Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-04-2017, 06:03
Born to end

Much appreciated

Est-il possible de restaurer la vertu de la gratuité alors que le diktat marchand indexe de manière paroxystique toute valeur à sa dimension pécuniaire ?
Old 25-04-2017, 15:19
An imitation of dignity

Also enjoyed watching this, some footage taken from the EMG 10th anniversary film, but was interesting to hear Martin Hall.

One thing though, did anyone notice that at one point there was a fleeting glimpse of some handwritten notes by Nicky which set out a proposed track listing for the album - there was one track on there called something like ''Youngenglishthings' (don't think it was that exactly but sure it had English in the title) - it had 'B side' written next to it. Working title for something else or a lost track?
Old 26-04-2017, 16:20
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
"page not found" ...
Old 26-04-2017, 18:03

Few questions... Why was the official story (up until now) that it was James who went into the hotel room and found the gifts on the bed when this documentary says it was Martin? Why did they get the room number wrong also? Why does James wonder what Richey would have thought of Kevin Carter when he's already on record saying Richey hated it because it sounded like like the Girl from Ipanema?
Old 26-04-2017, 19:08
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Kevin Carter has been in development for some time before Richey disappeared.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 26-04-2017, 19:10
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Plus I don't think I've ever seen it written explicitly that James went into the room.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 26-04-2017, 19:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Plus I don't think I've ever seen it written explicitly that James went into the room.
Didn't Nicky Wire okay the Simon Price book and therefore the version of events inside -stipulating James was the one who went in the hotel room?
Old 26-04-2017, 23:15
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHR View Post
Few questions... Why was the official story (up until now) that it was James who went into the hotel room and found the gifts on the bed when this documentary says it was Martin? Why did they get the room number wrong also? Why does James wonder what Richey would have thought of Kevin Carter when he's already on record saying Richey hated it because it sounded like like the Girl from Ipanema?
When James played it to him it was still a work in progress and James promised it wouldn't sound like the girl from Ipanema. No one knows if he would've liked the finished song.

I always thought it was James that got the hotel manager to open the room aswell.
Old 27-04-2017, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
When James played it to him it was still a work in progress and James promised it wouldn't sound like the girl from Ipanema. No one knows if he would've liked the finished song.

I always thought it was James that got the hotel manager to open the room aswell.
.... but it did sound like the the girl from Ipanema. Total 60s salsa.
Old 27-04-2017, 12:19
A self-made vacuum

is your line of questioning suggesting to the fact that you feel the manics know where Richey is?
Old 27-04-2017, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivesoftherevollover View Post
is your line of questioning suggesting to the fact that you feel the manics know where Richey is?
No. I'm wondering why some important facts keep changing.
Old 27-04-2017, 13:02
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
No. I'm wondering why some important facts keep changing.
People remembering facts differently 20 years after the fact is nothing unusual. I don't see that it really matters that much at this point. Richey is gone, most likely he's dead.
Old 27-04-2017, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
People remembering facts differently 20 years after the fact is nothing unusual. I don't see that it really matters that much at this point. Richey is gone, most likely he's dead.
Bradfield spoke of his early attempts to find him. “I was in the hotel and had to go and knock on the door. I got a porter to let us in,” he said.

Dead or not, imagine you had a missing loved one go missing. I'm 100% sure you'd want to know why the last 24 hours were muddled to that extent in the heads of those who saw them last?
Old 27-04-2017, 13:31
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Bradfield spoke of his early attempts to find him. “I was in the hotel and had to go and knock on the door. I got a porter to let us in,” he said.

Dead or not, imagine you had a missing loved one go missing. I'm 100% sure you'd want to know why the last 24 hours were muddled to that extent in the heads of those who saw them last?
It was 20 years ago.

I nearly died from Encephalitis at the age of 15, which was 18 years ago. What are the chances of my memory of the details of that experience being the same now as they were just after it happened? Pretty low, I'd say, and that was a life changing experience. Memory isn't a 100% reliable thing.
Old 27-04-2017, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
It was 20 years ago.

I nearly died from Encephalitis at the age of 15, which was 18 years ago. What are the chances of my memory of the details of that experience being the same now as they were just after it happened? Pretty low, I'd say, and that was a life changing experience. Memory isn't a 100% reliable thing.
Surely you'd know if it was you or your manager/both of you who went into the empty hotel room all things considered? Why tell the press varying accounts over the years is my point. Even in 1990's, not long after Richey's disappearance that was the official version of events - sanctioned by themselves in Simon Price's book.