Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 12-05-2010, 02:10
Bored of being bored

Can I ask you something?
Why did you go public with this story? Don't get me wrong, you told it nicely and you seem like a decent person, but don't you feel it should've stayed private?
Old 12-05-2010, 02:11
Born to end

Oh right! Gotcha! And thanks for getting it,TGP. My decision was really quite random. It was a bit intoxicating as a situation, and such a fun night, but so funny that at the time I wasn't even a huge fan so I always laugh at the groupie tag. He was SO pretty though. SAnd honestly, he really did smell great. (Though he did put me off with something he said) but I kinda had that holiday head on, you know? When you feel so far removed from normalcy that you allow yourself to step out of your shell...
Old 12-05-2010, 02:23
Bored of being bored

This is a strange question, but you aren't somehow connected with the girl who is on youtube saying Nicky threw up on her, are you? You mentioned that you talked to Nicky on the North American tour, so are you American? Someone I know talked to an American girl who would have been around your age that had some stories (and one sort of like yours) about the band and who was always thrown up on by Nicky Wire. Haha, I'm trying to substantiate what this person said. Anyway, I feel stupid now. Girl who Nicky threw up on, if you're reading this, I gave major questions!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:45
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStone View Post
Can I ask you something?
Why did you go public with this story? Don't get me wrong, you told it nicely and you seem like a decent person, but don't you feel it should've stayed private?
It's a fair enough question. And yeah, possibly. But it's a story I kept private for 18 years. And believe me, I also cringed when I read expose pieces like "I knew Richey" when they'd come out in the first few years and anniversaries after his disappearance.

But it's been so long, and I left all the (eep!) truly private bits out. You don't need to know that. (Though I have had people actually ask me really horrid questions that I won't answer!) And having a chance to sit down with Nicky last autumn and talk about Richey kinda brought it all back.

My new site, which launched only in Feb, is - partially -about celebrating all the kooky and wonderful stories I had/have as a music writer so in the run up to Feb 1, I really started thinking a lot about Richey. And I had the diary...and I dunno, just wanted to put that night out there. That it was the 15th anniversary really made me think.

I don't think the piece is that shocking. Nor does it reveal too much other than a rather sweet and quite plan side of Richey (okay and some really boring facts that some people on here seem to think I just pieced together from other well-reported stuff). But I've been a writer since I was 16 - it was natural that I'd write down everything after the fact. Including how he smiled, talking about Snoopy etc. That's how I remember it in such detail. I wish I had a picture to verify it but I don't. Plus, you don't readily forget stuff like that.

Unlike some exposes, I don't claim to have "known" Richey. I just talk about one night with him. I figured there are a lot of fans who never got a chance to see him perform, meet him etc, who might simply be curious.

I put the article out there into the cosmos knowing full well some people might be uncomfortable about it. But I want to be honest on the site.

Hope that explains?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:48
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slag View Post
This is a strange question, but you aren't somehow connected with the girl who is on youtube saying Nicky threw up on her, are you?
Oh dear gods, no! Nicky has never thrown up on me! And I'm Canadian. Met Richey in Copenhagen, interviewed James in Toronto and Nicky in Vancouver.

Bloody hell, I would certainly not want to publicize being puked on, Nicky or no!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:21
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slag View Post
Girl who Nicky threw up on, if you're reading this, I gave major questions!
LOL. What questions could you possibly have for the poor girl? 'How did it feel to be puked on by the Wire?' 'WAS IT LIFE CHANGING?'
Old 12-05-2010, 13:37
The Artist Formerly Known as ( . )( . ) The Artist Formerly Known as ( . )( . ) is offline
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstagerider View Post
(Though he did put me off with something he said)
You can't drop something like that and not tell us what he said! And as for the smell, quite muksy wasn't he?

Last edited by The Artist Formerly Known as ( . )( . ); 12-05-2010 at 13:51.
Old 12-05-2010, 15:36
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as ( . )( . ) View Post
You can't drop something like that and not tell us what he said! And as for the smell, quite muksy wasn't he?
I wanna know too. what did he say?

Old 12-05-2010, 15:44
Winterlover

I enjoy reading your story so much. it was well written. and how in hell could you managed to hide your story after all this years?!
Old 12-05-2010, 16:17
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcy0nzombie View Post
LOL. What questions could you possibly have for the poor girl? 'How did it feel to be puked on by the Wire?' 'WAS IT LIFE CHANGING?'
Haha, of course not! I don't have questions about Nicky throwing up on her. She has other stories concerning other members of the band that I've heard from other people, but I was just wondering if they were true. I don't really care about Nicky throwing up on anyone!
Old 14-05-2010, 19:18
Born to end

Quote:
And as for the smell, quite muksy wasn't he?
He actually smelled lovely. Perfumed. Probably all the hairspray. But musky, no, I don't remember that. I remember he smelled like a girl. And had the whitest skin.
Old 14-05-2010, 19:19
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPlover View Post
I enjoy reading your story so much. it was well written. and how in hell could you managed to hide your story after all this years?!
Thanks

I hid the story I guess out of respect. There were so many awful articles floating around in the first few years after he disappeared. Wasn't my place to contribute to them. But years on, you get a bit of distance.
Old 14-05-2010, 22:42
Winterlover

Quote:
Thanks

I hid the story I guess out of respect. There were so many awful articles floating around in the first few years after he disappeared. Wasn't my place to contribute to them. But years on, you get a bit of distance.
I guess you right. publishing your story back then might hurt some people and also was a bit early. sometime waiting it's the right thing to do

I also love the part when you met them again after years and James remeber you. You must gave a good impression if he knew who you are.
Old 15-05-2010, 12:07
The Artist Formerly Known as ( . )( . ) The Artist Formerly Known as ( . )( . ) is offline
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
(Though he did put me off with something he said)
Leaving us in the dark then?
Old 15-05-2010, 12:48
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Leaving us in the dark then?
I think so, my dear *lol* ^^

Come on WHAT DID HE SAY? hahahaha.

"True perfection has to be imperfect..."