Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-04-2010, 15:48
Doors slowly closing

Did this Happen??

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2004/oasis...eld-supergroup

James invovled with Supergroup 2004, if so are there any pics/videos.

Dex.
Old 02-04-2010, 16:02
Mr Msppedia

Yeah they called themselves TRUST (no Oasis though) and did The Kids Are Alright and Magic Bus together while James, Kelly Jones and Paul Weller did I Shall Be Released and apparently James and Paul did 'You're The Best Thing' according to this
Old 02-04-2010, 16:06
Builder of routine

any pictures?
Old 02-04-2010, 16:16
Doors slowly closing

Cheers for the link, what happened to Little Baby Nothing re-release?
Old 02-04-2010, 16:22
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
Cheers for the link, what happened to Little Baby Nothing re-release?

Quote:
Little Baby Nothing re-release

The Manics are to release a brand new version of Little Baby Nothing as a one-off single in preparation for their new album. According to the NME, the female vocals will be performed by Debbie Harry of the band Blondie. Nicky Wire has made no secret of his admiration for Harry and has said he is "thrilled" with the new single, before adding "it's just lovely". The band hope to release the single sometime in June.

Nicky also told the NME: "It's just a one-off single to get us going again, so the new album doesn't come out of the blue - it's our 'big return'. You could see it as a bit of a gift to the fans aswell - we've had lots of people telling us we should re-release Little Baby Nothing, so now we are! There's a few light-hearted moments in there... like Debbie's changed the first line of the female vocal part from "my mind is dead" to "my name is Deb", and a couple of other things like that, you know... We got a childrens' choir to do some backing vocals too. It's just lovely."

The charity single is being released in aid of those suffering from tonsilitis. To read the full NME report, click here.

Update: After receiving a couple of confused e-mails, I'd just like to state that this story is not true! Make sure you click on the link above to understand...

Thursday, April 01(!!!!!!), 2004