Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 26-11-2014, 11:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kyle16 View Post
Roundhouse emailed me back, being dispatched late next week if you ordered from them
That's had a somewhat calming effect, cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelorette View Post
My tickets go on the kitchen wall, along with postcards, small a3 posters from plays I've been to and other memorabilia. It's known to dear ones as "The Wall of All Things Good" and is a favourite spot for coffees and conversation. May not be so popular with my landlord, but it's all blu-tack, so easy to remove if I ever decide to move. (and yes, I even have some neat print-outs of e-tickets on there - I am a sad, sad case).
I used to have something similar in my bedroom, until my ex made me take it down Perhaps I'll start another one!

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards
Old 26-11-2014, 11:41
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
I like that idea but gonna be moving soon so it'd be an awful shame to make a nice collage now and then have to pull it down again.

Might get some big frames for posters too, I know it's Autumnsong lyrics but still it's signed, could be alright in a frame.
do it AFTER moving! and well, remember, at least "Make love, make hate, make war" redeems the autumnsong lyrics a little. and the autographs, of course. And "build bridges and not roads". But that's about it, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyBeyondLust View Post

I used to have something similar in my bedroom, until my ex made me take it down Perhaps I'll start another one!
Start another one! The fact that he's now your ex says it all, really!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 26-11-2014, 12:01
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
That's had a somewhat calming effect, cheers.
Still balls that the ticket agents don't send them out sooner though! Can't even claim it's any kind of anti-touting measure when they're in bed with the touts anyway. Last tour was stupid, they were turning up last dates first, first dates last for me.

Quote:
do it AFTER moving! and well, remember, at least "Make love, make hate, make war" redeems the autumnsong lyrics a little. and the autographs, of course. And "build bridges and not roads". But that's about it, really.
Had us scratching me head there, "make love, make hate, make war" is To Repel Ghosts! I knew it wasn't Autumnsong, just took us a while to place it.

Aye, I can't wait to make a display like that. And to alphabet and chronologise the rest of my cds, only Manics have that privilege as things stand. Obviously they deserve to be kept separate.
Old 26-11-2014, 14:26

Quote:
Start another one! The fact that he's now your ex says it all, really!
Ha, yes it does

Prompted my sister to give me the immortal advice "See, I told you. Never date someone who isn't a Manics fan... Asking for trouble." She was not wrong.

Quote:
Still balls that the ticket agents don't send them out sooner though! Can't even claim it's any kind of anti-touting measure when they're in bed with the touts anyway. Last tour was stupid, they were turning up last dates first, first dates last for me.
No I quite agree, it's been jangling my nerves for weeks!

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards
Old 26-11-2014, 14:36
I live to fall asleep

Quote:

Had us scratching me head there, "make love, make hate, make war" is To Repel Ghosts! I knew it wasn't Autumnsong, just took us a while to place it.

Aye, I can't wait to make a display like that. And to alphabet and chronologise the rest of my cds, only Manics have that privilege as things stand. Obviously they deserve to be kept separate.
Oh, of course that's where it's from! I'd like to pretend it was a meta-joke or fandom-test, but it's just my mythology-studies-essay scrambling my brain, really. Hihi.

Quote:
Ha, yes it does

Prompted my sister to give me the immortal advice "See, I told you. Never date someone who isn't a Manics fan... Asking for trouble." She was not wrong.

No I quite agree, it's been jangling my nerves for weeks!
Well, judging by SOME Manics fans I've come across... But go for someone who doesn't hate them! My ex who hated them was an idiot, too (still is, I guess, but thankfully somewhere outside my universe).

ON TOPIC I had the same issues as Richard - I think in our case it was the bloody Edinburgh tickets which just wouldn't turn up. G&T are really bad for this, I only use them because strangely enough I have a higher success rate with them than with any other ticket website at buying tickets in the first place. And they always DO turn up, but sometimes as late as 10 days prior to the gigs, which really fucks with my gig-planning-OCD. And sucks for people depending to have stuff forwarded to them, or traveling in advance.

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 26-11-2014, 20:18
Knowlede Is Power

Found out today I've got a standing ticket for the last night at Roundhouse for my birthday (Sunday) doubtful it will arrive by then, but won't panic for a while yet
Old 26-11-2014, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
Found out today I've got a standing ticket for the last night at Roundhouse for my birthday (Sunday) doubtful it will arrive by then, but won't panic for a while yet
My ticket's a birthday present too, I'll be 25 on the 17th Happy birthday for Sunday!

- Richey Edwards
Old 26-11-2014, 21:08
Bored of being bored

Trust me folks it will be fine, I am still waiting also.

Considering 95% of tickets on the whole are bog standard which could be done on a colour printer & not souvenir tickets, how the hell it can take so long to print them has always been beyond belief to me.
Old 26-11-2014, 21:36
Administrator

^ not to mention usually if you go into a box office they print them there and then for you.
Old 26-11-2014, 21:43
Bored of being bored

I got 1 of my 3 Roundhouse tickets - wonder why they didn't send all of them in one go?
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 26-11-2014, 21:44

Still waiting for Roundhouse (kind of want that one to hurry up as might be selling it), but Glasgow tix came so long ago I forgot where I put them (the legendary safe place!)
Old 26-11-2014, 21:48
Bored of being bored

Most of the time the Box Office prints them for you but not the O2 Arena or Wembley they usually will post them to you, O2 Arena are scum bags when I bought tickets at their BO to avoid the 'fees' they still charged £4 even though I paid in cash, what a joke.
Old 26-11-2014, 22:35
Bored out of my mind

Weirdly our tickets for the second Manchester date from Ticketline actually have the See Tickets logo on them, so they managed to print those ages ago, but the first Manchester date we booked directly from See only got dispatched yesterday. I just don't think ticket companies do logic!
Old 27-11-2014, 00:29
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Oh I can't be doing with e-tickets, got a big shoe box full of stubs and wristbands and whatnot. I hope they don't die out.
I figured at least with an e ticket I had it then and there and did not have to worry about an additional wait
Old 27-11-2014, 07:24
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
My ticket's a birthday present too, I'll be 25 on the 17th Happy birthday for Sunday!
Thank you
Best present ever eh?