change your mind about selling a ticket, be honest so that the person can get another one from somewhere else. It's your time and energy and effort that was wasted. And even more tactless to post that the ticket seller did attend the concert.
Old 22-01-2011, 19:17
Builder of routine

An utter shame, sorry that you had to go through that. Please don't be put off, I've had numerous wonderful nights at gigs that wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for the generosity of people on this board.

I attended one of James' wonderful intimate gigs at Camden Barfly and met him (for the first time) afterwards in the bar. And just last year I was able to attend the Suede gig at the Royal Albert Hall after painfully missing out on tickets on the day of sale. Two of my most memorable gigs/nights of all time all thanks to people on this board.
Old 22-01-2011, 19:22
I live to fall asleep

Oooh, what a flakey twat.
I also admire the grace and tact of your complaint. Adds to the crushing shame which will overcome them when they read through this thread.
Fear not though, and do not be disheartened - we are not all shits.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 22-01-2011, 19:45
Doors slowly closing

This is very disappointing. Obviously the person decided they wanted to go which is up to them, but they could at least have told you, it would have been the decent thing to do. Has the person contacted you with an apology, because it looks like they've been online so they must have seen this and how upset you are.

Free postage if you spend £20 or more on more than one item.
Lots of singles under a fiver, including postage