Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-02-2019, 12:05
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdawnfades View Post
Whilst we are on the subject...

I stumbled across these two pictures online. They must have been posted before but just wondered what you thought of these as I was taken aback when I saw them and wanted to see what everyone else thought?

Not Richey. Can I be sure? Well let's see how at ease you or I would be if someone came into our living area and photographed us. I feel our annoyed, inconvenienced and slightly fearful expressions would have us accused of being Richey for looking slightly like but not quite as Richey. If that makes sense?
But good to see you back on the forum!
Old 06-02-2019, 12:22
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Not Richey. Can I be sure? Well let's see how at ease you or I would be if someone came into our living area and photographed us. I feel our annoyed, inconvenienced and slightly fearful expressions would have us accused of being Richey for looking slightly like but not quite as Richey. If that makes sense?
But good to see you back on the forum!
Thanks and it's good to be back on.

I totally understand what you are saying. The person in the photograph(s) does look totally relaxed but it still really made me look a lot more than twice that is for sure.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:29
Banned

I've seen those pics before, they were posted on a Manics facebook group I'm in. There's a passing resemblance there, but the nose and mouth are different. Plus, Richey's in his fifties now; that guy looks late 30s/early 40s at most. Besides, that's Vincent and he's an ex-mathematics student, according to the original piece. He arrived straight from Uni seven years ago. So may look older than he actually is.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:42
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
I've seen those pics before, they were posted on a Manics facebook group I'm in. There's a passing resemblance there, but the nose and mouth are different. Plus, Richey's in his fifties now; that guy looks late 30s/early 40s at most. Besides, that's Vincent and he's an ex-mathematics student, according to the original piece. He arrived straight from Uni seven years ago. So may look older than he actually is.
To be fair, the guys back story could have been made up for the journalist writing the piece. I actually think the guy looks older than you say but I was never great at guessing ages haha. It was just the first time for a very long time that I saw something like this and did a serious double take.

Highly unlikely that it could have been Richey but has made me wonder for sure.
Old 06-02-2019, 13:17
Winterlover

Here we go again y’all http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/20...disappearance/
Old 06-02-2019, 13:28
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Fucking Christ, the first quote is giving me a fucking anuerysm. Why the fuck is anyone giving her the time of day. No one is taking her to task either....

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 06-02-2019, 13:41
Knowlede Is Power

Ha just came on here to kick off! I see I've been beaten to it.
This creature SHR is winding me up a lot now.

Surely no fan of the band would want her to profit from this after such blatant attacks?
I accept some Richey fans might want to read it for the sake of being a completist but if you like the band it's clearly gonna be best to stay clear of this tripe!

After reading that latest article I am really expecting it to be worse than I first thought.
Old 06-02-2019, 13:43
Winterlover

In the GIITV interview it says Jo was interviewed, so does that contradict an earlier one? Also that she and Richey ‘broke up’ a couple of months before he went missing, please refer to my earlier incredulity over that whole timeline. It also states that amongst the others spoken to for the book are neighbours and old girlfriends (the longest Richey claimed to have been seeing anyone for when young varies between days and weeks) so I’m pumped to find out what epic insights these people have to offer, especially seeing as we’re also told the band ‘weren’t friends since they were little’ and basically made the history of their friendships up!

Also enlightening to learn that the 4real incident is what got them a record deal! And can you believe none us ever thought that Richey might have staged his disappearance? I am still in awe of this breakthrough. Not to mention this bit of genius: ‘I think about Richey being spotted on the hippy trail in Goa, there were also sightings in Thailand too. I just think sometimes what if Richey was intending to go away for ten years? What if he got caught up in the Tsunami in 2004?’ WHAT IF, MATES. WHAT. IF.

Obviously bands never have disagreements about the direction they might take, and if they do, they don’t work through it. Every Manics album has sounded exactly like they first said it would, right? Wait what’s this, Richey didn’t really have anything outside the band? What about all his friends and the other bands he could have joined???

‘I’ve spoken to other people with family members who have gone missing, and normally they have received a much fuller picture of the last known 24 hours of their loved ones. For us, though, even after all these years, there’s new information being revealed about the night Richard vanished.’ BECAUSE IT WAS IN EXTREMELY UNUSUAL AND CONFUSING CIRCUMSTANCES MAYBE?

So Nicky asked for the Bugs Bunny binder later for the JFPL artwork, not for the lyrics, because he clearly already had those. Deliberate obfuscation is defs the name of the game! SHR says ‘it wasn’t clear if they were lyrics or not’ about what Richey left for the band, which is for some reason accompanied by image of a page of what looks like THB lyric proofs on which Richey has written ‘there are a few mistakes in most lyrics’. Huh? Was he meant to make it THIS clear? Is... is that the point here? o_0

AND FINALLY, Richey didn’t like some folks at Sony so OBVIOUSLY we can conclude they might have hired a hitman to off him! ObViOuSlY. But oh no wait, Richey hired the hitman? You hired the hitman? I HIRED THE HITMAN??

Honest to God this is giving me chest pains.

Last edited by sofarsideways; 06-02-2019 at 15:04.
Old 06-02-2019, 13:44
Banned

SHR's just denigrating everyone in the band in hopes that it will put Richey on an even higher pedestal. Stating they would never had got a record deal without the 4Real incident is pure bollocks. Whether she wants to admit it or not, James and Sean are both damn fine musicians and Nicky is more than capable of writing lyrics too.

She's just one of those people who're seriously angry at the band for carrying on without Richey and for being successful. This is her petty, spiteful revenge.
Old 06-02-2019, 13:44
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Fucking Christ, the first quote is giving me a fucking anuerysm.
Delighted that this was the first thing I saw after finishing my post, I FUCKING KNOW RIGHT
Old 06-02-2019, 13:57
HBIC

Not much to add as sofarsideways is killing it, but...

Imagine thinking that the whole 'SLEEPFLOWER!!!' shout isn't just a bit of glorious by-play between the manics and the fans that's become a tour tradition.

Imagine thinking that it's actually something used by fans to wind the band up about preferring Richey...
Old 06-02-2019, 13:59
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Not much to add as sofarsideways is killing it, but...

Imagine thinking that the whole 'SLEEPFLOWER!!!' shout isn't just a bit of glorious by-play between the manics and the fans that's become a tour tradition.

Imagine thinking that it's actually something used by fans to wind the band up about preferring Richey...
^_^;

It’s almost like homegirl knows absolutely fuck all about this band or fandom.
Old 06-02-2019, 14:03
Knowlede Is Power

Ha ha they hate sleepflower so much because Richey wrote it haaaaa.
But every 3rd song they write is somehow about Richey....yeah she really makes sense!

The woman is a lunatic
Old 06-02-2019, 14:04
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
“The Manics are very much masters of their own narratives, they were very much myth makers. They weren’t best friends since they were little. They had left the country before, Richey used to holiday in Texas and America all the time. They were very much into dramatic symbolism and creating their perfect band, and Richey was very much more serious about it than the other three. I think Richey got them that record deal really, without the ‘4 real’ incident they may not have had a mainstream record label look at them.”
What the fuck? Seriously...

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 06-02-2019, 14:18
Winterlover

Richey was much more serious about the band he didn’t really like or care about than the other three who only ever had that one band and not loads lined up to choose from.

Nicky absolutely must have come up with the nickname Teddy Edwards when in his 20s. And hallucinated a whole load of games of football. And been using ‘going to Richey’s house’ as a constant cover for covert ballet lessons (OMG MINING TOWN BILLY ELLIOTT HASHTAG CONSPIRACY). And chosen to transfer to Swansea from Portsmouth uni by sticking a pin in a map at random. And and and and etc forever